PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young not to be suspended

Psycho Ward 86
07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
League won't suspend Titans QB Young for strip-club altercation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8195bd75/article/league-wont-suspend-titans-qb-young-for-stripclub-altercation?module=HP_headlines

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young was informed that the NFL will not discipline him for his involvement in a June altercation at a Dallas strip club, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora on Wednesday.

The NFL is expected to make an announcement as early as Thursday, according to The Tennessean, which first reported the news. A league spokesman had no comment Wednesday.

Young received a misdemeanor assault citation after getting into a fight at the strip club and leaving before authorities arrived. Surveillance video footage released by police showed Young charging and attacking someone in a small room in Club Onyx.

Young later apologized to the Titans, his teammates, his family and fans. He also said he hoped NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell would't come down hard on him with a suspension because he owned up to his mistake.

"Just made a mistake, made a mistake even being there and let that guy provoke me into doing what I did," Young said. "Fell into his hands, what he wanted me to do so he could do what he's doing now. At the same time, let my lawyers take care of it."

Young said the person who provoked him made a downward Longhorns sign that was disrespectful to the quarterback, who attended the University of Texas. Young said more went on prior to the incident, but he wouldn't go into any further details. Asked what would happen if he broke his throwing hand with a punch, Young said it wasn't a punch but a push.

(Mike and Vince off the leash scot-free. Haha, funny joke?~Psycho Ward 86)

stillers4me
07-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Well, put on my shock face.

Kittyfish
07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
A citation + video evidence = no suspension. No citation/arrest + no video/credible evidence = six game suspension. Gotcha.

vasteeler
07-29-2010, 10:14 AM
i was really hoping goodell just didnt have it in for the steelers, but now it looks as if he does

X-Terminator
07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Fire Goodell.

salamander
07-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I wish I was gonna be in Latrobe next week when Goodell visits just so I can tell him to go fuck himself.

vader29
07-29-2010, 11:39 AM
I wish I was gonna be in Latrobe next week when Goodell visits just so I can tell him to go fuck himself.

What day is he supposed to be there? :scratchchin:

salamander
07-29-2010, 12:42 PM
What day is he supposed to be there? :scratchchin:

I think Aug. 5th.

steeldevil
07-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Something needs to be done about this before it gets even worse... Goodell is a joke.

Devilsdancefloor
07-29-2010, 04:01 PM
that is a bunch of BS

Shea
07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I believe the reason he wasn't suspended is because Vincent is so stupid.

He's already behind the 8-ball in life, so why pile on?

I'm serious.

Kaeg
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM
In related news: Anyone not named Ben Roethlisberger has suddenly realized that they can do anything they want with no repercussions from the NFL. Mayhem to follow.......

SMR
07-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Fire Goodell.

Wait in line, pal.

BigNastyDefense
07-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Lovely. Goodell now looks more like a chump. Ben Roethlisberger was suspended because of the color of his skin. Goodell didn't want to make himself look like a racist, so the white franchise QB who never gets arrested for anything gets a suspension. Then the black franchise QB who gets caught on video tape hitting someone and gets cited for assault.....no suspension.

I know that sounds really racist, and I am not a racist, I am a realist.

Killer
07-29-2010, 08:33 PM
The Rooneys better be on the phone screaming in Goodell's ear to reduce Ben's suspension to 1-2 games.

stillers4me
07-29-2010, 08:38 PM
They better have some kind of underground tunnel at St. Vincent's to get Goodell out of training camp 'coz it's going to get ugly.

steel striker
07-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Why are we surprised at this Goodell is not consistant with any of his suspensions at all? I thought the player conduct policy stated if any negative light was shined on the NFL shield the player would face some kind of punishment? I guess only if you are not charged with a crime.

SMR
08-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Well, put on my shock face.

:jawdrop2:

SMR
08-01-2010, 09:24 AM
The Rooneys better be on the phone screaming in Goodell's ear to reduce Ben's suspension to 1-2 games.

Ain't gonna happen cuz they're probably on the same team.