PDA

View Full Version : Switch Polamalu to Free Safety. Clark to Strong Safety.

SteelerEmpire
12-22-2012, 09:17 AM
I think the best place for Polamalu would be at "FS" instead of "SS." He's not getting any younger and his injuries are proving it. At that position he could: 1) Hone is already superior ball hawking skills and get more pics for the team and hopefully turn around this "turnover rut" the defense has been dealing with the last couple of years. 2) That will reduce the number of tackles he has to make and reduce the amount of injuries he acquires and extend his career as a result. 3) Since Clark is the hardest hitter of the two anyway AND his body is more durable AND Clark played SS for the Redskins, a switch to SS would be a good fit... just my opinion and what I think makes more sense going forward.
I would do it "at least for a while" to see how it works. In addition, Troy already played the FS position in the past... Also, how many times have you known the Ravens Ed Reed (FS) or our own Ryan Clark (FS), to get hurt ? Me either, not that many at all.

Seven
12-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I like the idea of moving Clark to strong if Troy leaves, but with the pair together I'd rather leave them as is. There really isn't a traditional SS/FS role on this defense as both players take snaps in the box and way off the LOS, so I don't really see what difference it would make at the moment even though I see your point from a general standpoint.

Moose
12-22-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't know, it may be worth a try. Troy definitely has slowed his play, and as SteelerEmpire said, he's not getting any younger and his injuries are getting more often. Even if they try it for a quarter or so and see what happens, it wouldn't take that much to change them back and forth and keep the other team guessing of who's doing what. This team definitely needs something for sure.

cold-hard-steel
12-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Wow, what an outside point of veiw.

- - - Updated - - -

Troy needs to go to an oldfolks home. Unless he has some blood to give. He has been a non-factor.