PDA

View Full Version : worst season since....

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
2006 for me

steelerdude15
12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
2009, but 2009 is still more painful for me. I guess the reason why is because we had just come off a Super Bowl winning season.

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
you dont have to go back that far. worst season since 2009. good lord what a letdown. good fucking lord.

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 03:23 PM
you dont have to go back that far. worst season since 2009. good lord what a letdown. good fucking lord.

The team in 2009 was good....just unlucky.....This year,this team is bad

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Major changes needed on this team.

steelpride12
12-23-2012, 03:25 PM
steeler fans are spoileddddddddddddddddddddd.

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2012, 03:26 PM

gonna be interesting to see a defense that looks like its going to have a lot of new starters next season

BlastFurnace
The team in 2009 was good....just unlucky.....This year,this team is bad

They lost to Oakland, Kansas City, and Cleveland in 09. They were bad too. Same thing...can't rise to occasion.

JayC
since 2003. this season has been more of a joke than disappointing to me. disappointing to me is losing to tebow in the playoffs. the way we played this year has been laughably atrocious between the constant same mistakes by players being made over and over again, the bad coaching decisions happening over and over again, and the piss poor product we witnessed week after week against other bad teams.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 03:28 PM
steeler fans are spoileddddddddddddddddddddd.

Whatever.

I guess everyone deserves a turn to win a trophy. Just like pee wee football.

steelpride12
12-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Whatever.

I guess everyone deserves a turn to win a trophy. Just like pee wee football.
Exactly. Why do we get all assfucking hurt after we have a had season... SO WHAT?! It happens. Yes we're used to winning, but what would Steelers fans do if they were Oakland fans? OMG it would be mass suicide.

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 03:30 PM
They lost to Oakland, Kansas City, and Cleveland in 09. They were bad too. Same thing...can't rise to occasion.

Polamalu's injury had ruined the team in 2009(the steelers make the SB in 2008 and 2010)

This year, he has no excuse

Edman
12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
The 2009 team was disappointing.

This team isn't a disappointment anymore, it's a joke. Like 2003.

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 03:34 PM
The 2006 and 2009 teams were disappointing.

This team isn't a disappointment anymore, it's a joke.

agree and this is worst for me

Craic
12-23-2012, 03:56 PM

Nope. Just a few tweaks. With those few tweaks, we'll come out next year and be dominant again. Why blow it up? Seriously, we will end up one game or so out of the playoffs, or if you like, a few injuries out of the playoffs. Major changes are needed? Not at all.

silver & black
12-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Exactly. Why do we get all assfucking hurt after we have a had season... SO WHAT?! It happens. Yes we're used to winning, but what would Steelers fans do if they were Oakland fans? OMG it would be mass suicide.
It really wasn't all that long ago that Raiders fans were just as spoiled. I know I was. Shit happens. It is rather amusing to read through these threads, though. :wink02:

zulater
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM

As bad as this was it's not nearly as bad as losing to Teblow and letting him throw for 316 yards and the winning touchdown on the first play of OT! :frusty:

Lambert_Loonie
12-23-2012, 06:17 PM

As bad as this was it's not nearly as bad as losing to Teblow and letting him throw for 316 yards and the winning touchdown on the first play of OT! :frusty:

'11 was no '09, but it was still disappointing. The Steelers win 12 games, but what good is it when you get swept by the Ravens and lose in the Wild round to freaking Tebow?

zulater
12-23-2012, 06:18 PM
'11 was no '09, but it was still disappointing. The Steelers win 12 games, but what good is it when you get swept by the Ravens and lose in the Wild round to freaking Tebow?

Exactly.

oneforthetoe
12-23-2012, 06:22 PM

Who did that? I don't remember that.

De-nile is not just a river in Egypt.

Moose
12-23-2012, 06:26 PM
2011 and the Tebow embarrassment.

oneforthetoe
12-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Nope. Just a few tweaks. With those few tweaks, we'll come out next year and be dominant again. Why blow it up? Seriously, we will end up one game or so out of the playoffs, or if you like, a few injuries out of the playoffs. Major changes are needed? Not at all.

This. The Rooney's don't make major changes unless they suffer through multiple seasons of sub .500 play. I liked the look of the D today. Troy looked better. And if Ike comes back healthy next year, we could have one hell of a secondary. Need to fix special teams and some parts of the offense and we should be good for next season

katmandu
12-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Nope. Just a few tweaks. With those few tweaks, we'll come out next year and be dominant again. Why blow it up? Seriously, we will end up one game or so out of the playoffs, or if you like, a few injuries out of the playoffs. Major changes are needed? Not at all.I agree with you Preacher.

People can't see the trees for the forest. They can't seem to understand the effect of all the major injuries that this year's team has suffered from. The magnitude of this year's injuries was much greater than on the past losing-record teams.

IMHO, this year's team fared rather well considering all the injuries they've sustained.

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM

I agree on the most part, but 2 issues are lurking. The cap situation needs to be addressed and that may cause some unforeseen casualties.

Secondly, injuries are not an excuse for poor ball handling and way too many penalties early in the season. Tomlin needs to have a better camp next year.

steelreserve
12-23-2012, 11:08 PM

Heh, I was sitting in the bar watching the game, and on the other screen was the Raiders game ... they were on about the Carolina 10 and threw a pass to the goal line that goes off the guy's hands and he drops it. There's a collective "yeeaAAAHH-AWWWWWWW!" from 15 people, with one guy distinguishing himself by yelling "FUCK YOU!" at the top of his lungs as the ball rolls away.

I look at the guy next to me and say, "And THAT summarizes the life of an Oakland Raiders fan."

SteelMayhem72
12-23-2012, 11:48 PM
hey fellow steeler buds....this is my last post for this season...enjoyed talkin to everybody. We just didnt have IT this season and I do honestly believe there was some internal stuff going on in that locker room and behind the scenes that they are not letting on about but it dont matter now...playoff hopes are gone!!! Coaches need to regroup this team along with getting rid of a few...namely wallace....probably a few of our elder statesman I hate to see go but father time waits for noone...everybody have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I will more than likely be back here in April come draft time!! Our team probably needs a major overhaul and philosophy...Im not sure what has happened to our fav Big Ben...maybe injuries, concussions or our Offensive Coordinator but something is not all there with him...hell it could even be marriage and fatherhood who knows

silver & black
12-24-2012, 08:03 AM
I look at the guy next to me and say, "And THAT summarizes the life of an Oakland Raiders fan."

It may summarize how it is to be a Raiders fan at this point in time, but it hardly summarizes my life.

polamalubeast
12-24-2012, 08:50 AM

This game was embarrassing but not this season.....The steelers had 12-4 last year...... A record of 7-8 is worse for me....This team is a joke right now

Lambert_Loonie
12-24-2012, 09:24 AM
This game was embarrassing but not this season.....The steelers had 12-4 last year...... A record of 7-8 is worse for me....This team is a joke right now

I'll say this about 2011: What good is going 12-4 when you have nothing to show for it?

st33lersguy
12-24-2012, 02:34 PM
2009, that team was every bit as awful as this complete utter vomit inducing waste of a season

DarthSpartans20
12-26-2012, 01:09 AM
2011. That team had potential.

st33lersguy
12-26-2012, 09:07 AM

How about shutting down Brady and beating Bellicheat and the Cheatriots? Anyone of yinz who find 2011 disappointing remember that game? I would think that that, along with the record would prevent it from being disappointing. Besides, at least the 2011 team had heart and gutted out a lot of close games for wins and didn't find awful ways to lose (yes I know a lot of those close games were against bad teams, but good teams find a way to win and they lose all those games in 2012). 12-4 is hard to accomplish and you can't every playoff game. Yes the Tebow loss was awful, doesn't take away the 12-4 record. All things considered 2011 was a successful year.

NCSteeler
12-26-2012, 09:27 AM
so what ? Because they are the steelers. If you are gladly willing to accept mediocre football. Cleveland awaits. I on the other hand expect great play even if the results aren't always wins this team this year has played great maybe twice, not good enough

Lambert_Loonie
12-29-2012, 07:53 PM
How about shutting down Brady and beating Bellicheat and the Cheatriots? Anyone of yinz who find 2011 disappointing remember that game? I would think that that, along with the record would prevent it from being disappointing. Besides, at least the 2011 team had heart and gutted out a lot of close games for wins and didn't find awful ways to lose (yes I know a lot of those close games were against bad teams, but good teams find a way to win and they lose all those games in 2012). 12-4 is hard to accomplish and you can't every playoff game. Yes the Tebow loss was awful, doesn't take away the 12-4 record. All things considered 2011 was a successful year.

I remember that game, and I was glad when we won. Very glad. But (and forgive the rough language) I'll blow my load over beating the Patriots when we do it in January. Because what difference does a regular season win over the Patriots make when at the end of the year, the Steelers are sitting at home watching the Pats win ANOTHER AFC Conference title and representing the AFC in the Super Bowl?

2011 was an empty, fraudulent year.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2012, 08:31 PM

not really. our lack of turnovers and pass rush was going to get us steamrolled to hell if we beat the broncos anyways.

st33lersguy
12-30-2012, 12:28 AM

A lot more potential was wasted this year than last year. Frankly, I am not sure how much potential can be possibly wasted by a team that wins a dozen games

st33lersguy
12-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I find it funny all the fans calling this season the worst since last season, technically meaning that this year was as bad as last year which is absolutely ridiculous. 2011 was 10 times the year this puke-fest was. "But we lost to Tebow in the playoffs, we got swept by the Ravens". The wild-card game and the sweep to a Ravens team that by the was a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl doesn't come close to losing to Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego (badly) all in the same season and the vast array of heart-breaking losses to mediocre QBs, not to mention the fact that unlike last year, this year's team won't even get to paly in a wild card game. You can't win the Super Bowl every year and 12-4 is an accomplishment in the NFL that few teams achieve in a given year.

Lambert_Loonie
12-30-2012, 06:10 AM
I'm not arguing that 2011 was WORSE than this season. What my feelings boil down to is this: What good is winning 12 games when you have nothing to show for it?

JayC
12-30-2012, 06:49 AM
this is the worst in a while for myself because i can sense tension with this team. even tomlin seems pissed off all the time anymore. ben seems unhappy even if he doesn't just come out and say it, i believe he gives hints at his true feelings. either way, it's less painful than losing in the playoffs but i sure rather have that opportunity of course. i feel wrong but i hope we lose today. this game is meaningless to me so why not get a higher pick.

Edman
12-30-2012, 07:42 AM
I was far more embarrassed by 2011. The 2011 team was marred by a destruction in Baltimore, lost to Bert on a 92-yard drive, was utterly TERRIBLE on the road, and was embarrassed by Tim Tebow to close out the season. The Patriots Win that year wasn't even that impressive. The 2011 Team was in certain ways WORSE and MORE embarrassing than the 2012 team. The 2012 Team was meant to be a transition year, The 2011 Team was meant to be something, and proceeded to fall flat on it's face. They finished 12-4, but that was not a 12-4 team, and I don't care what you say about this year's losses, but at least the Steelers lost to actual NFL Quarterbacks. Losing to Tim Tebow in January is simply inexcusable. There was NO excuse for that trash.

The 2012 team had more heart, but just couldn't get out of it's way. They will not get a chance to be humiliated and gives the organization to cut plenty of dead wood that's been lingering since 2010. The 2011 Season was empty time looking back on it. A totally fraudulent team.

polamalubeast
12-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Yes, he had some embarrassing losses last year but it's never easy to finish 12-4....In regular season, the Steelers had four lost against teams of 10-6,12-4 and 13-3

For me, 2006 and 2012 are the most painful for me

2009 was a fluke and I was confident that the team would play well in 2010 even with the suspension of Roethlisberger in the first 4 games

At this point, I am not confident for the 2013 season

st33lersguy
12-30-2012, 08:45 AM
I was far more embarrassed by 2011. The 2011 team was marred by a destruction in Baltimore, lost to Bert on a 92-yard drive, was utterly TERRIBLE on the road, and was embarrassed by Tim Tebow to close out the season. The Patriots Win that year wasn't even that impressive. The 2011 Team was in certain ways WORSE and MORE embarrassing than the 2012 team. The 2012 Team was meant to be a transition year, The 2011 Team was meant to be something, and proceeded to fall flat on it's face. They finished 12-4, but that was not a 12-4 team, and I don't care what you say about this year's losses, but at least the Steelers lost to actual NFL Quarterbacks. Losing to Tim Tebow in January is simply inexcusable. There was NO excuse for that trash.

The 2012 team had more heart, but just couldn't get out of it's way. They will not get a chance to be humiliated and gives the organization to cut plenty of dead wood that's been lingering since 2010. The 2011 Season was empty time looking back on it. A totally fraudulent team.

Wow. First of all I don't think teams that lose to Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego in the same season show heart, and if this team showed heart it was very little. Not to mention, the 2011 team showed a lot of heart in gutting out a lot of close wins, games this year's team would have lost. Second of all, losing to Tebow and Flacco twice in the same season is not nearly as embarrassing as losing to Palmer, over-the-hill Hasselbeck, Flacco, Weeden, Rivers, and Romo all in the same season. 2012 provided enough humiliation for 2 seasons and certainly 10 times the humiliation 2011 provided.

I can't believe I even have to debate whether or not 2011 was a good year and if it was better than this pile of trash season. Not every year can be a Super Bowl year. Here I thought 12-4 was considered a good year, guess that all depends.

zulater
12-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Just a thought. Even though the playoff loss to the Broncos followed the 2011 season. The fact is that game occured in the calender year of 2012. So can we just agree that all Steelers football that took place in the calender year 2012 pretty much sucked ass? :heh: