PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben puts it all on his big shoulders

zulater
12-22-2012, 11:40 PM
There is no I in Team. If you've heard it once, you've heard it hundreds of times. There is no I in Team.
Or is there?
"I feel like I have to win this game," Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was saying the other day.
"I want to lead these guys. I know they're looking to me to get it done. I want to be that guy for them. I don't want to let them down."
That is a lot of I's.
In this case, that is a good thing.
The Steelers play the Cincinnati Bengals today at Heinz Field. You might have heard it's a big game. Win, and the Steelers have a great opportunity to make the playoffs. Lose, and they fall to 7-8 and are eliminated from the postseason chase.
There is one big reason to like the Steelers.
Roethlisberger.
If you are ranking the Steelers' all-time great competitors, Roethlisberger would be high on the list. "He has a will to win that no one can match," former Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said earlier this season. "He loves playing football. He's as good as there's ever been."
The bigger the game, the better Roethlisberger usually plays. He's 10-4 as a starter in the postseason, a two-time Super Bowl winner. The game today isn't a playoff game, but it is a must-win game. That makes it huge. That should bring out the best in Roethlisberger.
There is another reason to like the Steelers.
What do they say about getting knocked off a horse and wanting to climb right back on?
"I can handle losing," Roethlisberger said. "I can handle being the guy they blame for the loss. What I hate is having to come back in here and look at the guys and feel like I let them down. I hate that feeling. I had it Sunday. I hated it. I can't wait to get rid of it."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/big-ben-puts-it-all-on-his-big-shoulders-667498/#ixzz2FqoM9PL8

Buckinnuts
12-23-2012, 06:37 AM
He ralks about last sunday....yeah he had a interception at the end...but that game is all on the D if you ask me....Ben is a. Hell of a man to shoulder the other players mistakes...true leader

86WARD
12-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Well then I guess we'll see if he's still clutch...right?

steeldawg
12-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Big Ben is the man he is the least of of our worries with this teams.

Moose
12-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Ben is an excemptional QB, no doubt. His toughness to bring down is definitely in our favor. It does seem that Ben is good for at least 1 interception a game, and in the past it has been costly. But his extending plays by running around out of the pocket has also helped us win games. So, I guess over all, he is the man that can make it or break it when the game is on the line. I like our chances with Ben out there driving this team. The trouble right now is there are some major problems with this team that I don't think Ben can fix.

stillers4me
12-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Ben can't cover A.J. Green.
Ben can't sack Andy Dalton.
Ben can't throw the ball and catch it at the same time. And hold on to it.

Just do your job and hope they do theirs.

Heath Miller.

Moose
12-23-2012, 07:50 AM

Heath Miller.

AMEN !!! And that's exactly what it will take.

ALLD
12-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Don't try and do too much or somebody else's job. Stay in your lane, hold onto the ball, stay with your cover. Don't make any turnovers and wee should win, but...

43Hitman
12-23-2012, 09:02 AM

Heath Miller.

Great post! I totally agree.

X-Terminator
12-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Ben is an excemptional QB, no doubt. His toughness to bring down is definitely in our favor. It does seem that Ben is good for at least 1 interception a game, and in the past it has been costly. But his extending plays by running around out of the pocket has also helped us win games. So, I guess over all, he is the man that can make it or break it when the game is on the line. I like our chances with Ben out there driving this team. The trouble right now is there are some major problems with this team that I don't think Ben can fix.

He's thrown just 6 INT this season, so he is not "good for 1 interception per game." Just a clarification - doesn't discredit the rest of your post.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 12:32 PM
He ralks about last sunday....yeah he had a interception at the end...but that game is all on the D if you ask me....Ben is a. Hell of a man to shoulder the other players mistakes...true leader
So your forgive the game losing pick? Incredible

- - - Updated - - -

Ben just overthrew a wide open Wallace AGAIN. We should be up 7-0

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that pick 6 was Heath's fault. SMH

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2012, 03:36 PM
theres no i in team, but theres an i in interception :)

ALLD
12-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Don't try and do too much or somebody else's job. Stay in your lane, hold onto the ball, stay with your cover. Don't make any turnovers and wee should win, but...

The dude threw the game away again.

zulater
12-23-2012, 06:04 PM
"We should be (in the playoffs) if it wasn't for me," Roethlisberger said

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321223023

jb500ex
12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321223023

the choker is right.

Steelreal
12-23-2012, 06:50 PM
I wouldnt call Ben a choker. However, it should be a wake up call for him. He needs to realize that he has to stop relying on his athletic abilty to get by. Now he needs to start relying on his understanding of the game. He needs to let Haley teach him. Be coachable

siss
12-23-2012, 07:59 PM
I think Ben not being a coachable is a fallacy that the media has lead you to believe..but his coaches...current and ex have never ever said he isn't coachable.