PDA

View Full Version : Two most feared words in NFL: Ben's back

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 08:53 AM
A few minutes before kickoff, a thunderous roar will echo over the North Shore today. An ovation unlike any heard so far this season will reverberate from Heinz Field when the public address announcer says: “At quarterback, No. 7, Ben Roethlisberger.”

Yes, the face of the franchise is back.

Big Ben makes his highly anticipated return this afternoon as the Steelers (7-5) resume their quest for a playoff bid.

With his sprained shoulder and dislocated rib healed enough that he’s received medical clearance to play, Roethlisberger will resume his role as the Steelers’ most important player.

“I mean, we see what the world sees,” left guard Willie Colon said. “He’s awesome. He’s a comeback quarterback. He’s our leader. He’s our field general. He’s our everything.......... (a little bit of a man crush, eh, Willie? :lol:)

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/two-most-feared-words-in-nfl-ben-s-back/article_8cbfe32d-4fee-5727-85b8-0d17a2f397da.html#.UMSh-8wmqTI.twitter

salamander
12-09-2012, 09:13 AM
I said this is another thread and I'll say it again... Ben tends to play like poop in his first game back from a big injury (see 2006 and 2011 as quick examples). I hope today is different.

zulater
12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I said this is another thread and I'll say it again... Ben tends to play like poop in his first game back from a big injury (see 2006 and 2011 as quick examples). I hope today is different.

That may be true, but however you handle it there's going to be a first game back. So unless you want to push his return back to next season you're going to have to endure his first game back off the injury.

Count Steeler
12-09-2012, 10:20 AM
That may be true, but however you handle it there's going to be a first game back. So unless you want to push his return back to next season you're going to have to endure his first game back off the injury.

I'm hoping Haley fine tunes the offense to not overexert Ben. Keep it simple, basic and clean. He will be fine.

salamander
12-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Hell for all I know Ben could go out there and have a career day :lol:

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Why Ben is not the back-up today i will never understand. Think it was in 95 San Diego showed some ability to play on the East Coast.Just sayin.

zulater
12-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Why Ben is not the back-up today i will never understand. Think it was in 95 San Diego showed some ability to play on the East Coast.Just sayin.

Because the Steelers think Ben is healthy enough to give the team a better chance to win than Charlie Batch would have.

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Aditi Kinkhabwala‏@AKinkhabwala
Ben Roethlisberger just finished his usu pre-game warm-up. Honestly couldn't tell any difference in way he threw from any other pre-game

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Well i guess it is what is.Myself,i would love to see Ben in the back-up roll.Save him for when it really counts. Thats my outlook on the debacle.

zulater
12-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Well i guess it is what is.Myself,i would love to see Ben in the back-up roll.Save him for when it really counts. Thats my outlook on the debacle.

It's a conference game, we really can't afford any more conference losses. If we were playing Dallas this week instead of next I'd be more on board with you.

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Hopefully our special teams show up,and passes are not falling to the ground.Just get the feeling that we are pushin Bens return.Hope i am wrong.

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I love Ben to death,and his record in Ohio speaks for itself.Sincinatti is all we have to worry about.Why you bring this young man back this game,i can not understand.Hopefully the defense brings it's end of the bargain.A win is another step closer to the ultimate goal. Maybe thats where we should be lookin at.

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I hope Charlie gets another shot.Get mad if you like,but don't start Ben.

zulater
12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
I hope Charlie gets another shot.Get mad if you like,but don't start Ben.

The decision has been made. Ben is warming up well by all accounts, so they're not going to change course now. Therefore the only way Charlie gets another "shot", is if Ben gets reinjured, or the Steelers play a meaningless game. Since I doubt the latter will occur, I would truly hope you'd reconsider your position and just hope that the Steelers coaches and medical staff are proven correct by giving Ben the nod.

steeldawg
12-09-2012, 11:22 AM
cincy is all we have to worry about if we are content with a 6 seed, If we want the division we need big ben.

zulater
12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
cincy is all we have to worry about if we are content with a 6 seed, If we want the division we need big ben.

There's no guarantee that even a season sweep over the Bengals would get us in. There's still 3 other games. Go 1-3 or 2-2 and it doesn't matter who you beat. Plus if we end up in a 3 way tie with the Colts and Bengals head to head gets tossed and the two teams with the best in confernce record go in.

steeldawg
12-09-2012, 11:35 AM
There's no guarantee that even a season sweep over the Bengals would get us in. There's still 3 other games. Go 1-3 or 2-2 and it doesn't matter who you beat. Plus if we end up in a 3 way tie with the Colts and Bengals head to head gets tossed and the two teams with the best in confernce record go in.

Ya but we need to win to have a shot and thats all we can control.

zulater
12-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Ya but we need to win to have a shot and thats all we can control.

Agreed. I'm on your side on this one dawg.

:wink02: :lol:

steeldawg
12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Agreed. I'm on your side on this one dawg.

:wink02: :lol:

lol by the way wallace catches 2 tds today!

steel9guy
12-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I think we get back on track next week. Just one of those days.

steelpride12
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Momlin.

salamander
12-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Well, Ben didn't play terribly but the rest of the team did.

stillers4me
12-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Once Ben shook off the rust, he was fine. :noidea:

No problems with his arm, no problems with his legs. I think he actually got a chance to rest all the other bumps and bruises. This loss was NOT on Ben. He was the only one trying to actually play today.

Psycho Ward 86
12-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Well, Ben didn't play terribly but the rest of the team did.

he did. just not as bad as everyone else.

this game reminds me exactly of the patriots game a couple years ago. Score doesnt indicate how one sided it was and ben and the receivers racked up a ton of inflated stats in garbage time