PDA

View Full Version : 2012, The Year of the Injury

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Just would like to thank all the coaches and players and the other staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. While we did not make the playoffs, we had some mountains to climb with the injuries that kept piling up. In the end, there was just too much adversity to overcome.

We will take this season as a learning year for the coaches and the players that were able to play. We have 1 more game against the Browns, and I hope we put out an effort that is worthy of Steelers lore.

Lots of issues to take care of in the off season. The cap, the draft, the injuries, coaching moves, etc.

But in the end, these are our Pittsburgh Steelers. Though I would love to win the Super Bowl every year, I know we can't.

Also, a special thank you to fansince '76, X-Terminator and Texasteel, the Admins on this forum. A thank you as well to LLT, Devilsdancefloor and Stillers4me my fellow mods.

We will be back.

stillers4me
12-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I get tired of hearing we have all these injuries because we are " too old". Even the young guys couldn't stay on the field. I read somewhere that Max Starks is the only starter that didn't miss any time this year.

We have to address this. I have no clue how you fix this...but it's a major issue.

SteelGhost
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
I get tired of hearing we have all these injuries because we are " too old". Even the young guys couldn't stay on the field. I read somewhere that Max Starks is the only starter that didn't miss any time this year.

We have to address this. I have no clue how you fix this...but it's a major issue.

Absolutely. AND the backup QB situation has to be addressed too IMO

Lambert_Loonie
12-24-2012, 07:29 AM

It goes back to the strength & conditioning coaches, IMO. If I'm in the front office, I google what teams have been the least injured over the past 5 years and ask them just what the hell they're doing to keep their guys going. And if it fits in the budget, hire them. :)

zulater
12-24-2012, 08:07 AM
It was a year of injuries, but if I had to label this season with a name it would be the Steelers bizzaro year.

Every week someone different would step to the forefront to insure defeat.

Early in the season Ike and the defense played every game as if they were still in Migh High in the playoffs. Couldn't cover a effing soul, and we lost two games where the offensive production was high.

Then things seem to get on track defensively, we go on a 4 game winning streak then injuries derail the offense. First Colon gets hit with one nagging injury after the other. Thus the ground game that was starting to look legitimate goes completely by the wayside.

Then Adams gets hurt and our ability to run anything to the strong side goes out the window. Then Brown gets hurt, then Ben. And you know where that leads.

But injuries aside. 5 freaking fumbles against the Browns? Where does that come from? A kicker who almost can't miss a kick all year. But the 3 he does all could have gave the Steelers wins?

Just wasn't meant to be this season.

katmandu
12-27-2012, 01:03 AM
if I had to label this season with a name it would be the Steelers bizzaro year.
First word that popped into my head for this year's team is....... BI-POLAR !!!