PDA

View Full Version : Your confidence level against the Bengals.

zulater
12-23-2012, 09:41 AM
So you feeling it? Or scared shitless that the season ends today?

Seven
12-23-2012, 09:43 AM
I think the Steelers will rise to the occasion. Confidence level? Moderately confident I suppose.

GBMelBlount
12-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Who REALLY knows what team is going to show up.

Ironically, the only thing that may help is it is an above .500 team...

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 09:49 AM
So you feeling it? Or scared shitless that the season ends today?

yes,very scared and this is a awful feeling

The only good news......The giants was 7-7 last year....Things can change very quickly in the nfl

zulater
12-23-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm very iffy on this one. I think they can win , maybe even should win. But the way this season is going at best I see this as a coin toss 50-50 proposition. the only reason I go that high is because what would really finish this season out with a flourish is that if we win today but lose to the Browns next week.

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm very iffy on this one. I think they can win , maybe even should win. But the way this season is going at best I see this as a coin toss 50-50 proposition. the only reason I go that high is because what would really finish this season out with a flourish is that if we win today but lose to the Browns next week.

it would be a ******** disgrace if the steelers lose against the browns at home with the season on the line

zulater
12-23-2012, 09:57 AM
it would be a ******** disgrace if the steelers lose against the browns at home with the season on the line

Like it would be a disgrace to lose to the Chargers, the Titans, and the Raiders?

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Like it would be a disgrace to lose to the Chargers, the Titans, and the Raiders?

yes, but the difference is that the season would be on the line against the browns in week 17

zulater
12-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Damn! I was hoping someone would talk me into being more optimistic!

- - - Updated - - -

yes, but the difference is that the season would be on the line against the browns in week 17

But wouldn't that fit this season like a glove?

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 10:02 AM
of course, right now it's a terrible season

worst season since 2006

- - - Updated - - -

But wouldn't that fit this season like a glove?

of course,but I hope it not going to happen

It would be my worst case scenario

GBMelBlount
12-23-2012, 10:05 AM

They should be playing EVERY game like the season is on the line.

polamalubeast
12-23-2012, 10:09 AM

yes...this year is a not good year(awful year for me), but the Steelers still have the chance to make the playoffs

Edman
12-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I have confidence that the Steelers can win. This team can beat anyone.

I also have confidence that a couple will find a way to screw up at the most inopportune moment like last week. Wether it will be Stumblefall, the RB's, The Chump Change Crew or the Special Teams. You know, the usual culprits.

Moose
12-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I did the IFFY thing. We should win, but then again, we should've won 5 other games that we crapped on. I'm concerned with us beating ourselves as usual, the damn fumbles and interceptions......the damn stupid PENALTIES that give the other team ANOTHER TRY. The damn morale busters. Sorry Zu....which I could give you some booster feeling, but this team just doesn't give that to us fans this year.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I have no expectations of the team any longer this season.

Just going to watch and see what happens.

Count Steeler
12-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Fairly. No way to give more confidence in this team. They have not performed any game for a full 60 minutes.

This game answers the questions about the character of the team and the character of certain players.

Shoes
12-23-2012, 10:48 AM

Exactly, Bro! Instead the attitude has been "It's only one game, we take responsibility, we have to get back to the lab, It's December football...etc.... This monster has been lurking for some years now and only real surgery in the off season will cure it.
I'm iffy at best and as I said before Not Making the playoffs would be much better for this teams future than getting slaughtered in the first round.

zulater
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Exactly, Bro! Instead the attitude has been "It's only one game, we take responsibility, we have to get back to the lab, It's December football...etc.... This monster has been lurking for some years now and only real surgery in the off season will cure it.
I'm iffy at best and as I said before Not Making the playoffs would be much better for this teams future than getting slaughtered in the first round.

If the Steelers make the playoffs I don't think they'd get slaughtered in the first round. If they get there they'll be playing with house money and I think if they go in healthy they'd give anyone trouble, Patriots included.

This year's motto seems to be rise to the occasion against good teams and sink to the cesspool with the crumbs.

Moose
12-23-2012, 10:56 AM

I'm with you on EVERY GAME a must win !! I've always said that. When it's just a 16 game season, every game is meaningful and usually the games you lose ( it's only 1 game crap) will come back and haunt you in December.....as it's doing again this year. I hate to see the Steeler's lose, and hopefully they will beat the bungholes today, but maybe they need to sit back and watch in January. ( but I hope not....sure would like to see them pull out a unbelievable finish and #7)

Shoes
12-23-2012, 10:59 AM
If the Steelers make the playoffs I don't think they'd get slaughtered in the first round. If they get there they'll be playing with house money and I think if they go in healthy they'd give anyone trouble, Patriots included.

This year's motto seems to be rise to the occasion against good teams and sink to the cesspool with the crumbs.

I wish I could agree with you Zu.......it's been a very long time since I've been so pessimistic about this team.

Hindes204
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
It's a coin toss...this team is not all that good this year. And I disagree Zu, if we were to play the Patriots in the playoffs, we would get absolutely slaughtered.

zulater
12-23-2012, 11:10 AM
It's a coin toss...this team is not all that good this year. And I disagree Zu, if we were to play the Patriots in the playoffs, we would get absolutely slaughtered.

I just think if Ike and the rest of the DB's are healthy we match up pretty well with them. Cortez Allen took a healthy Gronk out of the game in Pittsburgh last season and I think he could do the same in Gillete. Keenan Lewis and Ike match up well with Welker and Hernandez, and the rest don't scare me.

Football's a game of match ups. I think that's a team that we could challenge if we're at full strength.

But quite likely we wont find out this year regardless. So who knows?

I'd just like to get the chance. They've come into Pittsburgh and killed our playoff dreams more than once. It would be nice to return the favor and go in there and win as big underdogs just once in my life.

zulater
12-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Come on, some one predict a big Steelers win before kickoff! Ity will make me feel better! :chuckle:

Seriously though I'll bet most Bengal fans think they'll win. Which sucks.

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Come on, some one predict a big Steelers win before kickoff! Ity will make me feel better! :chuckle:

Seriously though I'll bet most Bengal fans think they'll win. Which sucks.

cant blame them. theyre hot, and were not. i feel 50/50 as well though

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Bengals are average at best. Our D is looking good. Our offense is laying an egg.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM

You're one of favs Zu...but the Pats beat the Steelers by 20+

ALLD
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Cannot and will not lose this game. You get a George Foreman guarantee with that.

zulater
12-23-2012, 06:52 PM
You're one of favs Zu...but the Pats beat the Steelers by 20+

We;ll never know now! :lol:

Moose
12-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Well, there are those interceptions I mentioned. 10 pts from Ben to bungholes.....Merry Christmas cincy.

BlastFurnace
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
We;ll never know now! :lol:

Play the game on Madden!