PDA

View Full Version : Steelers: Another Disheartening Loss

stillers4me
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Wow, another Steeler loss that left me shaking my head. I find it difficult to find something to say at this point. The Steelers looked really out of it in the first quarter and I was glad to see the momentum come back and the team make progress on both sides of the ball in the second quarter. While I don’t specifically “hate” any other team, the Cowboys rank high on my list of dislikes. My ex was a somewhat obnoxious Cowboys fan during our marriage and tried to convert my son toward the dark side. Once he was a teenager, he switched to the Steelers, so I always felt like I got a ‘lick’ in on “America’s Team.” A win would have made my weekend. Instead, I’m looking for positives from the game. And, there are a few. Roethlisberger had a couple of signature moments. One was when he just kept getting away from the defenders and waiting for Heath Miller to get open for the touchdown. He must have held the ball for at least 8 seconds. The other was the 60-yard pass to Wallace – which thankfully he caught. I was also glad to see a couple of sacks for the Steelers, but that wasn’t enough either. At times I was just yelling “Could someone please tackle the guy in white and blue with the star on his helmet? Please?”..........

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/12/17/steelers-another-disheartening-loss/

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Yea, I feel the same way. Sitting here shaking my head. I've done that a lot this season.

I don't know what has happened to our tackling this year. The Steelers D has always been known for their sure tackling but not this season. Some games it seems like we can't tackle anyone.

Dwinsgames
12-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Yea, I feel the same way. Sitting here shaking my head. I've done that a lot this season.

I don't know what has happened to our tackling this year. The Steelers D has always been known for their sure tackling but not this season. Some games it seems like we can't tackle anyone.

if Brown does not fumble we go up by 10 maybe 14 with 6 min or less left in regulation and nothing else matters

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM
if Brown does not fumble we go up by 10 maybe 14 with 6 min or less left in regulation and nothing else matters

Of course and I said the same thing in the Goat thread.

That wasn't what was being discussed here but it is one of the things that leaves me shaking my head.

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Sloppy allowed by a crap coach who is content with that crappy play of his players and who doesn't have the guts to call his team out and who doesn't try to rectify the situation.

Dwinsgames
12-17-2012, 08:54 PM
hey what a new concept to blame everything on the coaches and nothing on the players ...

sure does suck our coaches keep fumbling the dam ball , dropping passes and making penalties ... why the hell don't they get off the field and let the Players play ... oh wait

steel striker
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
It's easy to go on and on about why we lost some of these games Brown's multple fumbles that cost two games the raiders & cowboys. Then the block punt against the titians and, the dreadful turnover game against the browns. I would go to the bad tackling as well but, to me the entire nfl does not know how to tackle anymore. Time to move on we need to more wins to make the dance that is all that matters.

zulater
12-19-2012, 12:19 PM

True, but that doesn't mean the defense couldn't have held them to a fg or less on that possesssion. Nor does it excuse the Steelers taking back to back sacks with a chance to retake the lead around midfield late in the 4th quarter.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2012, 12:33 PM
True, but that doesn't mean the defense couldn't have held them to a fg or less on that possesssion. Nor does it excuse the Steelers taking back to back sacks with a chance to retake the lead around midfield late in the 4th quarter.

lol they did their job considering the top 3 cornerbacks were out by that time. Stopping one of the best receiving corps in the game with your 4th, 5th, and so on cornerbacks against one of the best receiving corps in the game is a match up you win -10 times out of 10. Yet they were able to stall some cowboy drives late in the game, except for that one

zulater
12-19-2012, 12:41 PM
lol they did their job considering the top 3 cornerbacks were out by that time. Stopping one of the best receiving corps in the game with your 4th, 5th, and so on cornerbacks against one of the best receiving corps in the game is a match up you win -10 times out of 10. Yet they were able to stall some cowboy drives late in the game, except for that one

What about the front 7? Did they do their job?

Look I'm all saying is it's wrong to pin the game on one player or one play 3 days after the fact. It's over. We lost because the other team made more plays than us at the end of the day. Now we move on and hopefully beat the Bengals this week.

Dwinsgames
12-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I have a very hard time looking around for people to blame in a loss that easily should have been a win beyond the guy responsible for the turnaround in the game ....

you can blame Larry Foote , you can blame Timmons or the guys playing CB that where walking the streets last week unemployed or whomever you want but when you are in the pos to win the game with 7 min left in regulation and the lead and football and in good field pos to score again after running yet more time off the clock one must believe you get that time somewhere down around 4 min left ( maybe less ) and the lead goes from 7 to 10 or 14 ...it just does not matter the loss is not on anyone you debate on blaming .... it still goes directly on the shoulders of the guy who put you in that situation to potentially and eventually lose that game ... the drive stopper , the game gifter , whatever you want to call him as a goat name #84 Antonio Brown ... we win this game regardless of how well or poorly anyone on the defensive side of the ball performed , regardless of the defensive game plan , regardless of being in their house .... we simply win that game without Browns gaff

just my http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/twocents.gif

zu you say you have a hard time blaming a loss on 1 player 3 days removed form a game .... what if it is 13-7 Steelers with 7 min left and Ben tosses a pick 6 and we lose 14-13 ... is it not squarely on Ben .... he would be the only blame I would see .....

stillers4me
12-19-2012, 12:56 PM
It's been very frustrating watching this team struggle ever since the superbowl loss to the Packers. I think I'll just watch last years Patriots* game every Sunday from now on. It's the only game I thought we really had it together.

zulater
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I have a very hard time looking around for people to blame in a loss that easily should have been a win beyond the guy responsible for the turnaround in the game ....

you can blame Larry Foote , you can blame Timmons or the guys playing CB that where walking the streets last week unemployed or whomever you want but when you are in the pos to win the game with 7 min left in regulation and the lead and football and in good field pos to score again after running yet more time off the clock one must believe you get that time somewhere down around 4 min left ( maybe less ) and the lead goes from 7 to 10 or 14 ...it just does not matter the loss is not on anyone you debate on blaming .... it still goes directly on the shoulders of the guy who put you in that situation to potentially and eventually lose that game ... the drive stopper , the game gifter , whatever you want to call him as a goat name #84 Antonio Brown ... we win this game regardless of how well or poorly anyone on the defensive side of the ball performed , regardless of the defensive game plan , regardless of being in their house .... we simply win that game without Browns gaff

just my http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/twocents.gif

For all anyone knows Ben could have thrown a pick 6 on the next play from scrimmage. Or Dwyer could have fumbled in the back field. Or Haley could have called for a gadget play and Antonio could have thrown an interception. :lol:

It's over now. the Steelers still control their own destiny. Time to stop looking in the rear view and pay attention to what's lies ahead.

Two home wins against teams we've traditioanlly dominated and we can write a new script in the playoffs.

Edman
12-19-2012, 02:24 PM
It's been very frustrating watching this team struggle ever since the superbowl loss to the Packers. I think I'll just watch last years Patriots* game every Sunday from now on. It's the only game I thought we really had it together.

Yeah, I know. It's so frustrating to see the Steelers "struggle" through contending seasons. 12-4 last year and on the verge of contention this year (Though not in the way we imagined).