PDA

View Full Version : Steel Resolve: Baron Batch's Story

fansince'76
12-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Steel Resolve

by Aditi Kinkhabwala/NFL.com & NFL Network

Baron Batch plays football, creates art and makes a mean salsa. But life wasn’t always as stress-free for the burgeoning renaissance man, who worked his way through an impossible childhood to become a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Read more: Steel Resolve (http://www.nfl.com/qs/baron/index.jsp?module=HP11_content_stream)

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Just got done reading, about to watch the videos. Great great stuff. Not trying to be an ass but its strange that a player almost no one knows about around the league is the centrifugal point of an article on NFL.com. Is this the 1st article of its kind on nfl.com or something?

fansince'76
12-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Just got done reading, about to watch the videos. Great great stuff. Not trying to be an ass but its strange that a player almost no one knows about around the league is the centrifugal point of an article on NFL.com. Is this the 1st article of its kind on nfl.com or something?

Agreed - it's a great story. Don't know if NFL.com has ever done anything like that for another player - I've never seen one if they have. I'm guessing because Batch's story is so compelling, they decided to do a special feature on him. I'm sure his mom is proud of all of them, because his siblings all seem to be doing very well for themselves too. I also hope they all fully reconcile with their father as well.

Devilsdancefloor
12-15-2012, 07:44 PM
great article im pulling for his every down HOF back too, you really cant deep down you gotta scream HAVE FAITH baron!

cold-hard-steel
12-15-2012, 08:07 PM
We all need something or someone to beleive in .

stillers4me
12-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Very nice writeup. What they don't mention is that Baron is also a phenomenal photographer, as well.

Seven
12-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know what team tried to sign him after he was waived and why they weren't able to?

Moose
12-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Awesome read !! Thanks for sharing fansince76 !! Sounds like a great kid, hope he makes it in the Steeler's org.. Definitely sounds like he has his head on straight and appreciates the good things in life and his family. Baron, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!

GBMelBlount
12-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Love Baron Batch.

Hope he starts making a little more Salsa on the field.