PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Sports Fan Left With Nothing To Root For

SteelerEmpire
12-24-2012, 06:29 PM
...“I think this is the first year I got up and walked away from the TV when the Steelers were playing,” another fan said...
...“They gave it away, they been doing this all season long they just haven’t had that killer instinct,” another Steelers fan said...

LINK: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/12/24/pittsburgh-sports-fan-left-with-nothing-to-root-for/

The Bark
12-24-2012, 08:05 PM
In the last 15 years, I had only missed watching one game. The rest, I watched to their very end, no matter the outcome.

I am also one of those people who, this year, found myself turning the game off early several times - once halfway through the third quarter. I can't put my finger on it, whether it appeared the team just wasn't trying hard enough, the coaches... whatever it was, it was evident by the results on the field that continuing to watch was going to cause further aggravation.

While this is far from the worst team during that span, it is the one which has consistently played to the level of its opponent.

Count Steeler
12-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I'll take all comers that want to cheer on the Raptors or the Blue Jays. Heh, Raptors are on a 5 game win streak.

Blue Jays are FAVORED to win the World Series! Without even playing 1 game. That is some prediction. Let's see where they stand after the all star break, but I am encouraged to see the front office is at least trying to build a winner.

steelreserve
12-24-2012, 09:10 PM
There's always college basketball. Isn't Pitt like 12-1, with their only loss to the #3 team in the country?