PDA

View Full Version : Steelers secondary concerns turn into prime issue

SteelerEmpire
12-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Welp. Looks like the "offense" will have to win this game for us... smh...

------------

By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Under normal circumstances, Steelers safety Ryan Clark said he would have taken a couple of days off this week to rest his sore midsection.

But the Steelers secondary has been ravaged by injuries recently, and Clark said Thursday he felt like he had to practice because the young cornerbacks who will play Sunday against Dallas needed guidance as they prepared to face the Cowboys.

LINK: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-secondary-concerns-turn-into-prime-issue-666411/

Devilsdancefloor
12-15-2012, 12:24 PM
brown really scares me if he has to play sad to say i have more confidence in victorian and golden than brown.

Steeldude
12-15-2012, 11:40 PM
brown really scares me if he has to play sad to say i have more confidence in victorian and golden than brown.

Ditto. Brown looks awkward out there

stillers4me
12-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Under normal circumstances, Steelers safety Ryan Clark said he would have taken a couple of days off this week to rest his sore midsection.

But the Steelers secondary has been ravaged by injuries recently, and Clark said Thursday he felt like he had to practice because the young cornerbacks who will play Sunday against Dallas needed guidance as they prepared to face the Cowboys.

Josh Victorian and Robert Golden are not household names, even among the most die-hard of Steelers fans, but they will be on center stage against quarterback Tony Romo and wider receiver Dez Bryant because two of the team's top three cornerbacks are injured.

The Steelers will be without starting cornerback Ike Taylor for a second consecutive week because of a leg injury. Cortez Allen, his replacement, likely will miss the game because of a groin injury. Allen did not practice all week and is listed as doubtful...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-secondary-concerns-turn-into-prime-issue-666411/#ixzz2FEES9nrq

katmandu
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Josh Victorian and Robert Golden are not household names, even among the most die-hard of Steelers fans, but they will be on center stage against quarterback Tony Romo and wider receiver Dez Bryant because two of the team's top three cornerbacks are injured.Considering the circumstances with all the injuires in our secondary, I think they held up pretty well under pressure.

They're going to be a good crew down the road.

tube517
12-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Considering the circumstances with all the injuires in our secondary, I think they held up pretty well under pressure.

Yeah, the did what they could do. Not their fault their teammate can't secure the ball on a punt return.

SteelerFanInStl
12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Considering the circumstances with all the injuires in our secondary, I think they held up pretty well under pressure.

I wish that I had your faith in them because I haven't seen anything that would make me optimistic.

cold-hard-steel
12-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Maybe we can start putting some wide receivers at the corner position. Someone who can go after the ball. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Dwinsgames
12-18-2012, 11:08 AM
don't look now but we have just became even more " PEDESTRIAN " signing a local kid off the streets that has been cut in his 2 former cities

CB Justin King

tube517
12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Justin Vincent?