PDA

View Full Version : Josh Victorian

GoSlash27
12-13-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Josh-Victorian-Interview---1213/30f48fec-5609-40e6-b909-97a1694b969f
http://www.nfl.com/player/joshvictorian/2530609/gamelogs
What do you folks think? Is he ready for prime-time, or is he gonna get torched?

Dwinsgames
12-13-2012, 02:53 PM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Josh-Victorian-Interview---1213/30f48fec-5609-40e6-b909-97a1694b969f
http://www.nfl.com/player/joshvictorian/2530609/gamelogs
What do you folks think? Is he ready for prime-time, or is he gonna get torched?

to soon to tell but chances are he will at least to some degree if for no other reason he is going up again guys with exp and he lacks exp himself ...

as a side note seems like a pretty decent guy who has his head on straight ... hard not to root for a guy like that

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2012, 03:15 PM
imo if you dont instantly think he's going to get lit the fuck up, then you are severely underestimating bryant, austin, and witten

Dwinsgames
12-13-2012, 03:34 PM
imo if you dont instantly think he's going to get lit the fuck up, then you are severely underestimating bryant, austin, and witten

come on man !!

I am trying very hard to not look like a guy who is saying .... THE SKY IS FALLING ....

even though it very well may be .............

one has to admit we have thrown this season away to this point and if we do not do some things dramatically different we will have in fact blown an opportunity ( we had a soft schedule ) and with all the talent on this team we still sit at 7-6 and are in must win mode to stay alive when we should be able to back in to the playoffs based on our prior schedule alone

GoSlash27
12-13-2012, 04:53 PM
come on man !!

I am trying very hard to not look like a guy who is saying .... THE SKY IS FALLING ....

even though it very well may be .............

one has to admit we have thrown this season away to this point and if we do not do some things dramatically different we will have in fact blown an opportunity ( we had a soft schedule ) and with all the talent on this team we still sit at 7-6 and are in must win mode to stay alive when we should be able to back in to the playoffs based on our prior schedule alone

Hey, it is what it is. That's life in the National Football league.
:tomlinism:

We threw away some games that we shouldn't have, and as a result we're in a bind we shouldn't be in. Kinda hard to blame people for being negative given the situation.
I'm just curious about where people stand on this Victorian kid. I honestly don't know. I'm pulling for him, but it's kinda hard to picture him not getting burned at least a few times.

43Hitman
12-13-2012, 07:47 PM
He was on the practice squad for a reason, so color me concerned. However, I'm holding out hope that he can play above the line. :tomlinism:

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2012, 07:52 PM
a pro bowl wide receiver, all-pro tight end, and a soon-to-be all-pro receiver. yup, victorians about to get a rude awakening. Hopefully ben can give the cowboys an even ruder awakening because thats the only way were winning imo

steelreserve
12-14-2012, 12:35 AM
He kind of sucked when he got thrown in there against SD, so naturally you'd expect him to struggle.

Of course, these are also exactly the kinds of situations where you get a guy who inexplicably steps up from right the fuck out of nowhere and outplays an All-Pro, so that's what I'm hoping for. Keeping my fingers crossed. We could see just about anything. Though the odds are probably not in our favor.

LLT
12-14-2012, 04:25 AM
He was on the practice squad for a reason, so color me concerned. However, I'm holding out hope that he can play above the line. :tomlinism:

You're right on all accounts...but He was a player that impressed in the preseason. Myself and several others thought that he might actually make the 53 man roster. That being said....he is going to play like someone who is a rook....at the beginning of their first season.

He may look lost for a game or two...but that doesnt mean he can't be a good player at some point.

43Hitman
12-14-2012, 07:07 AM
You're right on all accounts...but He was a player that impressed in the preseason. Myself and several others thought that he might actually make the 53 man roster. That being said....he is going to play like someone who is a rook....at the beginning of their first season.

He may look lost for a game or two...but that doesnt mean he can't be a good player at some point.

I've got faith that the coaches kept him around because they saw something in him. I don't really remember him in preseason(the guy that stood out to me was Golden), but I'm certainly going to be rooting for him to play lights out. :tt02::tt02:

86WARD
12-14-2012, 07:12 AM
a pro bowl wide receiver, all-pro tight end, and a soon-to-be all-pro receiver. yup, victorians about to get a rude awakening. Hopefully ben can give the cowboys an even ruder awakening because thats the only way were winning imo

QFT