PDA

View Full Version : Biggest goat this year

steelreserve
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Lots of that to go around. I know it was kind of a team-wide thing, but wondering what you think was the worst out of the bunch. Which also is a good way of figuring out where we need help in the draft the most ...

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Coaching Staff

steelreserve
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
by the way, I had to go with the WRs for the stunning overall lack of production compared to what their talent level was. It's obvious that depth in the secondary is something we need to work on, as well as a decent backup QB. The RBs I'll give a pass to because of all the injuries, but I hope we figure that out a little better as well.

I should've put Woodley on there too, but ran out of room, as it is more important for people to remember that Tom Brady is gay.

edit: wait a minute, I got it up to 12 choices, nevermind

Lambert_Loonie
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Voted for Pats & Brady because it made me laugh. And right now, that's not an easy task.

Edman
12-23-2012, 04:11 PM
The WR's are the goats this year.

steel9guy
12-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Between the offense and the coaching there is enough blame to go around.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
WRS

steeldawg
12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
coaching staff big time goats

JayC
12-23-2012, 04:16 PM
secondary was the brightest spot for me. they seem very solid between ike, allen, and lewis at CB and clark/troy/allen in the back. the rest of that list :ugh: i had to go with coaching, we played too piss poor overall in many areas against bad teams in order to lay the blame on one unit other than the coaches.

steelerdude15
12-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Its hard to say, but I have to give it to the receivers.

Steelermania
12-23-2012, 04:18 PM
I should've put Woodley on there too, but ran out of room, as it is more important for people to remember that Tom Brady is gay.

Woodley? Who's that? I don't remember a Woodley being on the team this year.

Carolina Steelers
12-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I picked coaches I felt like Tomlin didnt have his team motivated the last few weeks, and Haley did not impress me with play calling cant believe how many times we scored less then 20pts

zulater
12-23-2012, 04:44 PM
All of the above. They all took their turns blowing chunks.

Shoes
12-23-2012, 04:47 PM
All the above except Heath Miller, Pats and Brady.

SteelerFanInStl
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
I have to give it to the coaching. There's just been too many games that we didn't show up for this year. Even with all of the injuries, we played well below our talent level.

Mamaduck43
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Too many errors can be attributed to the coaching staff... Poor time management, poor manpower decisions and sometimes just sheer thickheadedness...

Edited to add that the coaching staff is not the only goat - - in each and every game it seemed like one section of the team or another checked their brains in the lockerroom.... If we could have had a solid 'good game' without lapses in performance, I think we could have overcome all of the second guessing that was going on all season... It was a 'hard knock' season, for sure...

ALLD
12-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Most of the offensive squads sucked consistently. IF we had a great OL, then most of the other would fall into place. I think it begins there. Tomlin also took too many risks.

Dwinsgames
12-23-2012, 05:50 PM
not sure I can only vote for one and would like to vote 4 times ... maybe 5

zulater
12-23-2012, 05:54 PM
not sure I can only vote for one and would like to vote 4 times ... maybe 5

Me too.

It was a bizzare year. When the offense played a good game the defense sucked. When the defense was great the offense pulled a no show. Throw in a couple games where the special teams threw in their special touch and you got a disaster.

Craic
12-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Biggest Goat?

TEAM TRAINERS/TEAM DOCTORS. LEARN HOW TO KEEP A TEAM HEALTHY

But I don't have a strong opinion about it. :chuckle:

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Injury bug. Hope the tide turns soon.

Tomlin and Ben have to mature, take the step to the next level in coaching and in playing QB. You can't plateau in the NFL, if you do, that means you are falling behind.

Seven
12-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Receivers. And I don't think it's close.

SCSTILLER
12-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I went with coaching staff, and that includes strength and conditioning coaches along with Tomlin, Haley, WR coaches, RB coaches, etc.

Moose
12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Damn, I couldn't narrow it down to one. I guess coaching would be the top crapper taker....the team just didn't look into playing most of the time. Like their simple minds were somewhere else on game day. Pathetic. Heath was the only one into it week after week.

stillers4me
12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
For me, it's the younger players. We never had the sense of urgancy from day one. We lost alot of the guys that never needed someone to motivate them, guys that we always ready for any game. Sometimes, I feel like the the young guys come into Pittsburgh thinking the wins and the rings are just going to be there.

I hope this season has been a wake up call. You have to work for success. Every play. Every down.

zulater
12-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Here's another example of how bizzare a season it was. Ike Taylor couldn't cover his own ass for the first 5 games of the season. Profootballfocus has some deal where they rank corners by targets, completions, yards allowed penalties etc.. and through the Titans game Ike was ranked 91 out of 95 or something like that. You could make the case he was the single biggest reason we lost to the Titans in fact. Then he bottoms out that game and after that he's back to shutdown Ike again. Was playing as good as just about any corner in the league, and then boom, breaks his effing leg! And his absense plays a big part in the next two losses.

Just that sort of year. It just wasn't meant to be.

Craic
12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Here's another example of how bizzare a season it was. Ike Taylor couldn't cover his own ass for the first 5 games of the season. Profootballfocus has some deal where they rank corners by targets, completions, yards allowed penalties etc.. and through the Titans game Ike was ranked 91 out of 95 or something like that. You could make the case he was the single biggest reason we lost to the Titans in fact. Then he bottoms out that game and after that he's back to shutdown Ike again. Was playing as good as just about any corner in the league, and then boom, breaks his effing leg! And his absense plays a big part in the next two losses.

Just that sort of year. It just wasn't meant to be.

Ben - was playing unbelievable ball early in the year. Led out team in a few comebacks (that the defense couldn't keep the lead for). Then boom. Gone with an injury.
Willie Colon - kept getting penalties and struggled in his position. Then in the first game against the Bengals, he came around and played outstanding since then, until boom, gone with an injury.
Mike Adams - a human turnstyle in preseason that had me secretly fearing he'd be a bust. Comes in after the first third of the season and nails the position for a rookie. Sure, he had a few mistakes, but again, for a rookie, he played outstanding in both run and pass defense. Then boom, down with injury.
DeCastro - comes in and struggles a bit in the early part of camp. Then the light goes off and he shines in the rest of camp and up into the second preseason game until . . . boom, injury and gone for most of the season.
Troy P. - has just another average camp (which is a great camp in perspective) and then boom, a calf injury keeps him out most of the year.
James Harrison - swelling on knee, has surgery and it takes forever for him to get back into game shape afterward.

I could go on, but I think I've remade Zu's point enough times.

zulater
12-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Ben - was playing unbelievable ball early in the year. Led out team in a few comebacks (that the defense couldn't keep the lead for). Then boom. Gone with an injury.
Willie Colon - kept getting penalties and struggled in his position. Then in the first game against the Bengals, he came around and played outstanding since then, until boom, gone with an injury.
Mike Adams - a human turnstyle in preseason that had me secretly fearing he'd be a bust. Comes in after the first third of the season and nails the position for a rookie. Sure, he had a few mistakes, but again, for a rookie, he played outstanding in both run and pass defense. Then boom, down with injury.
DeCastro - comes in and struggles a bit in the early part of camp. Then the light goes off and he shines in the rest of camp and up into the second preseason game until . . . boom, injury and gone for most of the season.
Troy P. - has just another average camp (which is a great camp in perspective) and then boom, a calf injury keeps him out most of the year.
James Harrison - swelling on knee, has surgery and it takes forever for him to get back into game shape afterward.

I could go on, but I think I've remade Zu's point enough times.

Well played Preacher! :applaudit: