PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Steelers final record.

zulater
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Real easy, and only 3 choices.

7-9

8-8

9-7

My guess 8-8.

I just don't think this team has the focus or talent to win two games straight. Off the top of my head my guess is they'll get beat by the Bengals and beat the Browns in a meaningless game. But it wouldn't surprise me if they went about it the opposite way, and looked good against the Bengals, had everything in their hands going into the final week and then laid the egg against the Browns.

Either way though 8-8. This is a very mediocre team and some major changes are going to have to be made this offseason.

Shoes
12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I agree 8-8.....but 7-9 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Edman
12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
They'll lose next week, then beat Cleveland.

This team isn't beating Cincy and Cleveland back to back, cause when they'll try to beat them, they'll just fuck it up anyway with an untimely fumble or something, oh and dropped passes. Don't forget those dropped passes.

I say Jonathan Dwyer will be the bumbling goat next week.

Count Steeler
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm going to keep the faith. Although, not sure what we are going to do in Denver with Clark on the bench again.

zulater
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM

This team isn't beating Cincy and Cleveland back to back, cause when they'll try to beat them, they'll just fuck it up anyway with a fumble or something.

While I agree you're probably right, the Bengals didn't look earth shattering against the Eagles either.

Shoes
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM

This team isn't beating Cincy and Cleveland back to back, cause when they'll try to beat them, they'll just fuck it up anyway with an untimely fumble or something, oh and dropped passes. Don't forget those dropped passes.

I say Jonathan Dwyer will be the bumbling goat next week.

Maybe not....Mendy might be back.

zulater
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Wow, not even one 7-9 prediction? Lot of black and gold glasses out there! :lol:

st33lersguy
12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
They'll lose a heartbreaker against Cinci then beat Cleveland to worsen their draft position

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
7-9 AJ Green goes wild next week and the team starts backing up the U-Hauls for the last week against the Clowns.

zulater
12-16-2012, 08:58 PM
7-9 AJ Green goes wild next week and the team starts backing up the U-Hauls for the last week against the Clowns.

This team certainly knows hows to lose the close ones. So you're probably right.

SteelGhost
12-16-2012, 09:00 PM
I voted 8-8

Honestly it would be painful to watch this team playing in Denver again :(

It's not that I'm losing the faith in the B&G but the way they are playing leads me to think reallistically.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
This team certainly knows hows to lose the close ones. So you're probably right.

I hope I'm wrong though and the Steelers go on an epic run to the SB and capture number 7. But this thread is intended to be realistic, so I'll stay in that realm. :chuckle:

Devilsdancefloor
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
i have my black and gold shades on 9-7

zulater
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
I voted 8-8

Honestly it would be painful to watch this team playing in Denver again :(

It's not that I'm losing the faith in the B&G but the way they are playing leads me to think reallistically.

If we make the playoffs we probably wont end up in Denver. If tonights game holds up and the Niners beat the Patriots that puts Denver in line for the AFC's second bye. So chances are the 6 seed will end up playing in Gillete.

SteelGhost
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
If we make the playoffs we probably wont end up in Denver. If tonights game holds up and the Niners beat the Patriots that puts Denver in line for the AFC's second bye. So chances are the 6 seed will end up playing in Gillete.

Yep, but the result would be the same : one and done IMHO .... unless the Steelers can find a way to turn the things around this week which seems pretty hard.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Yep, but the result would be the same : one and done IMHO .... unless the Steelers can find a way to turn the things around this week which seems pretty hard.

Nah, you are what you are at this point in the season. I certainly hope they prove me wrong, but I'm just not feeling it with this group this year.

zulater
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM

If Ike Taylor and Cotez allen are both back and up to speed I think we could compete with them.

But I don't think we'll even get there.

Good chance we'll be down our top 3 corners next week, so hard to envision a win against Cincy.

salamander
12-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I said 9-7 but I'm just being overly optimistic. I have to work the next 2 Sundays so I won't get to watch those games anyways.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
9-7. Unabashed homer 'til the end.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
So who's the poster that also voted 7-9?

SteelGhost
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Nah, you are what you are at this point in the season. I certainly hope they prove me wrong, but I'm just not feeling it with this group this year.

I hope it too Hitman

- - - Updated - - -

If Ike Taylor and Cotez allen are both back and up to speed I think we could compete with them.

But I don't think we'll even get there.

Good chance we'll be down our top 3 corners next week, so hard to envision a win against Cincy.

Sadly that is a BIG IF Zu :pout:

BlastFurnace
12-16-2012, 09:43 PM
So who's the poster that also voted 7-9?

Me. I think this team is finished this year.

I thought this team would take a big step back this year before the season began.

tube517
12-16-2012, 10:12 PM
The only thing giving them any kind of chance at 9-7 is playing at home in both games. I think they will win but they will be close squeekers 21-20 type games. Have to keep the 911 on speed dial games.

Dwinsgames
12-16-2012, 10:16 PM
went with 8-8 but not sure we can manage it , this was a big emotional letdown this week I think .. could really effect us next week and with the Bengal having 10 days to ready themselves and the state of our secondary .... it might get real ugly

as a side note I prefer not getting into the playoffs than to get there and be embarrassed in Denver by Manning ( if our secondary's health does not improve and we lose Clark too ... UGH that would be an ugly game )

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 01:33 AM

I can imagine the Steelers against a Patriots offense that erased a 4 TD deficit against the stingy 9ers D in less than a quarter and a half of playing time (in a loss). It will be a replay of the Jets/Pats thanksgiving day game

zulater
12-17-2012, 03:52 AM
I can imagine the Steelers against a Patriots offense that erased a 4 TD deficit against the stingy 9ers D in less than a quarter and a half of playing time (in a loss). It will be a replay of the Jets/Pats thanksgiving day game

I'd give anything to have that chance if I were the Steelers. To go into that building as a decisive underdog would be like playing with house money at this point. And if Ike and Cortez are back by then we can hang with that team, no question in my mind.

X-Terminator
12-17-2012, 07:50 AM
I voted 9-7. The San Diego game aside, it is tough to go against the Steelers at home, especially against a division rival, so I believe they will beat both the Bengals and Browns and get in the playoffs.

steelpride12
12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
If the Steelers can wake up and fix their mistakes which they have not done yet then they have a chance to beat these teams at home, but they have to have the heart and will to win next week against a team who will do all in their power to prepare and attempt to dethrown us at home and take the wildcard spot.

steel9guy
12-17-2012, 10:00 AM
8-8. Wanted to go 9-7 but this is an unpredictable team. Not looking good in the cornerback situation for next week. And the Bengals will probably put everything on the line and be agressive, I don't see this Steelers team playing with everything they are capable on. This is a good talented team but they badly need coaching to teach the fundamentals like penalties and ball control that this team needs.

Moose
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
At the beginning of the season I predicted this team would go 7-9, just because of the new OC, the injuries, the ages and I just didn't have a good, tough feeling about the team and their 'kill' attitude. During the season they did somewhat surprise me with their off the bench players and I thought, " hey, maybe we could swing a good season". But, then Ben went down, Troy hanging on the pine forever, Mendy never dressing, etc... Well, I voted 8-8 now. I think they may win 1 of the remaining, which I can't guess. I can see the bungholes coming in and handing the Steeler's their asses and then beating the browns because no one will have anything to play for. But then I can see the Steeler's coming out and handing the bungholes their asses to make the last game all the meaning. But can the rats' beat the bungholes ?? Terrible year no way around it. The team has been very inconsistent in every game. The team, in my view, never establish themselves as a threat to anyone. The bottom feeders didn't worry about us. Our reputation has changed. The media still ramps and raves about the Steeler's tough team and the tough LeBeau defense...LMAO, I'm still trying to figure what team they are looking at. Our team is mediocre, our defense is here today, gone tomorrow, our special team ....LOL, never mind that waste of thought. I hope with God's will, if ....IF we make the playoffs we make a good show, get the Steeler's act together, and run to #7, but if not....well let's get some good draft picks....CB that can cover and WR/RB that can catch and carry. It's December, this is when the BEST teams come forward and stand out..... how's the black/yellow playing ? Think about it.

NCSteeler
12-17-2012, 10:56 AM
I voted 9-7. The San Diego game aside, it is tough to go against the Steelers at home, especially against a division rival, so I believe they will beat both the Bengals and Browns and get in the playoffs.

I think without Ike, Allen and Lewis it will take a very special game plan to beat Cinci, but it can be done. Lebeau has all week to plan. And I think Browns will be closer than most think, they havn't packed it in yet and will be looking to prove themselves. But this B&G lover say 9-7 and agree with Zu, health Dbs can beat Super Tom

God awful living here in NC, did you see what the Panthers did to SD in SD . Panthers fans, all 3 of them, act like that means they whooped the Steelers. LOL Losers

BlastFurnace
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
I think without Ike, Allen and Lewis it will take a very special game plan to beat Cinci, but it can be done. Lebeau has all week to plan. And I think Browns will be closer than most think, they havn't packed it in yet and will be looking to prove themselves. But this B&G lover say 9-7 and agree with Zu, health Dbs can beat Super Tom

God awful living here in NC, did you see what the Panthers did to SD in SD . Panthers fans, all 3 of them, act like that means they whooped the Steelers. LOL Losers

Just like the master of defense had a week to plan against Rivers a couple weeks ago.

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2012, 04:14 PM
strange as it may sound, the guys on nfl.com heavily favor the steelers to make it into the playoffs over the bengals: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113062/article/andy-daltons-bengals-big-bens-steelers-jostling-in-afc-north

zulater
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
strange as it may sound, the guys on nfl.com heavily favor the steelers to make it into the playoffs over the bengals: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113062/article/andy-daltons-bengals-big-bens-steelers-jostling-in-afc-north

We got two home games against less than great teams that we have a history of dominating. So it's understandable from a national perspective.

But being as we've seen a team through 14 weeks that can't handle prosperity, that can find ways to lose to the absolute bottom feeders of the league, away or at home, as Steeler fans who've watched ever painfull moment of the season it's hard for us to imagine them actually winning a game that matters, let alone two in a row.

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM

You trust the senile LeBeau to put together a coherent game plan to stop Dalton and Green when he looked befuddled against 2 losers in Rivers and Homo? This isn't 2005, LeBeau has lost his edge.

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 05:23 PM
I would think about 9-7 if we had a coach who actually had this prepared every week to play football, so much as half-decent special teams, WRs who knew how to catch, and a play-making defense. Of course if we had all those things, we'd have clinched a spot already

zulater
12-17-2012, 05:34 PM
You trust the senile LeBeau to put together a coherent game plan to stop Dalton and Green when he looked befuddled against 2 losers in Rivers and Homo? This isn't 2005, LeBeau has lost his edge.

Funny, he seemed to stop them fine in Cincy in week 7.

Of course if he doesn't have any able bodied corners I really can't expect much this time though.

steeldawg
12-17-2012, 05:41 PM
It better be 9-7

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd give anything to have that chance if I were the Steelers. To go into that building as a decisive underdog would be like playing with house money at this point. And if Ike and Cortez are back by then we can hang with that team, no question in my mind.

This Steeler team against a team with a coach who always has his team focused, a defense that can make plays, WRs who can catch, a team that rarely, if ever plays down to inferior competition, and a team that is playing at a high level right now, not to mention a QB who has almost always had this team's number? I don't think this team has it in them to be competitive against an elite team like the Patriots

Dwinsgames
12-17-2012, 08:51 PM

here is a quarter please use it to buy yourself a clue ....

TURNOVERS with the Offense caused BOTH of those loses

PRIOR to Yesterday ...
In 6 losses....the Steelers have lost the Turn Over battle 17-4

Only the Broncos and Peyton Manning would still have beaten the Steelers if you take away points after turnovers.

denver 1-1 (lost by 12 Broncos scored 7 points off turnovers

Oakland 2-1 (lost by 3 Raiders scored 10 points off turnovers

Tenn 1-1 (lost by 3 Titans scored 3 points off turnovers and 7 by blocked punt

Balt 3-0 (lost by 3 Ravens scored 6 points off turnovers and 7 by punt return

Brown 8-1 (lost by 7 Browns Scored 17 off turnovers

Chargers 2-0 (lost by 10 Chargers Scored 14 off turnovers

The Steelers have the top ranked defense in the league...# 1 against the pass # 5 against the rush... but yea it is all Dick Lebeaus fault ...give me a fucking break