PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers

stillers4me
12-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Coach Mike Tomlin will have to do more than juggle his offensive line for Sunday's game in Dallas; he will have to do much the same with his secondary because of the possibility of losing another cornerback.

Guard Willie Colon, who aggravated a left knee injury against the San Diego Chargers, had surgery Monday and will miss at least the next two games and probably the rest of the regular season.

Tomlin said they will wait to see how Colon's knee responds to the surgery before making a determination if he can play again this season.

Also, cornerback Cortez Allen, who has replaced injured starter Ike Taylor, has a hip flexor injury that Tomlin said could keep him out of the game against the Cowboys. Taylor will miss his second game in a row with a hairline fracture of his right ankle..............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-outlines-more-injuries-to-steelers-665884/#ixzz2EmwQfwWT

salamander
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I've honestly lost track of all the injuries we've suffered this season.

Count Steeler
12-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I've honestly lost track of all the injuries we've suffered this season.

That will be our contest next year, name the Steeler(s) that will play in every game of the regular season. Talk about a true Survivor game.

Dwinsgames
12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
lots of injuries but only 3 guys on IR ... Packers 2010 squad that beat us in the SB had 16 players on IR that season if that puts this into perspective any

vader29
12-11-2012, 05:38 PM
That will be our contest next year, name the Steeler(s) that will play in every game of the regular season. Talk about a true Survivor game.

I'll take Sushi!

Dwinsgames
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I'll take Sushi!

Foster, Butler, Foote , Timmons , Johnson . Miller , Wallace , ( of the starters , lots of backups have played in every game )

steeldawg
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
cortez allen out too wow whos playing in our secondary?

Dwinsgames
12-11-2012, 05:57 PM

I did not hear him say out .. I heard him say limited the first part of the week ...

has something changed since then ?

Count Steeler
12-11-2012, 05:58 PM

The fearful: Curtis Brown, Josh Victorian and Van Dyke.

What's that slobbering sound coming out of Texas? Oh, the Cowboy's WR are just licking their chops.

steeldawg
12-11-2012, 06:07 PM
The fearful: Curtis Brown, Josh Victorian and Van Dyke.

What's that slobbering sound coming out of Texas? Oh, the Cowboy's WR are just licking their chops.

At least dez bryant is out is about all i can say about that.

Dwinsgames
12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
At least dez bryant is out is about all i can say about that.

oh no he is not ... least according to him he is not

salamander
12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
oh no he is not ... least according to him he is not

Yepp... I haven't seen anything that has him "officially" out just yet.

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Welp. Get ready for a shoot out. That's assuming were able to score.

Heinz Hitman
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Wonder what Chad Scott and Dewayne Washington are doing this Sunday?

XxKnightxX
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM

I heard hank poteat is around s well

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Count Steeler
12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Heard William Gay is not playing for any "real" NFL team this week. :chuckle: Seattle 58 Arizona 0. So much for the 4-0 start.

Wonder if we will see Golden on the field this week. Got to give the kid some reps.

tube517
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM

I'd rather put a piece of burnt toast out there.

Steeldude
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Years ago I brought up the conditioning coach because of so many injuries. Does anyone think he could be related to the problem or is just bad luck?

Count Steeler
12-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Years ago I brought up the conditioning coach because of so many injuries. Does anyone think he could be related to the problem or is just bad luck?

I have to wonder why Dwyer is only good for 2 plays, when we are 13 games into the season. It is one to thing to get gassed in TC, but how can any Steeler be that out of shape, this late in the season. Woodley is another one, STRETCH man, STRETCH.

I think the lack of padded practices are contributing to the injuries as well.

Steeldude
12-12-2012, 06:17 AM
I have to wonder why Dwyer is only good for 2 plays, when we are 13 games into the season. It is one to thing to get gassed in TC, but how can any Steeler be that out of shape, this late in the season. Woodley is another one, STRETCH man, STRETCH.

I think the lack of padded practices are contributing to the injuries as well.

I wonder if he doesn't breathe properly? Didn't Parker have that problem? He would hold his breath when running? I can't remember.

Just remember, these fragile guys can practice too much, according to Goodell. There has got to be some rule where the owners can oust that moron? He is ruining football.

X-Terminator
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
I wonder if he doesn't breathe properly? Didn't Parker have that problem? He would hold his breath when running? I can't remember.

Just remember, these fragile guys can practice too much, according to Goodell. There has got to be some rule where the owners can oust that moron? He is ruining football.

You should really be pointing your finger at the NFLPA for that, because they were the ones who pushed for those changes before the last CBA expired and expanded in the current CBA, along with changes to mini-camps and OTAs. Mike Tomlin was one of the coaches criticized for his tough practices in his first season as head coach, along with several others. I agree with Count Steeler that this has been a contributor to the injury problems not just with the Steelers, but all over the league. But mainly it's been bad luck. Knee injuries, ankle injuries, shoulder injuries and hairline fractures are generally not due to lack of conditioning.

katmandu
12-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I've honestly lost track of all the injuries we've suffered this season.AND last season too.