PDA

View Full Version : Steven Strasburg misses his scheduled start....

Akagi
07-28-2010, 12:55 PM
It might be nothing, of course. And I don't wish him ill; he is so good, it is a pleasure to watch such an incredible athlete. The Nationals have done everything they could to bring him along slowly. Maybe men are just not supposed to throw a baseball this hard, and still have such a great curve, changeup, and slider. (J/K on that last sentence)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/07/28/strasburg.mri/index.html

venom
07-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Too bad for the fans that bought tickets just to see him pitch .

venom
07-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Today , the Nats manager said on a MLB radio network that Steven Strasburg will miss his next start , Sunday vs the Phillies . He wants to shut him down for atleast 10 days .

Akagi
07-29-2010, 09:08 AM
The Nationals are my third most hated team after the Brewers (by far my most hated baseball team) and Yankees (lifetime hatred). But Strasburg is electrifying. I want the kid to stay healthy and win, because there are so many sad stories of pitchers who were one year wonders, then blew their arm out. For every Nolan Ryan there are 20 Mark Fidryches, for every Tom Seaver there are 2,000 guys with the tools but who couldn't put it together.

Plus, our guys are getting good, and we owe Strasburg. We need to take him down.

SteelCityMan786
07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
They owe it to him. He hasn't pitched that many innings in one year before. Good Job Nats.

Akagi
07-29-2010, 09:06 PM
I didn't know that, SCM786. Thanks.