PDA

View Full Version : 2 more wins.....

polamalubeast
12-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Not a bad game today,even if this is a lost

Now,win the last 2 games at home and they are in the playoffs

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
a tall order, but doable. this bengals game is going to be just as big of a nail biter folks.

steeldevil
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Yep, we control our own destiny. As bad as we have played this year, I am content with that. Most years we would have already been eliminated from the playoffs. So I take the fact that we still control our destiny as a blessing...

Now, hopefully our secondary resembles an NFL level outfit next week. Allen better be back, Lewis better be able to play, and if Ike is back it would be great.

polamalubeast
12-16-2012, 06:59 PM
The giants was 7-7 last year....This season is not over yet

Shoes
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty optimistic.....but it's not going to happen. This team just doesn't have it this year.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty optimistic.....but it's not going to happen. This team just doesn't have it this year.

This. Even if this team does back in, it's going to make a very quick exit. Not our year.

st33lersguy
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Change the title to 2 more games, because that is how many more games we have til this miserable season ends

Heinz Hitman
12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
This. Even if this team does back in, it's going to make a very quick exit. Not our year.

This also.

salamander
12-16-2012, 07:07 PM
I have faith that we can do it, however, if we get in we're probably heading to Denver (or New England, depending on how things play out) and we won't have a snowball's chance in those places.

Shoes
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
I have faith that we can do it, however, if we get in we're probably heading to Denver (or New England, depending on how things play out) and we won't have a snowball's chance in those places.

I'd rather not go there and I don't think we will.....going to Denver or NE would be the mother of all embarrassments.

st33lersguy
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
I have given up on this team.

stillers4me
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
We just handed the Rats their playoff spot.

salamander
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
We just handed the Rats their playoff spot.

Which is sickening.

steel9guy
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I was optimistic last week, this week, nah.

Edman
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM

I had faith in this team, but no longer. I have faith that this team can beat anyone, but I have no faith that this team can be depended on not shooting themselves in the foot. It isn't injuries or that anymore. Way too mistake-prone to be good. Injuries and MISTAKES have fucked this team over.

When Brown fumbled the ball, I wasn't angry, but my heart sank because that's been the story of the season. This team just cannot get out of it's own way worth a damn. Sometimes the most toughest opponent is yourself, and the Steelers cannot overcome themselves. Teams won't beat them, they'll beat themselves.

Week in and out, it's a constant waiting game to see who will fuck up the most with a penalty or a momentum-killing turnover.

Carl1970
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Which is sickening.
My sentiments exactly.
The Gayvens lose another one ane we cant capitalize on their loss.
Brown made some horrible miscues, the O line held up most of the game, but crapped the bed when it counted most.
I had a feeling Ben was going to throw a pick if they managed to escape the last minute of regulation, when they just about gave the Cowgirls the game.
Haleys offense seems hellbent on making sure Ben isnt hit too much, but a first and ten at the 50 and he calls those plays?

If this team manages to look at themselves in the mirror and get a sudden urge of Steeler pride, instead of the embarrassment they have after losses in Tennessee, Oakland, Cleveland and San Diego, perhaps they will win their final two games at home. Playoffs? Dont know what to think. Even though every team starts off 0-0, my confidence is surely shaken to its core.

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Remember folks, the giants were in this same situation last season before they won the superbowl

polamalubeast
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Remember folks, the giants were in this same situation last season before they won the superbowl

same for the packers in 2010

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I had faith in this team, but no longer. I have faith that this team can beat anyone, but I have no faith that this team can be depended on not shooting themselves in the foot. It isn't injuries or that anymore. Way too mistake-prone to be good. Injuries and MISTAKES have fucked this team over.

Not only that, but it's HUGE mistakes at the absolute WORST times. But it's injuries, too. I wouldn't want to go up against Manning here in Denver or Brady in Foxboro with that waste of space Victorian. He's even worse at tackling than he is at covering WRs.

NCSteeler
12-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Looks to me like Lewis has a Groin pull doubt he'll play next week. This team can beat Cinci and Browns, but not much after that if the secondary ain't healed. Ben and the Offense should be carrying this team and all they can do is throw the games away.

BTW, anyone notice a seriously lousy Panthers team WHOOP Ass on the chargers in SD. WTF is wrong with us?

- - - Updated - - -

Not only that, but it's HUGE mistakes at the absolute WORST times. But it's injuries, too. I wouldn't want to go up against Manning here in Denver or Brady in Foxboro with that waste of space Victorian. He's even worse at tackling than he is at covering WRs.

What did we expect from a guy that was Practice Squad, I mean several folks here talked him up, but there was a reason he was only PS and not signed by us or anyone else.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 07:48 PM
What did we expect from a guy that was Practice Squad, I mean several folks here talked him up, but there was a reason he was only PS and not signed by us or anyone else.

Hence why I said it's injuries too.

Edman
12-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Looks to me like Lewis has a Groin pull doubt he'll play next week. This team can beat Cinci and Browns, but not much after that if the secondary ain't healed. Ben and the Offense should be carrying this team and all they can do is throw the games away.

BTW, anyone notice a seriously lousy Panthers team WHOOP Ass on the chargers in SD. WTF is wrong with us?

-Younger cast of players = More bonehead mistakes.
-Lack of Chemistry
-Lack of Experience
-Mediocre Coaching
-Weakening Veterans

That's what wrong with the Steelers.

Devilsdancefloor
12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
what really makes me sick about this all is the fact we can not get out of our own way. It isnt one person it is all of them, when they where a band of brothers they won those close games had 4th quarter come backs, now freaking forget it

Shoes
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
-Lack of Chemistry
-Lack of Experience
-Mediocre Coaching
-Weakening Veterans

Which equals about 9 1/2 toes shot off.....and that my friends means good night.

86WARD
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
In the playoffs for what? To go to Denver and get spanked...again...for a third time? This team isn't running the table in January and February...

polamalubeast
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
In the playoffs for what? To go to Denver and get spanked...again...for a third time? This team isn't running the table in January and February...

for shock the world maybe?!

zulater
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Are you sure we control our own destiny? I thought we could still lose on a 3 way shake if us the Bengals and Jets are all 9-7?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I think it's a lot more likely we end up 7-9 than 9-7.

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Ummm, if we take the same CB's into the game next Sunday as we finished with tonight, then we are in for a long day. AJ Green will run wild in this secondary with the way its playing right now.

steelpride12
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Put it in this perspective: The Bengals are playing with something we are not, Heart. The Steelers are making foolish mistakes, fumbles, penalties all season long that easily could be the reason for a few loses. The lack of heart and will to win is just not there regardless of the playoff picture, while the Bengals who were put down early and all season don't care about what the media or fans say, but have played to their potential, mostly mistake free, and WANT to win and make the playoffs....we don't. It's not their and if it didn't show today when the Ratbirds and Colts both lost and Cincy won, we don't care enough.

BlastFurnace
12-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Ey
Not a bad game today,even if this is a lost

Now,win the last 2 games at home and they are in the playoffs

It's over. Even if they make it in. One and done.

SteelGhost
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM

When Brown fumbled the ball, I wasn't angry, but my heart sank because that's been the story of the season. This team just cannot get out of it's own way worth a damn. Sometimes the most toughest opponent is yourself, and the Steelers cannot overcome themselves. Teams won't beat them, they'll beat themselves.

Week in and out, it's a constant waiting game to see who will fuck up the most with a penalty or a momentum-killing turnover.

This epitomizes the season IMO.

-Lack of Chemistry
-Lack of Experience
-Mediocre Coaching
-Weakening Veterans

I'd add POOR TACKLING on defense

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
-Lack of Chemistry
-Lack of Experience
-Mediocre Coaching
-Weakening Veterans

experience is absolutely not an excuse and we are absolutely not lacking it. The seahawks are the 2nd youngest team in the league and they look phenomenal to me. Even without those 50 point blowouts

steel striker
12-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm still going to be pulling for our guys but, I'm a realist I just don't see us beating the better teams. Even if we make in the dance can you see us beating Denver in Denver without Ryan Clark? or beating the cheats in Foxborgh?

polamalubeast
12-17-2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40mhBE5MpbA

polamalubeast
12-17-2012, 01:08 PM
The steelers can finish first in the AFC north,if they win the last 2 games and the ravens lost the last 2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Dwinsgames
12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I do not know about that ... Ravens would have a better division record and better conference record and head to head is a tie ... how is this scenario even fathomable ?

unless my memory is is worse than originally anticipated

vader29
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I do not know about that ... Ravens would have a better division record and better conference record and head to head is a tie ... how is this scenario even fathomable ?

unless my memory is is worse than originally anticipated

Yeah I thought the division was out of reach with yesterdays loss but that playoff machine does show Pittsburgh getting the division and 4th seed with 2 wins and 2 Raven losses.

polamalubeast
12-18-2012, 11:34 AM
The steelers can make the playoffs with a 8-8 record,if they win vs Bengals and the bengals lost vs ravens in week 17 and the jets win the last 2 games or the dolphins lost one more game

86WARD
12-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Better yet, a trip to Gillette...lol.

polamalubeast
12-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Better yet, a trip to Gillette...lol.

why not!

Carl1970
12-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Its not impossible for the Gayvens to lose their final two. This weekend against the Giants, who will be playing for their playoff lives, will surely be motivated. Then the Gayvens play the Bengals (who will be coming off a loss to us at Heinz Field) and will also be playing for their playoff lives.

After this rocky tumultuous year for the Steelers, it would be surely a blessing in disguise for the season ending scenario to play out like that and give the Steelers the AFC North crown (and the #4 seed).
Not that I am looking too far into the future, but, should that happen, what team would we host in the first playoff round?

- - - Updated - - -

Its not impossible for the Gayvens to lose their final two. This weekend against the Giants, who will be playing for their playoff lives, will surely be motivated. Then the Gayvens play the Bengals (who will be coming off a loss to us at Heinz Field) and will also be playing for their playoff lives.

After this rocky tumultuous year for the Steelers, it would be surely a blessing in disguise for the season ending scenario to play out like that and give the Steelers the AFC North crown (and the #4 seed).

Not that I am looking too far into the future, but, should that happen, what team would we host in the first playoff round?

vader29
12-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Colts or Ravens.