PDA

View Full Version : The Bright Side.

Edman
12-23-2012, 03:58 PM
If things go on as they have been, this team is good to go for the next two years.

Three Year cycle, remember?

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
and some pretty good draft picks...for a player that wont do anything for us until like his 4th year in the league. lol

Lambert_Loonie
12-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I guess that's true. The Steelers haven't missed the Playoffs for consecutive years since, what, the late 90s?

Shoes
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Hopefully, the bright side will be individual self examination and surgery at every level.

(https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=self+examination&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8)

Lambert_Loonie
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Hopefully, the bright side will be individual self examination and surgery at every level.

(https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=self+examination&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8)

Agreed. The team's doctors and trainers will be raking in the OT this offseason. :P

steel9guy
12-23-2012, 04:16 PM
This team is so talented and needs to stop the dumb penalties and turnovers. If they do that, we will beat everyone. Just need to touch up a few positions.

Lambert_Loonie
12-23-2012, 04:19 PM
This team is so talented and needs to stop the dumb penalties and turnovers. If they do that, we will beat everyone. Just need to touch up a few positions.

Agreed, ESPECIALLY the penalties. Penalties show a lack of discipline.

salamander
12-23-2012, 04:24 PM

It seems like we say that every year.

Shoes
12-23-2012, 04:27 PM

I disagree. The anemia of this team goes deeper than a few positions and hasn't been addressed this year or in the pasted few years. Hopefully, today will start the change.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like we say that every year.

We do....and the coaches and players say the same thing after every loss......you know the old chewing gum talking points.

Heinz Hitman
12-23-2012, 04:46 PM
About 65% of me was actually rooting for Cincy to win this game. I really don't want to see our team make it to the playoffs when they are playing as poorly as they have been this season. If they make it to the playoffs then chances are you won't see many of the problems addressed in the offseason because they will feel like "Hey, we made it to the playoffs, why change anything?". Maybe now we will see some of our problems attempted to be fixed or at least improved-upon (running back, fumbling WRs, secondary depth, offensive line depth, poor punting (why did we not keep Kapinos, again?), crappy special teams coaching).

zulater
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
My brightside. Cortez Allen! Not only can he cover, but it looks as if he some ball skills! Something this secondary's lacked at corner since Rod Woodson parted company with the black and gold.

Shoes
12-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I was happy to see Decastro make it back this season....even tho he gave up some sacks. It will most assuredly help him this off season into the next.

zulater
12-23-2012, 04:55 PM
I was happy to see Decastro make it back this season....even tho he gave up some sacks. It will most assuredly help him this off season into the next.

I was missing Colon and Adams today.

Shoes
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
I was missing Colon and Adams today.

Well at least we didn't have a bunch of holding calls. :chuckle:

katmandu
12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
My brightside. Cortez Allen! Not only can he cover, but it looks as if he some ball skills! Something this secondary's lacked at corner since Rod Woodson parted company with the black and gold.x2.

This team has a lot of talented young players that have a ton of potential in the future.

A BIG plus this season has been that they have got a bunch of experience due the starter's getting injured.

zulater
12-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Also on the bright side a 3rd place schedule next season!

steelreserve
12-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Also on the bright side a 3rd place schedule next season!

That means we get the Raiders on the road and the Titans at home. I could easily see us doing our annual "It's-just-the-sorry-ass-Raiders" choke job, and Tennessee somehow turning things around all of a sudden and being decent when we play them.

Also great that we get the Patriots, Packers and Bears just by luck of the draw, plus a game in London.

steelerdude15
12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Things I'm excited about for the future: 1). the secondary is young and seems to have talent and 2). the offensive line is getting younger and better.

st33lersguy
12-24-2012, 10:06 PM
On the bright side, the Steelers will have a top 20 draft pick and avoid a thorough and completely embarrassing ass-beating in the wild-card round at the hands of the Cheatriots