PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller

GBMelBlount
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
What do I love about Heath Miller?

Everything.

He puts on his game face and comes to work EVERY Sunday.

No fuss, no fanfare.

He just gets it done week in an week out.

tube517
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
He's a bad mofo. Period.

Count Steeler
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Probably my MVP right now. He is the guy to emulate. These young receivers have a lot to learn.

Steeldude
12-16-2012, 05:06 PM
I wish the other players would watch and learn.

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
come on NFL world, pro bowl for heath! make it happen!

voting ends soon

vader29
12-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Only one catch and pass thrown his way in the second half. :frusty:

stillers4me
12-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Only one catch and pass thrown his way in the second half. :frusty:
You noticed that, too?

steel9guy
12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Heath better make the pro bowl. He's the bright spot in this terrible year.

Devilsdancefloor
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
the offense fgets into a rhythm when he gets the ball everything seems to work and then poof we stop going to him i dont understand

86WARD
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
ONly player worth a damn right now...

st33lersguy
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
He and Suisham are the only bright spots on this terrible team

Polamalu Princess
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Heath is an unsung hero.

Edman
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Ben and Heath Miller are the heroes of the season.

When a TE is your most dependable receiver, it says a lot about our WR core.

salamander
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
the offense fgets into a rhythm when he gets the ball everything seems to work and then poof we stop going to him i dont understand

That's because the Steelers don't like to stick with what works.

43Hitman
12-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Heath has been an All-Pro his whole career and really happy that he is finally getting a chance to show the NFL what we already knew.

zulater
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I wish the other players would watch and learn.

Me too. Why can't the coaches make a positive example of Heath.? Show that you don't have to celebrate every single catch. That being a pro also means acting like a pro and doing your job selflessly without self aggrandizing.

Dwinsgames
12-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I wish all our Pass Catchers thumped their chest at the same rate Miller thumps his .....

same could be said for the entire team basically , we see so many of these guys thumping their chest and celebrating over the top because they made a play they are paid to make and many times it is nothing special just a routine play ... yet we have to watch all the "LOOK AT ME" antics

steel striker
12-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Heath is the most dependable player on this team and, he has the best hands. Just a complete player!

st33lersguy
12-19-2012, 02:18 PM
same could be said for the entire team basically , we see so many of these guys thumping their chest and celebrating over the top because they made a play they are paid to make and many times it is nothing special just a routine play ... yet we have to watch all the "LOOK AT ME" antics

The loud mouth antics of some on the team reminds me of jerks like Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson who always pranced around like idiots on the field.

Dwinsgames
12-19-2012, 02:23 PM
clearly the " TEAM CULTURE " has changed

Moose
12-19-2012, 05:50 PM
A team full of this guy and we'd be undefeated. A true class act. Gives 100% and never says a word or creates a scene.

Hindes204
12-19-2012, 06:14 PM
My brother owns a construction company in da burgh, did some work in Heaths house. Not only is he a hell of a football player, my brother said he is a hell of a nice guy. He said Heath and his wife were two of the nicest and most humble people he ever met. Not everyday you run into a player of his caliber that is so grateful just to be playing the game.

katmandu
12-19-2012, 09:14 PM
He said Heath and his wife were two of the nicest and most humble people he ever met. Not everyday you run into a player of his caliber that is so grateful just to be playing the game.Heath is a CLASS ACT all the way !

steelerdude15
12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
I absolutely love Heath and everything that he brings to the table. He can do everything; he can block, catch, extend plays, and is a great route runner.

salamander
12-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Been thinking about getting a Heath Miller jersey for a while now... I think it's time to get that jersey.

steelerdude15
12-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Been thinking about getting a Heath Miller jersey for a while now... I think it's time to get that jersey.

I have his home jersey and I love it because many people don't have it.

Seven
12-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Best tight end in the league.

steelerdude15
12-20-2012, 09:53 AM

I love Heath to death, but that comment is a stretch.

Dwinsgames
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
slow post day here today ... but it is clear we all love HEATH

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 11:50 AM
You noticed that, too?

Thats a knock on the Qb, not the OC. Get him the ball Ben! You dont see Brady or Manning waiting for a OC to tell them who to throw to. COVERAGE dictates who is open, not the OC. Romo also habitually hits his TE. Do you think he waits until his number is called? I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

Heath is a STUD. Anyone thats says different is bleeeeep. Heath is also a excellent blocker just a MAN

- - - Updated - - -

This is not a stretch. Heath is better than Gronk because he blocks better. Same with Witten and Graham. Heath is complete like Bisquick

- - - Updated - - -

Better that Gates too for same reasons

Dwinsgames
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
This is not a stretch. Heath is better than Gronk because he blocks better. Same with Witten and Graham. Heath is complete like Bisquick

Just add Football ( instead of water )

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Nice add :drink:

Chidi29
12-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Rob Gronkowski was selected as the top vote getter in the AFC at TE.

Ugh.

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Thats a knock on the Qb, not the OC. Get him the ball Ben! You dont see Brady or Manning waiting for a OC to tell them who to throw to. COVERAGE dictates who is open, not the OC. Romo also habitually hits his TE. Do you think he waits until his number is called? I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

Heath is a STUD. Anyone thats says different is bleeeeep. Heath is also a excellent blocker just a MAN

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

what??? Gronk is an insane blockers. Witten is good too. Shouldnt assume other tight ends with better numbers cant block, just because they have better numbers.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
what??? Gronk is an insane blockers. Witten is good too. Shouldnt assume other tight ends with better numbers cant block, just because they have better numbers.

I dont assume anything. I never said they couldnlt block I said HEATH BLOCKS BETTER and he does. They have better numbers only because they are BOTH the PRIMARY receivers in theri offense. Heath isnt. THATS why they have better numbers.

steelerdude15
12-20-2012, 03:29 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I guess who've never watched Gronk play have you? He is just as good as a blocker and is far more athletic. He's faster, stronger, etc. They both are greater blockers, great at route running, and both can catch, but Gronk has him beat by extending plays better and being more athletic.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 03:37 PM
I guess who've never watched Gronk play have you? He is just as good as a blocker and is far more athletic. He's faster, stronger, etc. They both are greater blockers, great at route running, and both can catch, but Gronk has him beat by extending plays better and being more athletic.

I have a many a post saying Brady is elite etc. So I watch Brady BUT NOT the guys he throws to. Really? Again, HE IS A GOOD BLOCKER but not as good a blocker as Heath. More Athletice? Yes, I agree. Faster? Yes, Stronger? HOW do you measure that? I have no idea who is stronger. Thats your opinion. My opinion is that Heath makes the tougher catch, Heath does the dirty work. Gronk certainly gets more Pub.

Gronk is better and that is YOUR opinion. I'm not mad. Why do you get mad when I differ from your opinion?

43Hitman
12-20-2012, 03:42 PM
I have a many a post saying Brady is elite etc. So I watch Brady BUT NOT the guys he throws to. Really? Again, HE IS A GOOD BLOCKER but not as good a blocker as Heath. More Athletice? Yes, I agree. Faster? Yes, Stronger? HOW do you measure that? I have no idea who is stronger. Thats your opinion. My opinion is that Heath makes the tougher catch, Heath does the dirty work. Gronk certainly gets more Pub.

Gronk is better and that is YOUR opinion. I'm not mad. Why do you get mad when I differ from your opinion?

Why do you automatically assume someone is mad when they don't agree with you?

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Why do you automatically assume someone is mad when they don't agree with you?

If you're not mad then good, I would hate to upset you. I feel better now. Yeah I am concerned about people not agreeing with me, I wouldnt post what I do about Ben if that was the case. Lastly, you can have the party boy who parties the night before the SB and lets his team down (oh im hurt im hurt) Gronk also gets hurt more than Heath.

steeldawg
12-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I love heath miller he is one of my favorite players in the league but if you switched heath and gronk i really dont see heath running wild through secondarys catching tds like gronk does. heath is just not as athletic or as fast as gronk is. It boild down too what kind of offense do you want to run, and that will tell you what TE you want. If you want a guy who make a tough catch but doesnt mind being left into block most of the time you take heath, if you want a pass catching td scoring machine you take gronk.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 05:31 PM
I love heath miller he is one of my favorite players in the league but if you switched heath and gronk i really dont see heath running wild through secondarys catching tds like gronk does. heath is just not as athletic or as fast as gronk is. It boild down too what kind of offense do you want to run, and that will tell you what TE you want. If you want a guy who make a tough catch but doesnt mind being left into block most of the time you take heath, if you want a pass catching td scoring machine you take gronk.

If you put Heath with Brady and Gronk on The Steelers where he is FOURTH option, You would see that Heath Miller is a household name. I have acknowledged that Heath isnt as fast OR as athletic.

steelerdude15
12-20-2012, 05:52 PM

Who said I was getting angry? Where in that post does it convey anger? When it comes to strength, you rarely see Heath break a tackle. He is usually brought down when he gets hit for the first time as opposed to Gronk who breaks tackles quite a bit. The stronger you are, the easier it is to break through tackles. That is just one way of comparing their strength against one another.

steeldawg
12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
If you put Heath with Brady and Gronk on The Steelers where he is FOURTH option, You would see that Heath Miller is a household name. I have acknowledged that Heath isnt as fast OR as athletic.

I dont think he would because hes not the right type of te for their offense, gronk could easily come in a be a check down receiver beating linebackers, but i dont think heath could be a number 1 and beat cornerbacks on a regular basis like gronk. Im not knocking heath its just the 2 skill sets are different.

SteelMayhem72
12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
clearly the " TEAM CULTURE " has changed

You are absolutely right...lack of leadership...Ben is a good leader but it starts with the coaches....sit these prima donna wr's down and get in their ass and be team players!!!! This is NOT the steeler way!!!

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Who said I was getting angry? Where in that post does it convey anger? When it comes to strength, you rarely see Heath break a tackle. He is usually brought down when he gets hit for the first time as opposed to Gronk who breaks tackles quite a bit. The stronger you are, the easier it is to break through tackles. That is just one way of comparing their strength against one another.

Glad you're not angry, no harm meant here. Barry Sanders,Oj Simpson, Desean Jackson, Devin Hester are just a few guys who broke tackles without being physically strong. I would argue that heath has a higher bench press than Gronk. Gronk has long arms like I do and its harder. He also
missed the entire 2009 season after back surgery and missed three games in 2008 AND THE SUPER BOWL. I 'll take DURABLE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think he would because hes not the right type of te for their offense, gronk could easily come in a be a check down receiver beating linebackers, but i dont think heath could be a number 1 and beat cornerbacks on a regular basis like gronk. Im not knocking heath its just the 2 skill sets are different.
Gronk beats corners on the regular? Footage please

- - - Updated - - -

You are absolutely right...lack of leadership...Ben is a good leader but it starts with the coaches....sit these prima donna wr's down and get in their ass and be team players!!!! This is NOT the steeler way!!!

See this kind of critcism is BIASED as heck. THERE IS NO BIGGER PRIMA DONNA Than Ben. Are you serious? Who is in the media today for throwing their coaches under the bus? Who was in the media apologizing how many times now? Come on lol

Seven
12-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Gronk is a monster. If I had to choose between the two, I'd take Heath over him as a matter of preference but Gronkowski is a great all around player, too.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
I should start a thread titled "Tomlin sux" and watch you guys clammor to disagree with me lol

- - - Updated - - -

Gronk is a monster. If I had to choose between the two, I'd take Heath over him as a matter of preference but Gronkowski is a great all around player, too.

Well said.

Count Steeler
12-20-2012, 06:37 PM

And he knows how to party!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN7TXFqkuyvnJjz3-N6NPG7Ws4sq_3IU0GwkYH7QdN5eo88oMENCKOal49

Seven
12-20-2012, 06:41 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN7TXFqkuyvnJjz3-N6NPG7Ws4sq_3IU0GwkYH7QdN5eo88oMENCKOal49

:lol: I can't blame the guy for having fun, he's Gronk - he can pretty much do whatever he wants right now. As far as I can tell he hasn't gotten a DUI or domestic violence charge or anything, so as far as I'm concerned the guy should keep enjoying the perks. I know I would be.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 06:41 PM

This is true.

steeldawg
12-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Glad you're not angry, no harm meant here. Barry Sanders,Oj Simpson, Desean Jackson, Devin Hester are just a few guys who broke tackles without being physically strong. I would argue that heath has a higher bench press than Gronk. Gronk has long arms like I do and its harder. He also
missed the entire 2009 season after back surgery and missed three games in 2008 AND THE SUPER BOWL. I 'll take DURABLE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH

- - - Updated - - -

Gronk beats corners on the regular? Footage please

- - - Updated - - -

See this kind of critcism is BIASED as heck. THERE IS NO BIGGER PRIMA DONNA Than Ben. Are you serious? Who is in the media today for throwing their coaches under the bus? Who was in the media apologizing how many times now? Come on lol

Teams do not man up gronkowski with linebackers they cant unless they want to get killed. Its either a nickel corner or the lbs carry him to the safeties, or they just shadow him with a safety. This is not the case with heath miller. linebackers can run with miller.

Count Steeler
12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't think I have ever seen Heath use a straight arm on a tackler. Not to say he hasn't but, it is not common. He just protects the ball and barrels forward.

Seven
12-20-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't think I have ever seen Heath use a straight arm on a tackler. Not to say he hasn't but, it is not common. He just protects the ball and barrels forward.

http://gridironfans.com/forums/attachments/latest-nfl-headlines/29806d1322323030-heath-miller-set-break-steelers-te-record-1_09000d5d804157c0_gallery_600.jpg

:chuckle: It happens, but not often.

43Hitman
12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
http://gridironfans.com/forums/attachments/latest-nfl-headlines/29806d1322323030-heath-miller-set-break-steelers-te-record-1_09000d5d804157c0_gallery_600.jpg

:chuckle: It happens, but not often.

Man that pic just makes me smile. Thanks for making my night Seven. :drink: are on me.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Teams do not man up gronkowski with linebackers they cant unless they want to get killed. Its either a nickel corner or the lbs carry him to the safeties, or they just shadow him with a safety. This is not the case with heath miller. linebackers can run with miller.

Teams seldom use a LB on a Tight End anyways. Its habitually the SS or FS. When Gronk scored on us (Gay) we were in a zone. Brady read it, overloaded the zone. We had to check into man, Brady read the mismatch and exposed it. Its EASY to look good with a cerebral quarterback like Brady. Just ask Welker, Branch, Ben Watson and all of the bargain receiver he made look fantastic. A LOT of Gronk's success has to do with Brady. Ben has proven this week that he needs a coach to call a play in order for him to throw to his TE

Seven
12-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Man that pic just makes me smile. Thanks for making my night Seven. :drink: are on me.

Haha glad you enjoyed it buddy, one of my favorite pictures of him.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Just watched that special on Gronk on ESPN with Jeremy Schaap (sp?). This dude is the prototypical DUMB jock. Talk about duuuuuuuuuuh

salamander
12-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Gronk and Heath are both great TE's but the Steelers fan in me would take Heath any day.

Plus HEEEAAATTTHHHH sounds much better than Gronk :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Just watched that special on Gronk on ESPN with Jeremy Schaap (sp?). This dude is the prototypical DUMB jock. Talk about duuuuuuuuuuh

he's not paid to talk, he's paid to play football. he only put up the best season by a tight end ever at the old age of 22.

Seven
12-20-2012, 07:56 PM

I like Gronk. He's an idiot but at least he knows it. He has openly acknowledged that "we (the brothers Gronk) work out so we can get girls". Haha.

Steelreal
12-20-2012, 08:14 PM
I like Gronk too, just not much as Heath. And its never a good thing to be stupid. Yes he has lofty stats but so does TO and he gets killed for his off field antics.

So did Buddy Ryan, Rex Ryan, Jim Mcmahon and Jerry Glanville

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2012, 09:13 PM
And its never a good thing to be stupid. Yes he has lofty stats but so does TO and he gets killed for his off field antics.

he can be dumb as he wants. clearly, his football acumen is very high and he's bright enough to stay out of trouble off the field. What off the field antics?

zulater
12-22-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't want to come across as a homer, and I also don't want to disparage Gronk in any way as a player either. Because I think he's a great tight end. But I wouldn't trade Heath for him or anyone else in the league. That's not to say Heath is the best tight end in the league. ( not saying he isn't either) but he's certainly the best for this team.

Maybe that's a cop out? I don't know or care. But who the hell really does know? I mean if Gronk was a Steeler do you really think he's catching 18 touchdown passes in a season? And conversly if Heath was a Patriot anyone care to claim he couldn't approach Gronk type production in that offense?

Gronk might be a beast, but Heath isn't far behind as a physical speciman. I mean really what doesn't Heath have that a tight end needs?

And second; Heath is a team leader by example, on and off the field.

In the end I'll take Heath, and you can call me a homer all you like.

Steelreal
12-22-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't want to come across as a homer, and I also don't want to disparage Gronk in any way as a player either. Because I think he's a great tight end. But I wouldn't trade Heath for him or anyone else in the league. That's not to say Heath is the best tight end in the league. ( not saying he isn't either) but he's certainly the best for this team.

Maybe that's a cop out? I don't know or care. But who the hell really does know? I mean if Gronk was a Steeler do you really think he's catching 18 touchdown passes in a season? And conversly if Heath was a Patriot anyone care to claim he couldn't approach Gronk type production in that offense?

Gronk might be a beast, but Heath isn't far behind as a physical speciman. I mean really what doesn't Heath have that a tight end needs?

I agree. Most excellent post

Heinz Hitman
12-23-2012, 04:49 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Heath should get MVP for us this year no doubt.