PDA

View Full Version : Game goats.

zulater
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Antonio Brown.

Big Ben.

Did I forget anyone?

And I'm not counting non NFL players like 35 as a goat.

Count Steeler
12-16-2012, 07:27 PM
AB84, only.

tube517
12-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Antonio Brown

X-Terminator
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Big Ben gets no goat from me. That pick never happens if the true goat, Antonio Brown, doesn't fuck up royally not once...not twice...but three times.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
AB84, only.

This. Ben wouldn't have even thrown the pick in OT if he'd held on to the damn ball, because we would've probably won it in regulation. COMPLETELY took the wind out of our sails.

steeldawg
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
brown, victorian, and our d-line.

zulater
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
AB84, only.

Ben's thrown two games away with last drive interceptions ( Denver loss). He's as big of goat as Brown for this game. Of course Brown's fumble was the play that changed the entire course of the game. Just as his fumble against the Raiders was the game changer that day.

SteelerFanInStl
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Brown gets my goat. I can't blame Victorian too much. He is what he is.

zulater
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
This. Ben wouldn't have even thrown the pick in OT if he'd held on to the damn ball, because we would've probably won it in regulation. COMPLETELY took the wind out of our sails.

That's speculative. the game was still there for the taking and Ben got outguessed and threw the game away.

At least with 84's stupid plays we still had a chance to recover. But Ben's killed us dead as in DOA. How that's not goat worthy I don't know?

ALLD
12-16-2012, 07:34 PM

83, 94 & 92 kept us in the game.

zulater
12-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Brown gets my goat. I can't blame Victorian too much. He is what he is.

True. The defense wasn't great but they were good enough to put us in a position to win despite being undermanned.

The offense had no such excuse. Great field position was squandered multiple times. We didn't score enough points!

Devilsdancefloor
12-16-2012, 07:35 PM
brown get the goat that fumble took the mojo away you could see it on bens face

JayC
12-16-2012, 07:37 PM
easy. brown. i still have a man crush on him but he killed us today with that fumble. if it was the first time i would say okay i can deal with it but he cost us against the raiders late in that game. im disappointed in him just as much as wallace this year.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Brown. This loss is squarely on his shoulders. He botched the last two punts in the game that really set the tone for the ending of that game.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
That's speculative. the game was still there for the taking and Ben got outguessed and threw the game away.

At least with 84's stupid plays we still had a chance to recover. But Ben's killed us dead as in DOA. How that's not goat worthy I don't know?

Maybe. But I sure would have liked to find that out with 10 minutes left on the clock, a 7-point lead and the ball at around our 40, which is where Brown dropped it. Not to mention momentum, which that fumble completely reversed.

Edman
12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
I can't believe anyone is putting this on Ben.

AB84 is wearing the goat horns this game and no one else. Steelers have complete control of the game, and he ruins everything by fucking up the most fundamental thing. Change that '8' to a '1' on his jersey. Nice Neil O'Donnell impression, jackass.

Count Steeler
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Ben is having problems throwing to his right.

While he would have been the hero if he pulled that out in OT, the only reason we were in OT was Browns momentum changer.

86WARD
12-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Brown, Sanders. [/thread].

steel9guy
12-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Goat is Pete74

GoSlash27
12-16-2012, 07:46 PM
This was a tight game and really could have gone either way. My only goat goes to the coaching staff on the defense (and I almost never complain about them). Wrap up and tackle! Football 101. Otherwise, good solid effort all the way around. Even the new kids at CB did a decent job.

HollywoodSteel
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
I can't believe anyone is putting this on Ben.

AB84 is wearing the goat horns this game and no one else. Steelers have complete control of the game, and he ruins everything by fucking up the most fundamental thing. Change that '8' to a '1' on his jersey. Nice Neil O'Donnell impression, jackass.

It depends on how you personally judge players. I can see holding Ben to a higher standard because we need him to make the great plays he makes, and to not screw up either. He had two third and shorts where he threw the ball into the ground when he should have easily completed them. Those two drives could have resulted in TDs.

Dwinsgames
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Antonio Brown.

Big Ben.

Did I forget anyone?

And I'm not counting non NFL players like 35 as a goat.

you got to add in our interior O-line too ... lets face it they played vs the 3rd string NT and both ILBers of the cowboys where 2nd and 3rd string guys and we could not get any push between the tackles in the running game

HollywoodSteel
12-16-2012, 07:49 PM
A lot of guys on defense really sucked at tackling. Lewis made some nice plays but also failed to tackle on others.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Woodley was absolutely horrible. He was getting owned one on one on every play.

dislocatedday
12-16-2012, 07:57 PM
A lot of guys on defense really sucked at tackling. Lewis made some nice plays but also failed to tackle on others.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Woodley was absolutely horrible. He was getting owned one on one on every play.

Woodley may still be hurt, but regardless, I have not seen production out of him this year at any stage that warrants his approximately $11 per year salary. He was absolutely horrible today.

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
just brown. big ben is what kept us in this game. Heck, even our depleted defense was kicking it up late in the game and we still got fucked

stillers4me
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
AB. But I won't hold the grudge against him because he's the kind of player that is beating himself up right now worse than we ever could.

He's a good receiver, he had a bad day, and he'll go out next week and try to redeem himself.

Heath and Ben get the game ball.......Heath for being Heath and Ben for being Ben.

st33lersguy
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
The entire team starting with the brain-dead head coach Mike Momlin and Antonio Clown

zulater
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
AB. But I won't hold the grudge against him because he's the kind of player that is beating himself up right now worse than we ever could.

He's a good receiver, he had a bad day, and he'll go out next week and try to redeem himself.

Heath and Ben get the game ball.......Heath for being Heath and Ben for being Ben.

If you have to give a game ball Heath would be the logical place to go with it.

The fullback had a decent game too. And Suisham, as always is the case this year.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
If you have to give a game ball Heath would be the logical place to go with it.

The fullback had a decent game too. And Suisham, as always is the case this year.
Yeah, Will Johnson had a nice game, heck he's had a really solid season. Nice find.

stillers4me
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
David DeCastro held his own very well for his first start.

steeldawg
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
has anyone else notice that pouncey really has been awful on his shotgun snaps??

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
David DeCastro held his own very well for his first start.

I agree. He did very well, I think he gave up 1 1/2 sacks. Thats not bad at all considering who he was having to face.

Craic
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
I love Brown . . . but I gotta give him a goat. I also have to give Sanders a goat for losing the ball early. WR's have to hold on to it!

Ben - can't give it to him since he's also the main reason we were in the game, but what a bad decision.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. He did very well, I think he gave up 1 1/2 sacks. Thats not bad at all considering who he was having to face.

Yep, and the fact that this was his first NFL reg. season start. (Or was that already said?)

XxKnightxX
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
you got to add in our interior O-line too ... lets face it they played vs the 3rd string NT and both ILBers of the cowboys where 2nd and 3rd string guys and we could not get any push between the tackles in the running game

Sean Lissemore is a beast. He's not gotten his oportunities tough. I've had drinks with him in dumont nj where hs at. Odd that a nyg fan turns to be a player on the cowboy.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Craic
12-16-2012, 08:27 PM
The entire team starting with the brain-dead head coach Mike Momlin and Antonio Clown

Momlin? You know, I think that actually makes you worthy of the ignore list at this point.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I love Brown . . . but I gotta give him a goat. I also have to give Sanders a goat for losing the ball early. WR's have to hold on to it!

Ben - can't give it to him since he's also the main reason we were in the game, but what a bad decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, and the fact that this was his first NFL reg. season start. (Or was that already said?)

Nope. :wink02:

SteelGhost
12-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Easy, the goat is Antonio, he screwed up the lead and changed the momentum :noidea:

However I was more pissed for the PUTRID TACKLING on defense :frusty:

HollywoodSteel
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
just brown. big ben is what kept us in this game. Heck, even our depleted defense was kicking it up late in the game and we still got fucked

True enough, but I don't think you can give superstars a pass just because they made great plays as well. That's what we need them to do to even have a chance. Remember, AB made some really nice plays before his big fumble. He caught an under thrown ball by Ben and then willed himself into the end zone. But that's what he's supposed to do. It doesn't let him off the goat hook. And Ben is supposed to be an over the top magical QB to make the kind of play he did on the TD to Heath. He is also supposed to not throw the ball into the ground TWICE on third and short that could have resulted in TDs that would have won it for us as well. That's before the horrible pick in OT.

Godfather
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Brown. Critical fumble, botched a punt that would have given us decent field position, and ran out of bounds (although the last bonehead play didn't really make a difference...it just showed his head wasn't in the game.)

Craic
12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
True enough, but I don't think you can give superstars a pass just because they made great plays as well. That's what we need them to do to even have a chance. Remember, AB made some really nice plays before his big fumble. He caught an under thrown ball by Ben and then willed himself into the end zone. But that's what he's supposed to do. It doesn't let him off the goat hook. And Ben is supposed to be an over the top magical QB to make the kind of play he did on the TD to Heath. He is also supposed to not throw the ball into the ground TWICE on third and short that could have resulted in TDs that would have won it for us as well. That's before the horrible pick in OT.

The difference tough, at least for me, is that Ben played pretty well the entire game. I can't give a "goat" to a player that makes one mistake. Antonio made more than one tonight. That's why I give him the goat and not Ben.

Steeldude
12-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Big Ben gets no goat from me. That pick never happens if the true goat, Antonio Brown, doesn't fuck up royally not once...not twice...but three times.

That INT isn't why he is a goat. He was off all day.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 09:48 PM
That INT isn't why he is a goat. He was off all day.

I don't expect him to complete every single pass, just like I don't expect the receivers to make every catch. If the guy has one mistake, I'll generally will let it go. Especially when mistakes made by other players had a direct effect on the outcome before Ben was ever put in a position to make said mistake.

Dwinsgames
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't expect him to complete every single pass, just like I don't expect the receivers to make every catch. If the guy has one mistake, I'll generally will let it go. Especially when mistakes made by other players had a direct effect on the outcome before Ben was ever put in a position to make said mistake.

THIS....

see Antonio Brown

Carolina Steelers
12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
AB and Ben i know Brown was worse but anytime u throw a pick and it gets taken to 1/2 yd line in OT thats ball game even with browns mistake we were still in game. If Ben would have taken us down for score hes the hero but he didnt he threw a pick and let the cowboys win goat IMO.

Dwinsgames
12-16-2012, 10:09 PM
AB and Ben i know Brown was worse but anytime u throw a pick and it gets taken to 1/2 yd line in OT thats ball game even with browns mistake we were still in game. If Ben would have taken us down for score hes the hero but he didnt he threw a pick and let the cowboys win goat IMO.

without the AB fumble we go up by at least 10 maybe 14 ...GAME OVER and the INT on Ben never happens ....

again though I have to give a big thumbs down to our interior O-line 1.5 sacks allowed and ZERO running room all game vs the 3rd string NT and 2nd and 3rd string ILB's of the cowboys ...

I realize Decastro was in his first start , I realize Foster was out of pos playing LG but with Pouncey at C no way a 3rd sting NT should be able to manhandle our interior line and he did ....

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
without the AB fumble we go up by at least 10 maybe 14 ...GAME OVER and the INT on Ben never happens ....

again though I have to give a big thumbs down to our interior O-line 1.5 sacks allowed and ZERO running room all game vs the 3rd string NT and 2nd and 3rd string ILB's of the cowboys ...

I realize Decastro was in his first start , I realize Foster was out of pos playing LG but with Pouncey at C no way a 3rd sting NT should be able to manhandle our interior line and he did ....

Pouncey is the guy that has been concerning me lately. I'm not sure if he's trying to do more than one job or what, but he's been caught out of position a lot recently.

Dwinsgames
12-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Pouncey is the guy that has been concerning me lately. I'm not sure if he's trying to do more than one job or what, but he's been caught out of position a lot recently.

if I can bring myself to do it I will rewatch this game and try and see what the problem is , to be quite honest I am not sure I can watch it over ....

will give it a day or two for the sting to ease and see , but as of right now I could delete it and move on

steelreserve
12-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Brown is the goat, hands down. Also C. Brown and Victorian. I know they're backups, but you're in the NFL, you have to be ready to play, and do better than that.

|Honorable mention goat to Sanders and Wallace. For like the fourth or fifth straight game, Miller was the only one who showed up from our receiving corps.

steel striker
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I not going to blame Ben but, I'm sure he would like to have that throw back. Like many has mentioned the Brown fumble change the entire game to the cowboys. It's still another game we could have won. Heck Ben is the reason we were even in that game the way it started.

Pristas
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
The guys assigned to stop the run cost us this game. Linebackers. Watching Murray drive Foote back 13 yards on a stiff-arm should be an eye-opener for Colbert.

You guys who said anything about the offense are full of crap. They put up enough points to win.

Moose
12-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Goat crap....A.Brown, this is disgusting, time after time, damn fumbles, drop passes that could have been TD's.....not doing their damn jobs !!! Like a kicker who can't kick or a passer that can't pass.....these guys have to catch and hold on to the damn balls. Can't go in playoffs with these guys.

GAME BALL...... Heath. Just a class, 100% player.

zulater
12-17-2012, 04:31 PM
The guys assigned to stop the run cost us this game. Linebackers. Watching Murray drive Foote back 13 yards on a stiff-arm should be an eye-opener for Colbert.

You guys who said anything about the offense are full of crap. They put up enough points to win.

Are you serious?

Tell me this, how many teams can lose their top corner, and their 3rd best corner and play two guys who weren't even in the league two weeks ago and hold a potent offense under 30 points in their building?

No one's saying the defense was great. The lack of a pass rush is killing this team. What the hell Troy is doing out there God only knows? I can run to the play 2 seconds after the whistle has blown too.

But still that fumbled punt turned the tide of the game. We come away with a field goal or better there and it's a 10 point lead with only half a quarter to go. Also even after the game was tied we had the ball at midfield and did nothing with the ball. And then we win the overtime coin toos and Ben throws a near pick 6 on 2nd and 4!!!

Effing right the offense deserves the brunt of the blame!

zulater
12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Maybe. But I sure would have liked to find that out with 10 minutes left on the clock, a 7-point lead and the ball at around our 40, which is where Brown dropped it. Not to mention momentum, which that fumble completely reversed.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321216006

With the Steelers leading 24-17 and 10:03 remaining in the game Antonio Brown fumbled a punt at his own 38-yard line, which the Cowboys recovered at the PIT 44 and scored a game-tying touchdown seven plays later. Pittsburgh's win probability, had Brown simply been tackled at the 38, would have been 84.4 percent. Instead their win probability dipped to 72.2 percent following the fumble, and 51.2 percent following the touchdown.

43Hitman
12-17-2012, 07:10 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321216006

With the Steelers leading 24-17 and 10:03 remaining in the game Antonio Brown fumbled a punt at his own 38-yard line, which the Cowboys recovered at the PIT 44 and scored a game-tying touchdown seven plays later. Pittsburgh's win probability, had Brown simply been tackled at the 38, would have been 84.4 percent. Instead their win probability dipped to 72.2 percent following the fumble, and 51.2 percent following the touchdown.

If Brown doesn't fumble that punt we probably eat another 3 to 4 minutes of the clock and get a fg minimum. I really like our chances of a win with a 10 pt lead and 6-7 minutes on the clock.