PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Roethlisberger's words just frustration

zulater
12-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Coach Mike Tomlin dismissed Ben Roethlisberger's post-game comments about Todd Haley's play-calling and game plan as frustration, but said he met with the Steelers quarterback anyway to make sure "he's on board with what it is we're doing."

Tomlin said he routinely meets with Roethlisberger on the Monday following a game, but this time the philosophy and execution of Haley's offense was a point of discussion.
"That was a tough, hard-fought football game, an emotional one, and. when you come up short, there are frustrations associated with that," Tomlin said of the Steelers' 27-24 overtime loss in Dallas. "I'm sure if anything was read into his comments, it was just that. I met with Ben yesterday, and he's ready to move forward with this week."
Roethlisberger made several veiled comments after the game that suggested he did not like how the offense either performed or was deployed against the Cowboys.
A lot of attention has been heaped on Roethlisberger's comment that Haley's original play-call on the touchdown pass to Heath Miller at the end of the first half was "not a good call" because of the type of defense the Cowboys showed when Roethlisberger went to the line of scrimmage.
But having a play-call not fit a certain defensive look happens all the time, Tomlin said. Quarterbacks routinely change a play when that happens by calling an audible at the line of scrimmage.
"That happens all the time during the course of football games for us, particularly with a veteran quarterback," Tomlin said. "That's really a non-issue."
Roethlisberger also said the Steelers did not call enough plays to get Miller the ball in the second half. Miller had six catches in the first half, but only one after halftime.
The reality is, the Steelers called nine plays designed for Miller in the second half, but the Cowboys' coverage forced Roethlisberger away from throwing to Miller.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-roethlisbergers-words-just-frustration-666937/#ixzz2FUz42S4n

siss
12-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Yea duhhhhh

Moose
12-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Yea , frustrated you say....LMAO, well Ben, join the crowd !!! Us fans been watching this shit all season !

zulater
12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Over the years I've seen Tom Brady blow up at his OC on the sideline. I've seen the even tempered Kurt Warner and Todd Haley go at it during a game when Haley was the OC there.

I've seen Peyton Manning tear into teammates, refuse to follow his head coaches directive and chase the punting team off the field, throw his offensive line under the bus after getting his ass whooped in a home playoff game.

I've seen Brett Favre keep his team guessing year after year whether he wants to play anymore.

But Big Ben makes a couple throw away comments after a frustrating loss and he's once again the biggest prima donna in league history. The guy just can't win with the press and the public.

If he refuses to talk to anyone again after a game I wouldn't blame him.

X-Terminator
12-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Over the years I've seen Tom Brady blow up at his OC on the sideline. I've seen the even tempered Kurt Warner and Todd Haley go at it during a game when Haley was the OC there.

I've seen Peyton Manning tear into teammates, refuse to follow his head coaches directive and chase the punting team off the field, throw his offensive line under the bus after getting his ass whooped in a home playoff game.

I've seen Brett Favre keep his team guessing year after year whether he wants to play anymore.

But Big Ben makes a couple throw away comments after a frustrating loss and he's once again the biggest prima donna in league history. The guy just can't win with the press and the public.

Let's not forget Aaron Rodgers throwing his coaches under the bus for a failed fake punt on Sunday. Has anyone heard anything else about that? But that's the media for you, especially when it comes to Ben. They create controversy and blow things out of proportion just to get a good story. That's why I barely follow any media anywhere, including the many jackasses in the local Pittsburgh media.

Dwinsgames
12-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Let's not forget Aaron Rodgers throwing his coaches under the bus for a failed fake punt on Sunday. Has anyone heard anything else about that? But that's the media for you, especially when it comes to Ben. They create controversy and blow things out of proportion just to get a good story. That's why I barely follow any media anywhere, including the many jackasses in the local Pittsburgh media.

LMAO just said that in the other thread

XxKnightxX
12-19-2012, 02:12 PM

Rodgers team won the game, that's why its a non factor. We've bee losing and losing and disappointing left and right. The media sees us as weak prey.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

86WARD
12-19-2012, 02:21 PM
If a QB is getting frustrated and not "talking," I'd be more concerned...

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Thats a lie. He got into it with Obrien: Obrien said "Bad Decision Tom" Brady replied "NO SH*T I'M PLAYING LIKE CRAP". You are the biggest Big Ben homer I have ever come across. Did you forget that Ben had the same run in with WIZ AND COWER??

None of the other Qbs have had as many off field incidents as Ben either (It makes a difference to the media). If he refuses to talk after the game he will get fined. If Wallace had said what Ben said WOULD YOU BE ON WALLACES SIDE???

NOPE

Mojouw
12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Thats a lie. He got into it with Obrien: Obrien said "Bad Decision Tom" Brady replied "NO SH*T I'M PLAYING LIKE CRAP". You are the biggest Big Ben homer I have ever come across. Did you forget that Ben had the same run in with WIZ AND COWER??

None of the other Qbs have had as many off field incidents as Ben either (It makes a difference to the media). If he refuses to talk after the game he will get fined. If Wallace had said what Ben said WOULD YOU BE ON WALLACES SIDE???

NOPE

Oh come on. Ben is drama queen for sure, but this is simply getting ridiculous. The media has been flogging the Ben vs. Haley story since two days after the Haley hire was announced. If I had the time, I could link to a # of articles that indicated that there was a "controversy" when there was none. Now after a rough loss, the QB makes some comments about "we" and playcalling and its like the damn world exploded. This is a tempest in a teapot. All smoke and no fire.

Craic
12-20-2012, 12:53 PM

Come on Zu, no one is calling him the biggest prima donna in league history. The press is looking to further the Haley narrative. That's all, we've seen it all year. There's nothing here about the "public" either. As far as not being able to win with the press. Why is that news? The press makes up what they want, predetermines narratives and then looks for ways to prove them, and all around cares more about making a name for themselves than accurately reporting something that happens.

fansince'76
12-20-2012, 01:03 PM

Pretty much. And the same people who constantly flog him over silly shit like this will be the same ones who will sit there and indignantly (and cluelessly) ask "What's HIS problem?" if he takes the "Bradshaw route" and spends his first couple of decades post-retirement flipping a giant bird at the city and the fanbase.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh come on. Ben is drama queen for sure, but this is simply getting ridiculous. The media has been flogging the Ben vs. Haley story since two days after the Haley hire was announced. If I had the time, I could link to a # of articles that indicated that there was a "controversy" when there was none. Now after a rough loss, the QB makes some comments about "we" and playcalling and its like the damn world exploded. This is a tempest in a teapot. All smoke and no fire.

You know this, I know this and so does everyone else. Why didnt Ben know? Ben has been the recipient of bad media so he should have KNOWN better than to say that enlight of the above examples you posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on Zu, no one is calling him the biggest prima donna in league history. The press is looking to further the Haley narrative. That's all, we've seen it all year. There's nothing here about the "public" either. As far as not being able to win with the press. Why is that news? The press makes up what they want, predetermines narratives and then looks for ways to prove them, and all around cares more about making a name for themselves than accurately reporting something that happens.

DING DING DING. Most accurate post

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Again, Haley does not call a single play that his franchise quarterback has not previously approved in a Quarterback meeting.