PDA

View Full Version : Next Up: Cincy Bengals.

Edman
12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
The Offense came to life, but the Steelers let another one get away from them today, and now they've granted a mediocre Baltimore team a spot in the postseason. They get ransacked at home and they still get a division title at the end of the day. Oh well.

The Playoffs are still in hand, and it's quite a simple scenario. If the Steelers close out the season on a winning note, as in they win out this homestand, they're in the playoffs. Lose this and it's basically over. However I wonder if anyone in that locker room hasn't given up already and just don't give a damn anymore. I know some players don't.

Easier said than done of course. I don't know if this team really wants it. Their confidence and mojo is dead or maybe they just don't care. They just cannot get in a groove. Everyone has taken their turns fucking up each week, not to mention the injuries. Now we're stuck picking guys up off the street for a Defensive Backfield. Not a good thing with red-hot Cincy coming to town.

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 11:11 AM
It will give Steeler fans a chance to see a WR in A.J. Green with heart who conducts himself like a professional, doesn't prance around like an idiot and actually holds onto the football. Maybe the Chump Money Crew can learn something from Green. I am half tempted to say that Cinci will kick the ass of Pittsburgh, but I am sure they will find a heart-breaking way to lose, like always.

Moose
12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I am sure they will find a heart-breaking way to lose.

I'm not sure which team you are talking about with this, bungholes seem to find a way to lose, but the steeler's have been in that groove also. With finding ways to lose against all the bottom feeders. The Steeler's will need to pull all their heads out of the butthole and decide if they want to get in the playoffs. This next game will be the toughest for them. The bungholes are coming in HOT. They have the attitude, desire, motivation, and are playing like a team with a mission. Coaching ? Not so much. Marvin Lewis isn't a top notch coach....between Tomlin and Lewis, Tomlin should win the battle. But I don't see this coming down to a coaching battle. It's going to be down to the player's execution itself. Our CB's have their work cut out for them with Green, Germain, and the Lawform ( 3 name guy LOL). Our WR/RBs are going to have to CATCH and HOLD onto balls to make the plays. Our Defense is going to have to pressure, pressure and pressure the Ginger bread man. Please give A.Brown a book on football fundamentals ! We don't need idiotic plays to decide this game. Special team penalties for example. This game, as is browns game, is very winnable. But so was the Tenn. Oakland, S.D. and Cleve. games.

Dwinsgames
12-17-2012, 12:28 PM
if we see the same Def backfield vs AJ Green and Company and we do not get TONS of pressure vs Dalton ....... its gonna be another disapointment

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
i hope lewis and allen arent hurt horribly bad. a surprise appearance by ike would be great too. I think we'll just have to accept aj green is going to torch the snot out of us and we just have to be able to keep up and bring the game down to the wire to win

steel striker
12-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Well it all comes down to the next two weeks and, which steeler team will show up? The one we have seen this past Sunday in Big D costly turnovers dumb mistakes you can't have. Or the team that laid an egg against the Chargers or maybe the steeler team that can put a complete game together and win out?

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure which team you are talking about with this,

I was talking about Pittsburgh

zulater
12-18-2012, 09:40 AM
It's time to focus foward on to the Bengals.

This is our season right here.

86WARD
12-18-2012, 11:20 AM
It will give Steeler fans a chance to see a WR in A.J. Green with heart who conducts himself like a professional, doesn't prance around like an idiot and actually holds onto the football. Maybe the Chump Money Crew can learn something from Green. I am half tempted to say that Cinci will kick the ass of Pittsburgh, but I am sure they will find a heart-breaking way to lose, like always.

A whole receiving corp with heart...

polamalubeast
12-18-2012, 11:41 AM
The steelers can win against the Bengals......They won the last 5 games against the Bengals and the Steelers have not played a bad game against the Cowboys

The team must stay positive and win against the Bengals!

86WARD
12-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Taylor won't be back this week but Lewis and Allen, according to Tomlin should be dressed and active against the Bengals.

Psycho Ward 86
12-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Taylor won't be back this week but Lewis and Allen, according to Tomlin should be dressed and active against the Bengals.

some what of a relief. what's the word on lewis' injury?

steeldawg
12-18-2012, 05:37 PM
some what of a relief. what's the word on lewis' injury?

dont know but we will need him to cover green

zulater
12-19-2012, 06:33 AM

They already got a perfect example of all that and more in Heath Miller. The wr coach needs to point out to our guys how Heath conducts himself after making a play!

To me these guys need to be told to limit their celebrations to touchdowns and wins. When you get a first down focus on getting back to the huddle and then the next play. Like Heath!

Moose
12-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I just hope our secondary and CBs have their act together. I feel Dalton will be going with alot of hurry up, short passing across the middle. Germain and the Lawfirm ( 3 name guy) is his targets when Green isn't open.