PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rainey on punt returns?

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
why in the hell is he not back there? Brown needs to focus on being a receiving. Rainey had the fastest 3 cone drill at the combine did he not? Clearly he isnt just straight line speed, but has a lot of small space quickness to offer as well. Kick returns and punt returns are a different ball game but i dont see a reason why rainey wouldnt be great for the punt return game. He barely returned kicks in college and he's still doing great as a kick returner. He barely returned punts in college, but he still took 2 to the house. Yes, admittedly im mentioning this conveniently because of brown's 2 fumbles on punt returns, but i think we kind of wondered about this earlier in the season too

vader29
12-17-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't see why they don't put him back there either, Antonio's fumbles throws out the arguement of being worried about him fumbling because of being a rookie.

Dwinsgames
12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Rainey SHOULD be the every day #1 Punt returner why he is not is anyone's guess

Count Steeler
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Rainey SHOULD be the every day #1 Punt returner why he is not is anyone's guess

I thought that was the talk in pre season. Is THAT why Everest got canned?

If this is Tomlin's decision, it is suspect. Heck put Cotchery back there and fair catch, ala Randle El a couple of seasons ago.

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I thought that was the talk in pre season. Is THAT why Everest got canned?

If this is Tomlin's decision, it is suspect. Heck put Cotchery back there and fair catch, ala Randle El a couple of seasons ago.

Or mewelde moore. Boy, those 2 were our kingpin age of fair catching :lol:

Count Steeler
12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Or mewelde moore. Boy, those 2 were our kingpin age of fair catching :lol:

But they were reliable. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
But they were reliable. :chuckle:

looks like its either reliable fair catching or fumbling punt returns with the occasional explosive play for us. We can never win lol

Count Steeler
12-17-2012, 03:27 PM
looks like its either reliable fair catching or fumbling punt returns with the occasional explosive play for us. We can never win lol

Or fair catch and no flags. Or returns with fumbles or flags.

Devilsdancefloor
12-17-2012, 03:39 PM
i thkk he should be back there returning punts and kickoffs not that he gets to return many kickoffs

steeldawg
12-17-2012, 04:35 PM
lol everyone yells at me brown got his contract because he was such a good return guy and now nobody can understand why hes returning punts? If the contract he got was partially based on him being a returner they would look a little foolish yanking him in his first season after giving him the contract.

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2012, 04:42 PM
lol everyone yells at me brown got his contract because he was such a good return guy and now nobody can understand why hes returning punts? If the contract he got was partially based on him being a returner they would look a little foolish yanking him in his first season after giving him the contract.

how do you know his contract is based on his expectations as a returner?

steeldawg
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
how do you know his contract is based on his expectations as a returner?

I dont but that what was told too me, when i said he was overpaid.

tube517
12-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Or fair catch and no flags. Or returns with fumbles or flags.

This ^^

I never expect anything on punt returns but bad field positions, flags, fumbles, botched PR's and Ben having to pull out a 99 yard drive.

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Might as well use Rainey on punts too. I don't see the point in putting our best WR back there, especially if he's going to make bad decisions.