PDA

View Full Version : Goat of the game / game ball.

steelreserve
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I didn't see anyone worthy of a game ball today.

Goat would be Curtis Brown. He just could not cover his man, and I think it cost us at least two TDs and I can't count how many missed stops on third-and-long. What is that guy even doing on the field?

fansince'76
12-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Nobody gets a game ball. Inexcusable loss.

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Gameball to Ben's sternoclavicular joint. Seems it's just fine.

Game goat...as much as I love you Coach T...it's you.

steelreserve
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Yeah - goat was first in the title for a reason.

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Because the whole team lacked urgency and preparedness, Tomlin is the goat.

Game ball, no overtime.

Edman
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Nobody gets one. Inexcusable. San Diego is garbage.

SteelerFanInStl
12-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Goat goes to the coaches. DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Shoes
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM

+1

Godfather
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Game ball: none

Game goat: Everyone, players and coaches. O-line didn't open up the running game until it was too late, special teams committed a series of holding penalties every time we had a decent return, Antonio made a bonehead play on that lateral/forward pass, Wallace dropped a pass that would have been a big play when it still counted, Tomlin went for one when we still had an outside chance to win. Epic fail.

steelpride12
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Game Ball: Ben late in the game and Wallace late game.

Goat: Everyone plus a huge exclamation point on Tomlin and the coaching staff.

Dwinsgames
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Game goat Coach T...it's you.

this

st33lersguy
12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Goat: The whole phukin team, most of all Tomlin. What did the team do in practice all week, play duck-duck-goose?

Moose
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
No f==kin game ball to any Steeler. Goat crap to Tomlin and coach staff for not having this team prepared to play. NO F=KIN excuse for this loss. What a pathetic performance by so called professionals. Play-offs ? Play-offs ?

43Hitman
12-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Gameball: You're kidding right?

Goat: Tomlin for not having the team prepared to play a desperate team. AB for not knowing what to do when that ball was fumbled off of Paulson and into the end zone, also he had drops at bad times. Wallace. While he came on late, he had some early drops that really cost us some field position. Special teams blocking unit...they just plain suck, have no discipline what so ever. The O-line for being absolutely terrible after having such a solid game last week. Pretty much the whole team deserves the GOAT to be honest.

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Is it SOP to get called back for penalties on all kick/punt returns??? Every. Stinking. Time.

steelreserve
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
The crappy part is, on the stat sheet it looked like Wallace had a good game. When in reality, until garbage time he was all but invisible except for one bonehead play. That still probably raises his price $1M/year for the Jets.

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Is it SOP to get called back for penalties on all kick/punt returns??? Every. Stinking. Time.

Good thing we fired the coach just before the season, because this was an even worse problem last year. :sarcasm:

Steelermania
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Good thing we fired the coach just before the season, because this was an even worse problem last year. :sarcasm:

Does anyone know yet why that guy was fired. They said it was not at all related to his performance as a coach. Did he smack a Rooney or something?

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know yet why that guy was fired. They said it was not at all related to his performance as a coach. Did he smack a Rooney or something?

Haven't heard any rumors. Puzzling. The Unit is just soooo much better this year!

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
DE Brett Keisel said he didn't think players were ready to play."That's why we lost," he said.

I don't get this. They are getting paid more than I can ever dream of making in my entire lifetime to play the game. How can the "not be ready"? Is it the loss of leadership? WTF????

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
DE Brett Keisel said he didn't think players were ready to play."That's why we lost," he said.

I don't get this. They are getting paid more than I can ever dream of making in my entire lifetime to play the game. How can the "not be ready"? Is it the loss of leadership? WTF????

I hope Tomlin is hearing that. Whatever he is doing, he has to change, he has to become more effective in preparing his team for game days.

ALLD
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
There is something wrong in the locker room because Mendy was inactive. For some reason they could put it together last week, but got embarrassed the prior and this week. That is poor coaching.

vindrow
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Goat: everyone on the team

Devilsdancefloor
12-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Goat: Curtis Brown you need to sit the pine josh victorian you sir have playing time now make the best of it Coach T you get the biggest part of the goat!

Gameball: the gatorade guy for mixing and filling the cups

zulater
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
I didn't see anyone worthy of a game ball today.

Goat would be Curtis Brown. He just could not cover his man, and I think it cost us at least two TDs and I can't count how many missed stops on third-and-long. What is that guy even doing on the field?

Curtis Brown may have played his way out of the league today.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Game Goat....Mike Tomlin. Matter of fact, I'll call him the Season Goat. Honorary mention to Dick LeBeau.

steelreserve
12-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I also forgot to give an honorary goat to David Paulson's ass for costing us a TD on the screwed up lateral. I know it was kind of a fluke play, except that it sure looked like it had a lot to do with the fact that he just got destroyed on his blocking assignment. Got his ass handed to him, literally.

steeldawg
12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
the goat is mike tomlin, i said before and i will say it again he has mismanaged the talent on this team. Our running game is a joke, why? because our talent is on the sidelines. We are going for first downs in terrible situations, why? because the players want to go? your supposed to be the leader the level headed guy, who looks at the big picture and says, hey lets punt and keep good field position. offense is not playing well and you want a spark, go with the no huddle and let ben hook up with wallace all day long.

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
A major coaching error was not going for 2 points and his excuse of not wanting to show too many plays, is almost an admission that we were beat, there was no chance we could win. Not the kind of message you want to send to your team.

steeldawg
12-09-2012, 06:46 PM
A major coaching error was not going for 2 points and his excuse of not wanting to show too many plays, is almost an admission that we were beat, there was no chance we could win. Not the kind of message you want to send to your team.

Your 100% correct not going for 2 was ridiculous it might be a long shot to comeback but there was still time left and it was possible

zulater
12-09-2012, 06:48 PM
How about them pooch kicks instead of a traditional onsides kick? They really help don't they! :sarcasm:

steeldawg
12-09-2012, 06:51 PM
How about them pooch kicks instead of a traditional onsides kick? They really help don't they! :sarcasm:

ya they didnt execute those very well, we werent even close.

Psycho Ward 86
12-09-2012, 07:37 PM

through all the shit of the game, i cant believe i forgot about those

Shoes
12-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac

Sounds like it to me.....from the coaching staff on down. The after game sound bites of "accepting responsibility, looking at the tape, going back to the lab" are getting like old chewing gum.

Keisel also said ( paraphrased) I think were a good football team and to go out and play like we did and try and figure out why? If this were the first time I'd give them the benefit of the doubt......but it isn't and they still don't know why. Leadership problems indeed!!

at about the 1:54 mark
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Around-The-Locker-Room-Post-game---vs-Chargers/ae7e4c68-121c-4c2c-a336-8c7c17cbc607

tube517
12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds like it to me.....from the coaching staff on down. The after game sound bites of "accepting responsibility, looking at the tape, going back to the lab" are getting like old chewing gum.

Keisel also said ( paraphrased) I think were a good football team and to go out and play like we did and try and figure out why? If this were the first time I'd give them the benefit of the doubt......but it isn't and they still don't know why. Leadership problems indeed!!

at about the 1:54 mark
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Around-The-Locker-Room-Post-game---vs-Chargers/ae7e4c68-121c-4c2c-a336-8c7c17cbc607

As FS76 alluded to, who are the leaders on this team? I don't see anyone stepping up in the roles of Ward, Farrior, A.Smith, etc. And that is one of the reasons we are where we are.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
As FS76 alluded to, who are the leaders on this team? I don't see anyone stepping up in the roles of Ward, Farrior, A.Smith, etc. And that is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Probably, the closest one on defense is Foote, as far as a vocal leader. Ben would be on the offense, but there aren't any others.

DarthSpartans20
12-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Probably, the closest one on defense is Foote, as far as a vocal leader. Ben would be on the offense, but there aren't any others.

I would think/hope Ryan Clark would be that guy

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I would think/hope Ryan Clark would be that guy

Good one. I forgot about Ryan.

st33lersguy
12-09-2012, 10:51 PM
I'll give a game ball to Suisham for drilling the 49 yarder at the half to give us a little hope. The fact that the kicker is the only one who warranted consideration for a gameball is all you need to know about the ugly outcome

86WARD
12-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Goat - Mainly Tomlin. Poor coaching decisions, lack of urgency, heart and preparation by team. Rest of the team gets partial blame.

Game Ball - if I had to, Wallace. 2 scores and again showed up. Would've been 3 TDs had Ben threw a better ball on the first deep pass. Still should've been caught but wouldn't have scored. Ben throws it where it should be and it's an easy 6.

All in all, no game balls.

steel striker
12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
No game PERIOD! That was has hard to watch.

zulater
12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Goat - Mainly Tomlin. Poor coaching decisions, lack of urgency, heart and preparation by team. Rest of the team gets partial blame.

Game Ball - if I had to, Wallace. 2 scores and again showed up. Would've been 3 TDs had Ben threw a better ball on the first deep pass. Still should've been caught but wouldn't have scored. Ben throws it where it should be and it's an easy 6.

All in all, no game balls.

It wasn't a perfectly thrown pass, but it's one that an NFL receiver is supposed to make. Look I'm not taking my turn beating the pinata, Wallace gets too much of that around here already. But those late tack on touchdowns are nowhere near game ball worthy. The one he missed was a relevant play in a game who's outcome was very much in the balance. The touchdowns he caught didn't do much more than pad his and Ben's stats. Well actually hopefully there will some carry-over to next week and beyond. But as far as yesterday Wallace deserves no game ball consideration.

As most ( including you) have stated no Steeler earned that designation. But if you forced me to give one out it would have to be Suisham. Not that he did a whole lot. But at least when given a chance he did his job about as well as it could be done.

Steeldude
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Because the whole team lacked urgency and preparedness, Tomlin is the goat.

Game ball, no overtime.

Seems to be happening too often with Tomlin.

- - - Updated - - -

They haven't had a leader on defense since Lloyd left. There no leaders on this team that I can see.