PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Offense

GBMelBlount
12-23-2012, 01:05 PM
They looked like shit in the first half like they have most of the season.

1 out of 7 on third down conversions.

Not sure if the problem is the play calling, execution or personnel but I am really disappointed in there play...including Ben.

zulater
12-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Ben's lost his mojo since his injury. He went from being the best qb in the league on 3rd down to one of the worst since.

GBMelBlount
12-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Ben's lost his mojo since his injury. He went from being the best qb in the league on 3rd down to one of the worst since.

Yep, good thing we rushed him back for all of these "critical" games....

Hindes204
12-23-2012, 01:12 PM
The offense blows

zulater
12-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Yep, good thing we rushed him back for all of these "critical" games....

I don't know that Batch would have done any better? And I'm not even sure the injury is the issue now. It's a more confidence thing. Or maybe the family distraction is part of it?

Bottom line I think Ben's lost some confidence. He's not seeing the field, and not trusting his line.

Just hope he can sort it out in the offseason and get back to where he needs to be next season.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Ben looks like Kent Graham out there.

As Sam Rutigliano once said...this team needs an enema.

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Realistically, we expected the O to struggle with the new OC. They got off to a better start than I had hoped, but the continuity suffered greatly with the injury to Ben and to the O Line.

Hindes204
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
That should be a nice confidence booster!!!!

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Ben plays poorly and its the line, Arians, Haley or an injury. Enough with the excuses. That perfect TD pass to Brown should dispell ANY injured excuses. When Ben plays well we cant be touched. When he plays uninspired our offense lulls. If this guy could be CONSISTENT, we would be a dynasty

SteelerFanInStl
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm glad that the game isn't on here. I can't stand to watch them continue to play so crappy.

3rd and 1 at the 6 and we go shotgun??? Really???

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Ben plays poorly and its the line, Arians, Haley or an injury. Enough with the excuses. That perfect TD pass to Brown should dispell ANY injured excuses. When Ben plays well we cant be touched. When he plays uninspired our offense lulls. If this guy could be CONSISTENT, we would be a dynasty

That play was to Ben's left. He is struggling with throws to his right.

zulater
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM

Uninspired means doesn't care or going through the motions, no?

I don't get that sense at all. If anything I think Ben cares too much and is putting too much on himself.

Granted he's playing like shit. And I agree with you that injuries aren't the problem.

But I think it's more about regaining his confidence and playing rythm as opposed to getting inspired to play well.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Another dumb sack that takes us out of FG range. Come on Ben you are a 9 year vet. smh

- - - Updated - - -

That play was to Ben's left. He is struggling with throws to his right.

Touchdown pass to Heath and AB were to his right. As well as the clutch throw to the FB last week. Enough with the excuses

GBMelBlount
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Way to blow another scoring opportunity offense.

Ben looks like a deer in head lights...again.

What has he completed his last 3 games, 50%?

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Ben is good but I hate the fact that he plays well when he feels like it.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Gets the ball at the and loses 10 yards.

Still doesn't know how to throw the ball away after 9 years.

Offense looks like a bunch of 3rd graders on the playground.

fansince'76
12-23-2012, 01:50 PM

Can't argue that. That last series in particular was pathetic. And the playcalling leaves plenty to be desired as well.

zulater
12-23-2012, 01:51 PM

He was in the tackle box, if he didn't see a good place to go with the ball and throw it away he either is called for grounding or throw a pick. That play broke down real quick, I would blame that posession's failure more on Dwyer tripping over his own feet on the first down play and the overly conservative play call on 2nd down.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 02:08 PM
He was in the tackle box, if he didn't see a good place to go with the ball and throw it away he either is called for grounding or throw a pick. That play broke down real quick, I would blame that posession's failure more on Dwyer tripping over his own feet on the first down play and the overly conservative play call on 2nd down.

Again in scoring position. Draw to our fast as a glacier running back and then another sack by Ben.

Rinse and repeat.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:09 PM

He can throw the ball into the GROUND. If the OC calls a bad play then Ben should audible like the elite ones do.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Can someone please tell me why Rainey is a better 3rd down option than Mendy?

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Mendenhall needs more carries

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Mendenhall needs more carries

Agree!

zulater
12-23-2012, 02:18 PM
He can throw the ball into the GROUND. If the OC calls a bad play then Ben should audible like the elite ones do.

I know Ben's not playing at elite level since returning from the injury. But I still think he's an elite qb.

Look at Eli and Brees this year. Sometimes you just go into a slump physically and mentally.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:20 PM
8 in the box and Ben DOES NOT audible to a pass. He gives the ball to Mendy, there is no way that called play will work. 6 guys cant block 8. Ben has got to audible to a pass and Beat the defense with his mind. He struggles with this

- - - Updated - - -

I know Ben's not playing at elite level since returning from the injury. But I still think he's an elite qb.

Look at Eli and Brees this year. Sometimes you just go into a slump physically and mentally.

Brees and Eli are elite mentally. Ben is not

zulater
12-23-2012, 02:23 PM
8 in the box and Ben DOES NOT audible to a pass. He gives the ball to Mendy, there is no way that called play will work. 6 guys cant block 8. Ben has got to audible to a pass and Beat the defense with his mind. He struggles with this

- - - Updated - - -

Eli and Brees are turning the ball over more than Ben this year.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Eli and Brees are turning the ball over more than Ben this year.

Eli and Brees are in Pittsburgh Ben is on the bench or traded.

zulater
12-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Eli and Brees are in Pittsburgh Ben is on the bench or traded.

So says you.

They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I don't think Brees would excell with our team, and I know Eli wouldn't.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 02:26 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly, Ben's future is not reading and diagnosing defenses for NFL Network.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Well I do. And EVERY expert says that they are both Better than Ben. So did the NFL players in both polls.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly, Ben's future is not reading and diagnosing defenses for NFL Network.

I appreciate the fact that you arent biased. Refreshing

- - - Updated - - -

The Defense sets Ben up in perfect field positon again. See how many opportunities he has to finally "get it right". Dalton has been more accurate (long and short) thus far. Lastly, he is also reading still shots of our defense while not on the field. I wish Ben would do the same. It helps

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Ben and his "style" is going to shorten his career. He has got to learn to read a defense quickly and get the ball out to save his body from wear and tear. Only time he can see the field quickly is on a play action.

zulater
12-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Our o-line is getting overwhelmed today. This all doesn't fall on Ben. There's not a lot of great plays to make when two of your linemen get beat off the snap every other play.

dislocatedday
12-23-2012, 02:37 PM
The offense seemed to be headed in the right direction and building momentum during the first half of the season. The short passing game was working and I liked what Haley was doing with the playcalling. The last few games though have been miserable, and the turnovers have not helped either. Something just seems wrong with the entire offensive gameplan and execution. There is very little momentum that they seem to be able to generate. It's very frustrating to watch.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Nice play by Allen!! His feet are in!!. Defense sets the offense up YET AGAIN.

zulater
12-23-2012, 02:40 PM
The offense seemed to be headed in the right direction and building momentum during the first half of the season. The short passing game was working and I liked what Haley was doing with the playcalling. The last few games though have been miserable, and the turnovers have not helped either. Something just seems wrong with the entire offensive gameplan and execution. There is very little momentum that they seem to be able to generate. It's very frustrating to watch.

Being down to our 3rd right tackle, and our second right guard is a factor.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Our o-line is getting overwhelmed today. This all doesn't fall on Ben. There's not a lot of great plays to make when two of your linemen get beat off the snap every other play.

Another excuse. Thats why you give yourself and "out" at the line of scrimmage. You call a hot route in case you need it. Its a bailout that elite quarterbacks use and you notice Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers have low sack counts. This is due to what I just described.

- - - Updated - - -

Playaction is the only way he can see the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice what Simms just said? "Outnumbered no chance" He is saying what I said above. 8 in box you HAVE to audible, your line has no chance. As Ben has 4 seconds and takes another sack good thing for the penalty

zulater
12-23-2012, 02:48 PM
How did Eli do against the Bengals again? :coffee:

- - - Updated - - -

Another excuse. Thats why you give yourself and "out" at the line of scrimmage. You call a hot route in case you need it. Its a bailout that elite quarterbacks use and you notice Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers have low sack counts. This is due to what I just described.

- - - Updated - - -

Playaction is the only way he can see the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice what Simms just said? "Outnumbered no chance" He is saying what I said above. 8 in box you HAVE to audible, your line has no chance. As Ben has 4 seconds and takes another sack good thing for the penalty

Just cut him then and draft a new qb next year. Maybe Barkley will fall to us or we can find some stupid team that will trade a top 10 choice to us for Ben so we can assure ourselves of getting him.

Yep Ben sucks. Stealreal says so, so might aas well move on.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Eli is the PRIMARY reason the Giants are elite. The PRIMARY reason the Steelers are elite is THE DEFENSE

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just cut him then and draft a new qb next year. Maybe Barkley will fall to us or we can find some stupid team that will trade a top 10 choice to us for Ben so we can assure ourselves of getting him.

Cut him? No one said that. No one even said he sucks. Why are you mad? Are you Ben? I tell the truth about Ben. Thank Ben for all of the material. I'm not making it up.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are critical of every Steeler except Ben. I offer the critical analysis of him and you get mad. Why? Ben cost us a FG by taking a sack in FG range. He also overthrew a wideopen Wallace. I want those 10 points. Dont you?

- - - Updated - - -

Green Bay has 55 points on the Titans. We lost to them. We habitually lose to bad teams. How come Peyton, Brees, Brady, Rodgers and Eli do not? Maybe its because they are elite

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Here we go the D gives Ben yet another chance to get it right. LETS GO D. He wont make this long fg. NO WAY

dislocatedday
12-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Being down to our 3rd right tackle, and our second right guard is a factor.

True. The deteroriating O-line is a big problem.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 03:00 PM
We have got to manage the clock and NOT let them get it back

- - - Updated - - -

I cant believe they are disrespecting us like that by putting 8 in the box. MAKE EM PAY BEN!!!!

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 03:11 PM
D give the offense yet ANOTHER chance. LETS GO

- - - Updated - - -

WHOSE fault was that? Ben is not elite

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Ben is just plain stupid.

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Since the injury, Ben is shit. Before the injury Ben was great.

The injury did more than hurt his ribs, it did something to his psyche.

pepsyman1
12-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm not ready to throw out our franchise QB. HE'S the reason we we've been to 3 Superbowls since he got here. We've had great defenses in Pittsburgh long before Ben was here and we weren't able to do anything with it. Ben obviously hasn't looked good since he came back from his injury, but he looked like an MVP before he went out hurt. Ben will be back to himself next year and hopefully with a year under their belt with this offense, hopefully they'll look like they've got a clue. I just hope our front office addresses some of the glaring issues we have

Hindes204
12-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Ben blew the season, point, blank, period.

steelpride12
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Big Ben reported raped a girl at a bar last night before the game :D Now I have to get banned!

GBMelBlount
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM

Yep, they rushed him back from an injury the same way they did last year after Batch won and the exact same thing happened both years....

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 03:47 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Watch how Eli plays vs the Ravens. You asked for it. Watch and see what an elite CEREBRAL QB does to them.

- - - Updated - - -

The injury, the line. Pfffffft. If Ben was not healthy to play he WOULDNT have been playing. Why do you think we started Batch in a big game vs the Ravens. We did so because Ben couldnt make all of the throws. Once he could he was cleared to play. You guys ALWAYS need an excuse when he plays poorly. Its so predictable. The line, Haley, Arian, the injury, the crowd noise, girl in nevada etc.

When Ben threw that 60 yard TD to Brown did he look injured? Ben has limitations at quarterback, LOTS OF THEM And the good defenses expose them and that is why he has habitually played poorly or average vs a good defense. Look it up and see.

X-Terminator
12-23-2012, 03:47 PM
So now we have people wanting Ben traded? Have you all lost your fucking minds????

OK, that's it. I'm officially done here until you people come back to reality. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 03:48 PM
WHO said to trade Ben?

steelerdude15
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Watch how Eli plays vs the Ravens. You asked for it. Watch and see what an elite CEREBRAL QB does to them.

- - - Updated - - -

The injury, the line. Pfffffft. If Ben was not healthy to play he WOULDNT have been playing. Why do you think we started Batch in a big game vs the Ravens. We did so because Ben couldnt make all of the throws. Once he could he was cleared to play. You guys ALWAYS need an excuse when he plays poorly. Its so predictable. The line, Haley, Arian, the injury, the crowd noise, girl in nevada etc.

When Ben threw that 60 yard TD to Brown did he look injured? Ben has limitations at quarterback, LOTS OF THEM And the good defenses expose them and that is why he has habitually played poorly or average vs a good defense. Look it up and see.

Yeah and Eli is playing isn't playing well so far.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Ben and his "style" is going to shorten his career. He has got to learn to read a defense quickly and get the ball out to save his body from wear and tear. Only time he can see the field quickly is on a play action.

Yep

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and Eli is playing isn't playing well so far.

He isnt? Funny youre not as equally critical of our Qb. Interesting bias

steelerdude15
12-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Yep

- - - Updated - - -

He isnt? Funny youre not as equally critical of our Qb. Interesting bias

:rolleyes: Please, I've critiqued Ben as well. Don't give me that crap.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Ok, maybe you have. You should have today for sure. Eli just audibled from a pass to a run and it resulted in a long TD run. Elite quarterbacking starts at the line of scrimmage.

steelerdude15
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Ok, maybe you have. You should have today for sure. Eli just audibled from a pass to a run and it resulted in a long TD run. Elite quarterbacking starts at the line of scrimmage.

Once again, Ben has audibled plenty of times. There are times he does and there are times he doesn't.

zulater
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM

QFT! :applaudit:

- - - Updated - - -

So now we have people wanting Ben traded? Have you all lost your fucking minds????

OK, that's it. I'm officially done here until you people come back to reality. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Pretty much just one guy X.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, Ben has audibled plenty of times. There are times he does and there are times he doesn't.

Yeah I also liked the assertion that Ben is only effective on play action. How do you lead the league in 3rd and long passer rating and conversion rate if that's your only trump card? Combine that with the fact that the Steelers have been a below average running team for most of the last 5 seasons and yet somehow all of Ben's success has been attributed to play action passes!

:troll: Time to flush! And not Ben.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Another excuse. I remember Leftwich getting KILLED for playing hurt. Why isnt Ben getting the same treatment. Leftwich was visibly hurt. Ben wasnt. Ben's injury is just an excuse for poor play. Ben lost 5 games PRIOR to being hurt. What was the excuse then?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I also liked the assertion that Ben is only effective on play action. How do you lead the league in 3rd and long passer rating and conversion rate if that's your only trump card? Combine that with the fact that the Steelers have been a below average running team for most of the last 5 seasons and yet somehow all of Ben's success has been attributed to play action passes!

Ben IS best on Playaction pass. You disagree? Fine. We arent a good running team becasue EVERY team puts 8 in the box. The ultimate sign of disrespect for the pass. Funny you dont see defenses loading the box on Brady, Manning, Rodgers, the elite guys

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Another excuse. I remember Leftwich getting KILLED for playing hurt. Why isnt Ben getting the same treatment. Leftwich was visibly hurt. Ben wasnt. Ben's injury is just an excuse for poor play. Ben lost 5 games PRIOR to being hurt. What was the excuse then?

- - - Updated - - -

Ben IS best on Playaction pass. You disagree? Fine. We arent a good running team becasue EVERY team puts 8 in the box. The ultimate sign of disrespect for the pass. Funny you dont see defenses loading the box on Brady, Manning, Rodgers, the elite guys

Here is Ben's stats last year vs Playaction. I'm sure you will see the SAME thing this year. Again, HE NEEDS PLAYACTION and does well with it.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/play-action-passing-stats-of-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger/

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How many points do you get for being effective on third down? Its a game of points. Playaction proof below
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/play-action-passing-stats-of-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger/