PDA

View Full Version : Now for the bad news....

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Colon (knee) Clark (hip) Sanders (AC joint) Troy (Achilles)

Steelers Depot‏@Steelersdepot

steelpride12
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Troy needs to retire and that's a 100% honest statement from me. He can't stay healthy it's been many many years since he ever was. It's time Troy I'll miss you and so will Stiller nation.

Psycho Ward 86
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
omg...

fansince'76
12-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Yes, I think a fork can pretty much be stuck in Troy at this point. His body has broken down and he simply can't stay healthy anymore. As for the other injuries, we've been pretty much snakebit in this department all year, so what else is new?

steel9guy
12-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Colon is actually good news. Clark is the worst news.

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Willie Colon aggravated knee injury and likely done for the season. Plan now is have Maurkice Pouncey finish the season at left guard.

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Is DeCastro ready? I saw him dressed on the sideline today.

Shoes
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Losing out the remaining season may be the best thing that could happen to this teams future.

Psycho Ward 86
12-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Colon is actually good news. Clark is the worst news.

how in the fuck is losing colon good news?

Dwinsgames
12-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Losing out the remaining season may be the best thing that could happen to this teams future.

not the Steeler way ... we will go down fighting no matter how ugly it looks doing so

Shoes
12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
not the Steeler way ... we will go down fighting no matter how ugly it looks doing so

...I did say it was. But this may be whats needed to expose issues that seem to be glossed over year after year. Plus we would lose some bandwagon fans. :chuckle:

Carolina Steelers
12-09-2012, 05:38 PM

Wow can't believe people think this way, even if we were like 0-15 I would never sacarfice wins because it good be good for future IMO I know this season hasn't gone the way we wanted but Damn were still in playoff contention once we get in anything could happen

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Is DeCastro ready? I saw him dressed on the sideline today.

He's modeling the Steelers uniform for their Christmas catalogue

- - - Updated - - -

Troy hurt...wow...what a surprise. He's finished. He might sneak out another year, but he's no longer worth top safety money.

Shoes
12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Wow can't believe people think this way, even if we were like 0-15 I would never sacarfice wins because it good be good for future IMO I know this season hasn't gone the way we wanted but Damn were still in playoff contention once we get in anything could happen

Where did I say I would sacrifice a win? The thinking is it will likely force exposing the reasons for having a season like this one......and we have had more than one like this.

zulater
12-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Hell no! Winning out is absolutely possible and desirable.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Hell no! Winning out is absolutely possible and desirable.

It will only worsen their draft position about a spot or two if they make it. This team will be destroyed in the first round.

FAB802
12-09-2012, 06:02 PM
If Clark is out they're in big trouble defensively. They've played without Troy all year so his loss has been an issue all season. The line played decent last week, they should have run the same group out there regardless of who was healthy.

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
It will only worsen their draft position about a spot or two if they make it. This team will be destroyed in the first round.

Naw, we will play teams with winning records. The better Steelers team shows up for those games. That is why we sucked against Denver last year, they were only 8-8. If they were 12-4, we would have played better. The coaches need to step up.

zulater
12-09-2012, 06:09 PM

So what? Look at who drafts early every year? Same fucking teams! Teams that play with no pride or purpose. The Steelers draft late every year and get gems because they don't subcribe to a losing attitude. Rookies come in and they absorb what's around them. If you play out the string like losers you become a team of losers!

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
So what? Look at who drafts early every year? Same fucking teams! Teams that play with no pride or purpose. The Steelers draft late every year and get gems because they don't subcribe to a losing attitude. Rookies come in and they absorb what's around them. If you play out the string like losers you become a team of losers!

Whoa...I don't disagree with you that they should lose out. I never said they should do that. I just said that if they make it, it won't hurt their draft position that much because they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.

Not to mention, this team has been drafting poorly for the past several years. Draft positon really doesn't matter for Colbert.

steelerdude15
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
This is bad news for a couple different reasons. Clark is the QB of the defense and has done so much for the defense this year. It sucks losing Troy, but we've done it without him. I'm also concerned with losing Colon for possibly the rest of the season. He's played well (other than some bonehead moments and holding calls) and has helped a lot in rush blocking. I think that losing Ryan and Willie hurts more than the other two.

Shoes
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Z.....do you believe this team has a discipline problem?

steelerdude15
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM

I'd rather see the Steelers lose in the first round of the playoffs knowing they had a chance to win another Super Bowl then not make the playoffs at all.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I'd rather see the Steelers lose in the first round of the playoffs knowing they had a chance to win another Super Bowl then not make the playoffs at all.

I agree, but it would get ugly if they played New England.

zulater
12-09-2012, 06:18 PM

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers play up to good teams and down to bad ones. I think they could give the Patriots a run for their money if Clark and Taylor are back.

steelerdude15
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Anyone can win on any given Sunday. Lets not worry about the playoffs just yet and remember its one game at a time. Lets worry about Dallas first.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 06:24 PM

In my opinion, they play with a sense of Entitlement rather than with a sense of urgency when playing poor teams. It's almost like they are out there to put on a show instead of mauling them like the better teams of the league would on a consistent basis. Game in and game out against poor teams, the Steelers are flat and in a dogfight. That is a trend, it's not an annomally.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can win on any given Sunday. Lets not worry about the playoffs just yet and remember its one game at a time. Lets worry about Dallas first.

I live out here in Dallas and was going to buy tickets until today. They are going for $150 and up. I don't see them coming to Dallas and winning after losing 3 of the last 4 and really should have lost 4 out of the last 5. Witten is going to tear the middle of Dick's defense up. Watch it, he will get atleast 12 catches.

Shoes
12-09-2012, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=zulater;342114]Yes.

- - - Updated - - -
:chuckle:

...then it's a coaching problem and how do you fix it? Unfortunately winning out and making the playoffs will only carry the problem on to another season.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2012, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=zulater;342114]Yes.

- - - Updated - - -
:chuckle:

...then it's a coaching problem and how do you fix it? Unfortunately winning out and making the playoffs will only carry the problem on to another season.

Tomlin gets another offseason to work on his chest bump.

steelerdude15
12-09-2012, 06:28 PM
In my opinion, they play with a sense of Entitlement rather than with a sense of urgency when playing poor teams. It's almost like they are out there to put on a show instead of mauling them like the better teams of the league would on a consistent basis. Game in and game out against poor teams, the Steelers are flat and in a dogfight. That is a trend, it's not an annomally.

- - - Updated - - -

I live out here in Dallas and was going to buy tickets until today. They are going for $150 and up. I don't see them coming to Dallas and winning after losing 3 of the last 4 and really should have lost 4 out of the last 5. Witten is going to tear the middle of Dick's defense up. Watch it, he will get atleast 12 catches.

We'll see what happens. I'm not writing this team off yet.

steelreserve
12-09-2012, 06:35 PM

Hey, it worked for Indy. Although they had it planned out from much earlier in the season.

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I almost came down for this game. Glad I didn't.