PDA

View Full Version : Amid distractions, Steelers face rare late-season must-win situation

stillers4me
12-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is sorry. Rashard Mendenhall isn‘t.

The Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/)? They‘re not apologizing for their 7-7 record, if only because they‘re not conceding repentance is yet needed.

Beat the Bengals and Browns and make the playoffs despite losing 11 starters to multiple-game injuries, and the Steelers will make something out of a season seemingly gone astray, receiver Mike Wallace said.

“It‘s definitely disappointing, but we‘re still in the hunt, and we still control our own destiny,” Wallace said Wednesday. “We put ourselves in this position, and obviously we‘re upset with it. But we still have a chance, a very good chance, and I like our team with our backs against the wall. There‘s no other group I‘d rather be with.”........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3147384-74/steelers-bengals-game#ixzz2FdbIw0rr

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I dont think the Ben thing is a distraction at all. I also think we win out and win the SB. Howver, I think that the Steeler players recognize that Mendenhall is the better RB and he is getting a raw deal from Tomlin. Dont know what Tomlins deal is

ALLD
12-20-2012, 05:53 PM
The bigger distraction is going into the street to find bodies to play the secondary this late in the season.

Count Steeler
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I have been hoping that the Steelers turn it around, but the more games they play, I really don't see them being able to turn it around this year. You don't become a leader in 1 week.

I have come to realize the importance of Farrior and Ward to this group of guys. I think Tomlin prepares them to a point, but the last kick would come from the players themselves. And that is what is sorely lacking this year. Maybe the young guys think they are too young, but I can see DeCastro being a leader in the near future. I thought Pouncey would have been more of one, but he seems to have plateaued in that category.

On defense, there are too many quiet guys. I thought Keisel, being the elder statesman with still some game would have stepped up. Harrison, Polamalu and Taylor just don't have that kind of personality. Clark was another one that I thought could emerge as the leader.

Clark and Heath have been the leaders on the field, just by their performances, however, there is that *something* that is missing.

Of course, having said all that, my heart thinks we win out and we will be in New Orleans in Feb. I just can't get my brain to agree.

Moose
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
The bigger distraction is going into the street to find bodies to play the secondary this late in the season.

DITTO

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Steeler Nation wanted Ike gone for years. Careful what you wish for. I'm critical on Ben but I dont want him benched or replaced.