PDA

View Full Version : Where will Wallace play in 2013?

steelreserve
12-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Of course, all the talk about his play this year meaning he's likely finished in Pittsburgh begs the question of where you think he's actually going to go. The choices on here are either because they have cap space, a tendency to go after big-name WRs, a decent QB with a need for better receiving, or all three. But in all honesty, it's just a guess. OK ... go.

- - - Updated - - -

PS - I'm actually gonna go with the Jets, because they're such a mess and they have such a history of doing this type of crap, that why not.

Hindes204
12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I agree with something someone else said in another thread, I believe it was Zu, so I went with Redskins. They have no weapons for RGIII right now and have no first round draft pick due to trading it to St Louis.

zulater
12-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I agree with something someone else said in another thread, I believe it was Zu, so I went with Redskins. They have no weapons for RGIII right now and have no first round draft pick due to trading it to St Louis.

That's my vote too! :applaudit:

:lol:

Count Steeler
12-07-2012, 12:42 PM

Maybe Cleveland, to try and get back at the Redskins for stealing RGIII. Now that would be poetic justice for Mr. Wallace. From Pittsburgh to Cleveland. Bazinga!

Psycho Ward 86
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
lol why are the broncos and cowboys up there? They're gushing with weapons as good or better than us

zulater
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Wallace would probably be first team All Pro in Washington with R.G. III. The guy might throw the best deep ball in all of football, which plays right into 'ol "One Trick"'s skill set perfectly.

ALLD
12-07-2012, 12:59 PM
How about the Cards opposite Fitz? Fitz might expose Wallace's weaknesses.

43Hitman
12-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I could see him going to Indy. BA ties, and outside of Wayne, who is near the end of his career, could use another weapon for Luck.

- - - Updated - - -

steelreserve
12-07-2012, 01:11 PM
lol why are the broncos and cowboys up there? They're gushing with weapons as good or better than us

Extra weapon for Manning, and because they're the Cowboys and they do that kind of shit.

How about the Cards opposite Fitz? Fitz might expose Wallace's weaknesses.

I thought about that, but figured if you're paying $16M a year for one receiver, you're probably not going to pay $11M for another. Just too much money. They probably wouldn't have let go of Boldin if they had the choice, so I have to assume it's much the same case here.

Same goes for the Lions, by the way. They're really in a world of hurt thanks to picking 2-1-2 in the years immediately before they got the rookie contract mess straightened out. Stafford 6/$72M, Suh 5/$60M, Johnson 8/$132M. $40M of cap space on average for three guys. Ouch. That's going to kill them the next few years.

Devilsdancefloor
12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
im going to pick tampa

X-Terminator
12-07-2012, 01:41 PM

They signed Pierre Garcon to a similar contract that Vincent Jackson got from Tampa, plus they already have a guy in Aldrick Robinson who can do everything that Wallace does for a hell of a lot cheaper. They will also be getting Fred Davis back next year, who is a pretty good receiving TE. They may want to replace Santana Moss, but I'd think they'd rather replace him with another possession receiver rather than Wallace.

I could see him going to Indy. BA ties, and outside of Wayne, who is near the end of his career, could use another weapon for Luck.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes more sense considering nobody knows if Austin Collie will ever be able to play again. T.Y. Hilton has become a pretty good option for Luck as well. I don't think Wayne is ready to retire just yet.

I would not rule out the Steelers re-signing him on the "cheap," though. He may have blown his chance at a fat paycheck with his holdout and then playing like shit all season, which may make that possible.

fansince'76
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f3fTVkavMVg/StcyU1ZvqCI/AAAAAAAADEA/Ge4S8n9KRYw/s400/daniel-snyder.png

steelreserve
12-07-2012, 01:56 PM
They signed Pierre Garcon to a similar contract that Vincent Jackson got from Tampa, plus they already have a guy in Aldrick Robinson who can do everything that Wallace does for a hell of a lot cheaper. They will also be getting Fred Davis back next year, who is a pretty good receiving TE. They may want to replace Santana Moss, but I'd think they'd rather replace him with another possession receiver rather than Wallace.

All good points, but there's your problem. You're assuming the Redskins have any fucking clue what they're doing.

Hindes204
12-07-2012, 01:59 PM
All good points, but there's your problem. You're assuming the Redskins have any fucking clue what they're doing.

I always enjoy your posts...you make me crack up at least once a day, thanks man!

st33lersguy
12-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder will be stupid enough to pay big wads of money for his services, then be disappointed as they watch him drop everything and give no effort because of the large amount of cash he is sitting on

steelreserve
12-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder will be stupid enough to pay big wads of money for his services, then be disappointed as they watch him drop everything and give no effort because of the large amount of cash he is sitting on

The only question for me is whether he'll get a DUI before or after the season starts.

TheRuneMeister
12-07-2012, 03:37 PM
If not the Steelers, he'll be a Dolphin.

steelerdude15
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I really don't see him playing for the Steelers next year. I think Antonio and Manny will be starting next year.

Dwinsgames
12-07-2012, 03:47 PM
as long as it is some other team over paying for his services , its fine by me ..... hey Mike don't let the door hit you in the ass on you're way out

Moose
12-07-2012, 06:17 PM
First of all, no matter who the QB is, if you drop just about everything thrown your way you're not going to get any good team bites. If you're a good team you already have the WR's you need and doing the job. Any way, I voted on the Cowboy's just because I could see Jones paying the bucks to try and make Romo look good. LOL

Shoes
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f3fTVkavMVg/StcyU1ZvqCI/AAAAAAAADEA/Ge4S8n9KRYw/s400/daniel-snyder.png

:chuckle:

86WARD
12-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Pittsburgh, Miami, Indy. Not in that order. If he's franchised, I think we will be pretty much guaranteed that the Steelers think they can get a multi-year deal done with Wallace. He probably won't be one year at $10M. Indy makes the most sense as far as needs and fits go. Probably even more sense than Pittsburgh.

Redskins dumped a lot of coin into Garçon and they have needs elsewhere that are more pressing. Dallas has Austin and Bryant. Not looking for another big name...again, bigger needs elsewhere.

Seven
12-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Colts or Jets. Just educated guesses based on precedent I guess.

Mojouw
12-08-2012, 11:46 AM

I don't think the Colts will take him, as T.Y. Hilton is already playing Wallace's role in Ariens' offense with a high amount of success and on a low round rookie deal.

The Jets drafted overhyped Wallace clone Stephen Hill -- great straight line speed -- not a complete WR yet. They may be interested, but will likely need to spend all their money on defense and a new QB.

I think the Vikings take a shot at Wallace to pair him with Percy Harvin. Those two would complement each other nicely.

st33lersguy
12-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Another prediction: Wallace will be a free agent bust and will only try when playing against the Steelers. Give a guy with effort issues like Wallace a lot of money, he will pay you back with little effort

steelreserve
12-08-2012, 12:31 PM

Exactly what I was thinking - after all, the Jets HAVE picked up every high-profile Steelers headcase WR for the past several years ...

86WARD
12-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Could see San Diego as well. If Andy Reid lands in San Diego, he'd probably have an interest in Wallace. He runs a west coast, but he LOOOOOOVES the deep ball too...