PDA

View Full Version : Next up: Dallas Cowboys.

Edman
12-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Welp, as we all know Sunday was a complete waste of time. The Chargers went into Sunday 0-14 overall in the regular season in Pittsburgh. They were going to win one eventually. No use sitting here pouting and crying. If you want to jump off, go on ahead. Season's not over yet. It wasn't over when they beat Baltimore and it isn't over after this game.

Let's be honest here, Would you rather be a perpetually frustrated Charger Fan or a Steeler fan who has experienced a ton of success? The Chargers aren't going anywhere and they run the risk of staying with incompetent Norvie for another year. So, they still lose.

On to Dallas. The thing about losses like this is that fans are very quick to decry the team as terrible and can't beat anyone, when it was only one game. If you honestly expect the Steelers to get manhandled this badly by Dallas, you're mistaken. The same goes when the Steelers have an impressive win. It was a bad game. Ben was rusty and there was plenty of mistakes. It's not like this hasn't happened before. This team will put a much better effort for the upcoming weeks that no one will care about this game.

Moose
12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Edman I do like your thinking and positive attitude. My thinking is that I'm NOT going with the bull crap of Ben being 'rusty' and the 'mistakes' shit. The Chargers are a crap team, bottom feeders, just as Tenn., Oakland, Cleveland and KC who almost got us. I agree, the season isn't quite over for us yet, we still have 3 more games to hold our breath on. This team is needing alot of work....from coaching down. For some reason there is a major attitude malfunction going on. The team Sunday looked dead from the get go. NO attitude, NO desire, NO kill and NO win in their heart. Just like they didn't want to be there. Just go thru the motion. Tomlin didn't have them pumped, so to speak. Ben has been throwing all week, he's a pro dammit, a franchise man, how much time does he have to have to throw the damn ball. The WRs should know what to do. The tackles and special teams should know what is allowed and not....penalties are RIDICULOUS !!! Week after week you never know how this team is going to perform. Easy teams ??? There is no such thing for this team and coaching staff. Preparation for teams is non existent. Yea, I can see 'upsets' here or there.....BUT for this team it happens way too often, every time we play a 'easy team'. When was the last time we saw a kick ass Steeler team put some team away early? The Chargers game could have been a hell of a lot worse. They let off the gas and let us have garbage points. I'm still rooting for us to win and be lucky enough to get #7, I'm die hard Black/Yellow and always will be, but I also know what I see and don't see. And #7 I really don't think will happen this year, too many teams out there are wanting wins way more than this team....at least now. The next 3 games are going to be tough, no easy opponents and a professional team is going to have to show up to play 60 minutes of hard hitting, mistake free football. I'm just sick and tired of these lazy ass looking players making good money. Where's my Jack Lambert ??? LOL

st33lersguy
12-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Dallas is 7-6 so maybe Tomlin will actually have this team focused, although I am concerned with Curtis Brown and Josh Victorian covering Dallas' capable receiving corp, after making the Chargers crap receivers look like an an elite receiving corp

zulater
12-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Dallas is 7-6 so maybe Tomlin will actually have this team focused, although I am concerned with Curtis Brown and Josh Victorian covering Dallas' capable receiving corp, after making the Chargers crap receivers look like an an elite receiving corp

Van Dyke sucks on special teams, but I'll all but guarantee you that if they let him out of the doghouse he'll play better than Curtis Brown did.

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM

capable receiving corp? Lol, Bryant, Austin, Witten, and Ogletree are the best group no one talks about. Even their 5th and 6th guys are getting double digit catches

oneforthetoe
12-10-2012, 11:22 AM
I think we have Dallas right where we want them. They have no idea which Steelers' team they are going to get. You see what brilliant strategy that is?:thumbsup:

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I think we have Dallas right where we want them. They have no idea which Steelers' team they are going to get. You see what brilliant strategy that is?:thumbsup:

what sucks is we dont know which steelers team we're going to get either :lol:

BlastFurnace
12-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Jason Witten will tear this defense up.

NCSteeler
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Edman I do like your thinking and positive attitude. My thinking is that I'm NOT going with the bull crap of Ben being 'rusty' and the 'mistakes' shit. The Chargers are a crap team, bottom feeders, just as Tenn., Oakland, Cleveland and KC who almost got us. I agree, the season isn't quite over for us yet, we still have 3 more games to hold our breath on. This team is needing alot of work....from coaching down. For some reason there is a major attitude malfunction going on. The team Sunday looked dead from the get go. NO attitude, NO desire, NO kill and NO win in their heart. Just like they didn't want to be there. Just go thru the motion. Tomlin didn't have them pumped, so to speak. Ben has been throwing all week, he's a pro dammit, a franchise man, how much time does he have to have to throw the damn ball. The WRs should know what to do. The tackles and special teams should know what is allowed and not....penalties are RIDICULOUS !!! Week after week you never know how this team is going to perform. Easy teams ??? There is no such thing for this team and coaching staff. Preparation for teams is non existent. Yea, I can see 'upsets' here or there.....BUT for this team it happens way too often, every time we play a 'easy team'. When was the last time we saw a kick ass Steeler team put some team away early? The Chargers game could have been a hell of a lot worse. They let off the gas and let us have garbage points. I'm still rooting for us to win and be lucky enough to get #7, I'm die hard Black/Yellow and always will be, but I also know what I see and don't see. And #7 I really don't think will happen this year, too many teams out there are wanting wins way more than this team....at least now. The next 3 games are going to be tough, no easy opponents and a professional team is going to have to show up to play 60 minutes of hard hitting, mistake free football. I'm just sick and tired of these lazy ass looking players making good money. Where's my Jack Lambert ??? LOL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80a9f3ba/NFL-GameDay-Texans-vs-Steelers-highlights

I was there, wonderful game with no stress.

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
ive pretty much accepted witten bryant and austin are going to rape us without ike taylor, win or lose. seems like we greatly underestimated the impact of losing ike taylor. Not to mention we'll more than likely have to face AJ Green the following week without Ike. He held AJ to 1 catch for nothing last time remember

oneforthetoe
12-10-2012, 02:24 PM
what sucks is we dont know which steelers team we're going to get either :lol:

Yes, it's so brilliantly convoluted even the Steelers can't figure it out.

GoSlash27
12-10-2012, 02:58 PM

The good news is that once we make the playoffs (*if* we make the playoffs), we're done with facing bottom-feeder teams. We haven't had any problems knocking off the good ones.
/tryin' to be positive...

O'Malley
12-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Without Ike,Woodley, the defense is suspect.... But Ben usually has a bad games coming off injury, and the weeks following he heats it up.. I hope that will be the case... The one thing I see in the Steelers favor coming up against the Cowboys is the problem they have had a hard time keeping Romo upright... Especially in the second half of most of the games this year... Also the Cowboys secondary is decimated(not sure on spelling:alcoholic:).. Ben should be able to have a big game.... Fingers crossed..

Dwinsgames
12-10-2012, 03:33 PM
ive pretty much accepted witten bryant and austin are going to rape us without ike taylor, win or lose. seems like we greatly underestimated the impact of losing ike taylor. Not to mention we'll more than likely have to face AJ Green the following week without Ike. He held AJ to 1 catch for nothing last time remember

Scratch Bryant , he is probably out for the year with a finger in need of surgery

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Scratch Bryant , he is probably out for the year with a finger in need of surgery

yeah i just saw: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109236/article/cowboys-fear-dez-bryant-could-miss-rest-of-season

HUUUUGE break for us. That receiving corp still scares me. Its still bounds better than the chargers and look what they did to us

fansince'76
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
yeah i just saw: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109236/article/cowboys-fear-dez-bryant-could-miss-rest-of-season

HUUUUGE break for us. That receiving corp still scares me. Its still bounds better than the chargers and look what they did to us

Well, with any luck, the offense might actually move the ball this week and the Cowboys won't spend most of the game camped on our end of the field. That didn't help.

43Hitman
12-10-2012, 04:19 PM
That Bryant injury will certainly help. We are still going to need to play some very good defense to slow down Murray, Austin, and Witten. One plus is that our coaching staff knows Ryan well from his days in Cleveland, so the game plan should be solid.

polamalubeast
12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
first game in Dallas for the steelers since the super bowl XLV

Steeldude
12-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Do the rah-rah fans realize now that all games are important? I always laugh when I hear "It's just one game" or "It's still early in the season".

This is going to be a very tough game for the Steelers. Now with the pressure of needing to win the rest of their games isn't making it easier. Perhaps next year Tomlin will prepare the team for all of the games.

polamalubeast
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Do the rah-rah fans realize now that all games are important? I always laugh when I hear "It's just one game" or "It's still early in the season".

This is going to be a very tough game for the Steelers. Now with the pressure of needing to win the rest of their games isn't making it easier. Perhaps next year Tomlin will prepare the team for all of the games.

The steelers need to win only 2 games(Bengals and a another game) to be in the playoffs

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
wow totally forgot woodley wasnt playing

Moose
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM

Exactly Steeldude !! I say this same thing every damn year. I get so pissed when the coach or a player say's, " it's only 1 game". When you only play 16 games a season, EVERY game is a must win. How damn hard is it to be 'up' for a 16 game season. 16 Sunday's ! And that 'one' game comes back and haunts you later in the season. If we would have won those 'bottom feeder' games against Tenn., Oakland and Cleveland it would be a completely different scenario now....wouldn't it !?

polamalubeast
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Exactly Steeldude !! I say this same thing every damn year. I get so pissed when the coach or a player say's, " it's only 1 game". When you only play 16 games a season, EVERY game is a must win. How damn hard is it to be 'up' for a 16 game season. 16 Sunday's ! And that 'one' game comes back and haunts you later in the season. If we would have won those 'bottom feeder' games against Tenn., Oakland and Cleveland it would be a completely different scenario now....wouldn't it !?

A team must remain positive even after embarrassing lost....Because if a team is very negative after each loss, it is 100% certain that the team will have a bad season

A team must always forget his last game(win or lost) and thinking about the next game

Moose
12-10-2012, 05:37 PM
A team must remain positive even after embarrassing lost....Because if a team is very negative after each loss, it is 100% certain that the team will have a bad season

A team must always forget his last game(win or lost) and thinking about the next game

So Tomlin should keep them positive, because we've had 4 for certain, embarrassing losses this year !

polamalubeast
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
So Tomlin should keep them positive, because we've had 4 for certain, embarrassing losses this year !

Tomlin has no choice, especially that the season is not over and the Steelers still have the control of their destiny

steeldawg
12-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I agree you cant dwell on the loss we have important games coming up you just have to put it behind you and focus on the next game

Shoes
12-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Thank you Dr. Phil! The team and Head Coach need a boot where the sun doesn't shine!!!

SteelMayhem72
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Im watching the patriots and texans and wonder why we cant run and offense similiar to the patriots...granted our O line is pretty much shit but with Ben at QB he could run an offense like that...just seems to me they play at a faster pace...love him or hate belicheck is a hell of a coach that gets his team ready week after week. If we make the playoffs we will not stand a chance against the patriots...they play at a higher gear level!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I blame it a lot on conditioning...our O line is slow!! It starts with the O line...there lack of movement slows the pace of our offense down!

Moose
12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
N.E. is pouring it to the Texans...LOL, and the Texans were talked and rated so high....shows what a team can do when they all play their positions with discipline and a coach that prepares and get's in a player's ass when they don't. I remember a few Steeler's teams that played like this.

SteelMayhem72
12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
N.E. is pouring it to the Texans...LOL, and the Texans were talked and rated so high....shows what a team can do when they all play their positions with discipline and a coach that prepares and get's in a player's ass when they don't. I remember a few Steeler's teams that played like this.

Totally agree!!! We lack the discipline and too many prima donnas and yes Im talking about wallace and brown!!! Plax will be in that boat too!!!

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2012, 09:33 PM

you do? you must go way back! :old:

BlastFurnace
12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Ink

As dominant as they are, it's hard to believe that they haven't won a SB since 2004.

I still think that Brady is the greatest QB I have ever seen.

Gotta admit...I wish the Steelers could put a whipping on a team like this.

GoSlash27
12-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I like the attitude of this post.
We lost to San Diego. We're still in the playoff hunt and look to improve as the season closes.
There's nothing to be gained by us (the fans) spending this week whining and lamenting. It's done and in the books, so let's drop it and move on.

Edman
12-11-2012, 12:13 AM

Shoulda Woulda Coulda is for losers.

It IS only one game at the end of the day. All games do matter, but only when they matter. One game at a time.

Sitting here whining and crying about the team sucking is going to make the loss go away. Like I said, if you want to tank the season because of one pathetic home loss, then go right ahead. I'm so glad the team doesn't have the same loser mentality as you.

Moose
12-11-2012, 09:26 AM
you do? you must go way back! :old:

Yup, sure do, I'm 63 yrs young my friend. LOL

tube517
12-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I like the attitude of this post.
We lost to San Diego. We're still in the playoff hunt and look to improve as the season closes.
There's nothing to be gained by us (the fans) spending this week whining and lamenting. It's done and in the books, so let's drop it and move on.

Agreed. That game is over. And we aren't "Rah rah" fans. No excuses. That was a piss poor loss and it's over. I'm over it and ready to kick some Crygirls' butts and shove Skeletor's glass cleaning wipes up their ass.

Moose
12-11-2012, 09:43 AM

It IS only one game at the end of the day. All games do matter, but only when they matter. One game at a time.

Sitting here whining and crying about the team sucking is going to make the loss go away. Like I said, if you want to tank the season because of one pathetic home loss, then go right ahead. I'm so glad the team doesn't have the same loser mentality as you.

Edman, thanks for the loser mentality compliment. Coming from you means alot...LOL. Reread your thread a few times and it still doesn't make sense to me, but that's because of my loser mentality which explains it. Whining and crying doesn't make the loss go away....damn that explains why the win/loss column doesn't change. And tanking a season because of pathetic home loss....damn, you're right again. Only pathetic home losses doesn't count...so the pathetic losses to bottom feeder's away do ? Now I'm confused ole' wise one, when do pathetic losses to bottom feeders count ? And I guess I'm mistaking a message board for speaking out or speaking one's mind and opinion. And I'm not sure where I mentioned that I tanked the season, because I didn't, just think we could be sitting alot better right now. But as a wise one like you, you probably know. All games do matter....but only when they matter !! LMAO I'm still figuring this one out....damn it must be mentality. Please, ole wise one....tell me how to survive...since you're used to it.

polamalubeast
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Edman, thanks for the loser mentality compliment. Coming from you means alot...LOL. Reread your thread a few times and it still doesn't make sense to me, but that's because of my loser mentality which explains it. Whining and crying doesn't make the loss go away....damn that explains why the win/loss column doesn't change. And tanking a season because of pathetic home loss....damn, you're right again. Only pathetic home losses doesn't count...so the pathetic losses to bottom feeder's away do ? Now I'm confused ole' wise one, when do pathetic losses to bottom feeders count ? And I guess I'm mistaking a message board for speaking out or speaking one's mind and opinion. And I'm not sure where I mentioned that I tanked the season, because I didn't, just think we could be sitting alot better right now. But as a wise one like you, you probably know. All games do matter....but only when they matter !! LMAO I'm still figuring this one out....damn it must be mentality. Please, ole wise one....tell me how to survive...since you're used to it.

A team must always forget his last game and thinking about the next game and stay positive...The Steelers have control of their destiny,so stay positive!

if the giants were negative after their loss against Rex Grossman last year, the Giants would have missed the playoffs

Steeldude
12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
The steelers need to win only 2 games(Bengals and a another game) to be in the playoffs

Your point? Have you seen the sad teams the Steelers have lost to this year? I am not so sure the Steelers can win two more games this year. I am not saying it's impossible, but they have not shown any signs of being a dominant team.

Moose
12-11-2012, 10:53 AM
A team must always forget his last game and thinking about the next game and stay positive...The Steelers have control of their destiny,so stay positive!

if the giants were negative after their loss against Rex Grossman last year, the Giants would have missed the playoffs

You are absolutely right Polamalubeast and I agree with you 100%, you need to forget about the last game (win/lose) and move on. However, you have to learn from mistakes. You can't play teams you are supposed beat and lose, time after time, and expect to make play-offs. As history proves, and the term stupidity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You have to learn from the loss, find out what you did wrong or didn't do at all, learn from that and move on. Correct the wrongs. Now, if the next inferior team comes in and you lose to them....then again find the wrongs and correct. But, when it keeps happening with every inferior team, something is definitely wrong and needs attention. This is what is aggravating. Why it happens so often. We, as fans, are getting restless. And as fans it's understandable and it should be. I care about this team, I bleed Black/Yellow, and I want this team to be successful. I hate Monday morning downers. But I also want explanations when things keep happening over and over again. I don't feel it's a 'loser' mentality(edman), just a concerned fan not accepting below par behavior, nor should any fan. Vent your frustrations. With that said, let's hope for a hell of lot better performance in the next 3 games. GO STEELERS

polamalubeast
12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Of course,you have to learn from the loss

steel striker
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Time to move on and, get ready for the cowboys. Can't change what happen last week. Does no good to beat a dead horse over why we have been so up & down this year.

Moose
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Agree !

st33lersguy
12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Wonder if Momlin will actually have his team FOCUSED for this game?

Steeldude
12-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Where did he say or imply he wanted the Steelers to tank the whole season?

Sitting here whining and crying about the team sucking isn't going to make the loss go away

Pretty much everyone on this MB has complained at one time or another after a loss. He is giving his opinion. He posts doesn't sound like that of a loser mentality. He is upset with losses to feeble teams and expects them to up for every games. Are you the opposite?

Edman
12-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Those upset about Sunday have every right to voice their opinion and complain, but that's about it. The team played a terrible game and lost.

GoSlash27
12-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Your point? Have you seen the sad teams the Steelers have lost to this year? I am not so sure the Steelers can win two more games this year. I am not saying it's impossible, but they have not shown any signs of being a dominant team.

And the flip-side? We beat the Bengals in Cincy. We trounced the Redskins. We beat the Giants in New York. We beat the Ravens in Baltimore.
That half of the picture makes us look unstoppable.

The reality is that both conclusions are true. We're *not* dominant, but we are capable of beating any team in this league. We are *competitive*, and just coming up to full strength at the end of the season.
Yes, there are problems, but it's not up to us to fix them. So scratch your ass and get happy. As frustrating as it can be at times, you can at least be thankful you're not a Carolina Panthers fan. :thumbsup:

O'Malley
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
This has been going on for a while now.. Playing down to the competition, or losing games they should win.... Only thing IMO that really matters right now is the Steelers control thier own destiny and have a shot at making a run...

Dwinsgames
12-11-2012, 03:14 PM
hate to burst anyone's Bubble but every game matters every week whether it is week 1 or week 17 they have EPIC importance ...

How big would a week 1 Victory in Denver have been now ? HUGE ... we would be sitting at 8-5 needing 1 win in the next 3 weeks of play to secure a playoff spot instead of needing 2 out of 3 ..it also would have been another conference win so in essence more important than this weeks game ... every week counts no matter what part of the schedule it falls in ...

Dwinsgames
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109674/article/dez-bryant-have-to-break-my-leg-to-keep-me-out

Bryant intends to play

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109674/article/dez-bryant-have-to-break-my-leg-to-keep-me-out

Bryant intends to play

fuck.

Psycho Ward 86
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
imo i feel like the matchup between our interior offensive line vs. the cowboys interior defense might surprise. Both units will be pretty revamped if you think about it. Foster, Pouncey, and Decastro vs. 2 no name inside linebackers (no sean lee, who cowboy fans were gushing over) and the 3rd string nose tackle with ratliff injured and josh brent deactivated because of his stupid incident. Our interior trio of linemen certainly looks promising. Looks like we might be able to run the ball. Too bad its probably going to become a shootout

zulater
12-14-2012, 11:05 AM

Bryant intends to play

Doesn't mean he'll play well. The fact that he even considered missing a game over a finger tells you it's at the forefront of his mind. If Heath Miller had a broken finger you wouldn't even know about it.

Dwinsgames
12-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Doesn't mean he'll play well.

same could be said about #17 but just because he is on the field is cause for concern

Psycho Ward 86
12-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Doesn't mean he'll play well. The fact that he even considered missing a game over a finger tells you it's at the forefront of his mind. If Heath Miller had a broken finger you wouldn't even know about it.

oh he'll play well. victorian and brown will make sure it happens

zulater
12-15-2012, 08:45 AM
oh he'll play well. victorian and brown will make sure it happens

They were thinking along the same lines in San Diego this time last week with their make shift offensive line.

Football's a strange game. Sometimes results defy talent and logic.

Basically the Steelers are going to have to control this game with their offense in order to win. Convert 3rd downs, get some early touchdowns on the board and force Dallas to play from behind while keeping the ball away from Romo.

Count Steeler
12-15-2012, 08:51 AM
They were thinking along the same lines in San Diego this time last week with their make shift offensive line.

Basically the Steelers are going to have to control this game with their offense in order to win. Convert 3rd downs, get some early touchdowns on the board and force Dallas to play from behind while keeping the ball away from Romo.

I must say, it has been a long time since I remember the Steelers taking advantage of another's team "weakness". The San Diego O Line was shredded with injuries, and what do we manage, 1 sack. Every time we are facing the worst rushing defense, you can be guaranteed our rushing offense will struggle to get 100 yards. We just do not take advantage and expose other team's weaknesses.

It's almost as if, a star left tackle could be injured and the rookie taking his place has only played 3 snaps. Well guess who is going to have a monster game?

zulater
12-15-2012, 09:33 AM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8747228

Colin Cowherd and Vegas Wise guys both like the Steelers.

You might not think it matters, but Cowherd is killing it with his blazing five picks this year. Verifiable record: 46-19 against the spread for 2012. Was close to those numbers last year as well. Also 4-2 on the Steelers when they've been in his blazing 5.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/shows/colincowherd/story/_/id/8321809/colin-cowherd-blazing-five-picks

And when he has Vegas agreement on his pick ( as he does this week) it's close to a lock!

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2012, 01:10 PM

the cowboys are built to play from behind. all they can do efficiently is pass. What do you think our defense is going to do when that happens, pick off some passes? :rofl2:

st33lersguy
12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Given that Pittsburgh literally expended no energy last week, there is no excuse for them not to play at 100%

st33lersguy
12-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Interesting fact: If the Steelers win tomorrow, it will mark the 1st time since 2005 that they won both their road games against the NFC

salamander
12-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Interesting fact: If the Steelers win tomorrow, it will mark the 1st time since 2005 that they won both their road games against the NFC

2005, huh? Hmm... 7 years ago. We're shooting for Lombardi #7... I think it's destiny :scratchchin: :chuckle:

Edman
12-15-2012, 11:15 PM

Also, it will be the first time they swept their non-conference games since that very same year.

Steeldude
12-15-2012, 11:42 PM
I hope Lebeau dials up some aggressive blitzes.

st33lersguy
12-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Also, it will be the first time they swept their non-conference games since that very same year.

Both regular season and post-season

steelerdude15
12-16-2012, 12:51 AM
I hope Lebeau dials up some aggressive blitzes.

Hopefully with Woodley back, Lebeau will use the linebackers a little bit more aggressively. That is of course in the play calling sector. I guess we'll see what happens at four.

LLT
12-16-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm not going to say the "L" word.....but from an objective viewpoint...this is a bad matchup for us today. Too many "variables" that favor the Cowboys.

Fingers crossed that the Football Gods shine on us!!!!

steeldawg
12-16-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm not going to say the "L" word.....but from an objective viewpoint...this is a bad matchup for us today. Too many "variables" that favor the Cowboys.

Thats actually good news for us we usually play well when the deck is stacked against us, its when we are in a game we are supposed to win easily that you have to worry.

X-Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:27 AM

Bad matchup? It's a horrible matchup. I'm expecting Dallas to beat them by at least 14 points. The Steelers simply are too beaten up at critical positions at this point for them to have any chance.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Thats actually good news for us we usually play well when the deck is stacked against us, its when we are in a game we are supposed to win easily that you have to worry.

This. And let's not forget that Dallas historically plays like warmed over dog shit in December.

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2012, 11:33 AM

yeah im not too confident either. however, there is one faction of the game that could potentially greatly favor us.: our interior offensive line against the cowboys interior defense. Remember that ratliff is out, and so is his promising back up josh brent for obvious reasons. The cowboys also lost sean lee early in the season. They're down to their 3rd string nose tackle and some no name backup ILB's so who knows, if Decastro plays like we see him being able to play, and foster plays at LG like he has at RG, then we could very well be running down the cowboys throats. And dont forget that the cowboys have even LESS interceptions than us. Sounds impossible, but hey ill take it.

salamander
12-16-2012, 11:58 AM
yeah im not too confident either. however, there is one faction of the game that could potentially greatly favor us.: our interior offensive line against the cowboys interior defense. Remember that ratliff is out, and so is his promising back up josh brent for obvious reasons. The cowboys also lost sean lee early in the season. They're down to their 3rd string nose tackle and some no name backup ILB's so who knows, if Decastro plays like we see him being able to play, and foster plays at LG like he has at RG, then we could very well be running down the cowboys throats. And dont forget that the cowboys have even LESS interceptions than us. Sounds impossible, but hey ill take it.

And the Chargers were using a mash up o-line against us last week and how well did that work in our favor?

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 12:03 PM
And the Chargers were using a mash up o-line against us last week and how well did that work in our favor?

I'm not so sure that last week wasn't more about how the Steelers started that game than it was about how the Chargers oline did. Lets face it, the Steelers were just not ready for that game at all, and it showed big time.

salamander
12-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm not so sure that last week wasn't more about how the Steelers started that game than it was about how the Chargers oline did. Lets face it, the Steelers were just not ready for that game at all, and it showed big time.

It just seems like the Steelers fail to key in on what should be other teams' weaknesses.

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2012, 12:33 PM

i was talking about our interior offensive line vs. their interior defense, not our front 7 against their offensive line. was i not?

43Hitman
12-16-2012, 12:41 PM
It just seems like the Steelers fail to key in on what should be other teams' weaknesses.

I definitely can agree with that. That's on the Vets though, its up to them to be ready to go, and to make sure the younger players are ready as well.

salamander
12-16-2012, 12:42 PM
i was talking about our interior offensive line vs. their interior defense, not our front 7 against their offensive line. was i not?

I didn't say otherwise. My point was that last week the Chargers had injuries along their o-line yet we didn't take advantage of it. The Steelers have a habit of not taking advantage of another team's weakness.