PDA

View Full Version : SI's 25 most hated teams of all time

steeldevil
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM
I am only 21 so I don't really know about a lot of these teams... A lot of the usual suspects. The 2010-2011 Heat already on there and they dont have a team yet...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/more/07/23/most.hated.teams/

steelerdude15
07-29-2010, 06:12 PM
First off, how does the Heat make it and they haven't played a game together and in all honesty, I'm surprised to not see a Steelers team up there.

steeldevil
07-29-2010, 06:22 PM
First off, how does the Heat make it and they haven't played a game together and in all honesty, I'm surprised to not see a Steelers team up there.

If it were hated franchises hated all time and not just single seasons the Steelers might be on there. I cant really think of a season that lots of people around the country hated us... of course like I said I am young.

Hindes204
07-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I think it's hilarious that Jimmy Johnson and Michael Irvin are on two different teams in the top three on this list

SteelCityMan786
07-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Penn State fans who were alive at the time will remember what happened to that 86 Miami team.

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
08-10-2010, 12:26 AM
The Steelers of the 70's had actually a good standing probably with the sports fan in this country (outside of Cleveland, Dallas, Oakland, etc), they played black and blue old school football and often pretty much were a part of the "The enemy of my enemy is my friend..", people hated the pretty boy, hollywood cowboys and hated the dirty, cheating raiders, the Steelers played off the blue collar image to a tee and thus a pretty big following began.

In regards to recent years it's stayed the same, new set of rivals (Cleveland, Baltimore, Seattle, Cincinnati), same result. The only real thing that makes them dislike-able is the the recent rape allegations of roethlisberger and the super bowl xl controversy.

I have my own reasons for disliking the team, mainly because it's in my blood and it's how I was raised ;).

venom
08-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Im surprised that not 1 Yankee team from the last 15 years didn't make the list .

SteelMember
08-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Do the Yankees, Cowboys or "Thug U" actually need a specific year? I think not. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Do the Yankees, Cowboys or "Thug U" actually need a specific year? I think not. :chuckle:

Yeah the 1986 team does. Just to show how bad they fell apart.

SteelMember
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah the 1986 team does. Just to show how bad they fell apart.

Ok. You may have a point there.

As a PSU fan, handing them a dose of reality was indeed a great moment.

We get credit for all their turnovers, right? :chuckle:

A good day, indeed.