PDA

View Full Version : Willie Colon Says Terrell Suggs Responsible For His Knee Injury

stillers4me
12-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers left guard Willie Colon has been active for the last two games but he didn't play in either of them. He hopes to play this Sunday against the San Diego Chargers, but currently considers himself a game-time decision after practicing fully on Thursday.

The Friday prior to the game against the Cleveland Browns Colon showed up on the injury report as probable with a knee injury after practicing on a limited basis that day and it was thought that he had injured it in practice.

The Steelers guard revealed on Thursday after practice that he suffered a knee bruise in the first game against the Baltimore Ravens when linebacker Terrell Suggs took his legs out from underneath him in the fourth quarter on a Colon pull to the right. You can see an animated gif of that play below..........
Read more › (http://bit.ly/UhFKDs)
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/willie-colon-says-terrell-suggs-responsible-for-his-knee-injury/

Dwinsgames
12-06-2012, 08:02 PM
and today Suggs had to give up his firearms because of a domestic dispute he had with his girlfriend .....

nothing has went right for Suggs of late perhaps rightfully so ........

Craic
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Naa, nothing nasty about that IMO. He went down in front of him, instead of to the side, didn't aim a shoulder to the knee, (actually it looked like his back to the knee/thigh area). That's just one of those plays. Also, I didn't read Colon saying anything about it either, except to reference when it happened.

Hope we get it back soon, and this is the first time I'm hearing about Suggs and his girlfriend. Meh. Don't know what it is so I won't say anything . . . for now. Domestic dispute can be a whole lot of stuff. But if it's physical, I just lost any respect for him I may have had, unless he immediately confessed and agreed to get help (some people do just make mistakes once).

Devilsdancefloor
12-06-2012, 08:34 PM
i thought when it happeened it was a good play by Suggs that was going to be e good run play with willie pulling

steelreserve
12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
and today Suggs had to give up his firearms because of a domestic dispute he had with his girlfriend .....

He did? That's garbage, I mean when's the last time some crappy domestic dispute turned into -

oh. wait. nevermind.

HollywoodSteel
12-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Suggs's play looks weird to me. Why is he going at Colon's legs, essentially taking himself out of the play instead of trying to get the ball carrier? Maybe he doesnt think he can get off a block so he's trying to bowling ball Colon and Mendy both. Pretty easy for Mendy to just jump over him though.

zulater
12-06-2012, 11:40 PM
He did? That's garbage, I mean when's the last time some crappy domestic dispute turned into -

oh. wait. nevermind.

linebacker Terrell Suggs had to surrender several firearms stemming from a domestic case involving his girlfriend, Suggs' attorney told the Baltimore Sun on Thursday.

Warren Alperstein told the Sun that Candace Williams, Suggs' longtime girlfriend and mother of his two children, filed a court order in November, but Alperstein declined to provide further details.

"The guns were surrendered over to police pursuant to the court order, and they (Suggs and Williams) are resolving their issues," Alperstein told the Sun. "All I can tell you is that he's in rightful and lawful possession of the guns but turned them over pursuant to the requirements of the law."

AFC North blog
ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Court records indicate Suggs filed a custody complaint against Williams on Nov. 19, and that Williams filed her complaint after that, Alperstein told the Sun.

Two 911 calls were received from Suggs' address on Nov. 21, but did not yield any reports, Baltimore County police told the Sun.

The Ravens organization and Suggs both declined comment, according to the newspaper

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8722433/terrell-suggs-baltimore-ravens-forced-surrender-firearms-part-domestic-case-according-report

fansince'76
12-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Meh. Let's eliminate kickoffs to keep players safe! :rolleyes:

Craic
12-07-2012, 01:11 AM
First, I gotta say that I'm impressed he's taken the time to be legal with his firearms, and then acted like a normal human being when requested to turn them over. We'll see, the timing of the report seems suspicious, after he files for custody. But once again, since I wasn't there. . . .

cold-hard-steel
12-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Naa, nothing nasty about that IMO. He went down in front of him, instead of to the side, didn't aim a shoulder to the knee, (actually it looked like his back to the knee/thigh area). That's just one of those plays. Also, I didn't read Colon saying anything about it either, except to reference when it happened.

Hope we get it back soon, and this is the first time I'm hearing about Suggs and his girlfriend. Meh. Don't know what it is so I won't say anything . . . for now. Domestic dispute can be a whole lot of stuff. But if it's physical, I just lost any respect for him I may have had, unless he immediately confessed and agreed to get help (some people do just make mistakes once).

Women can hurt you more than you could ever think about hurting youself. Way worse.But it is better than finding a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

GodfatherofSoul
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Women can hurt you more than you could ever think about hurting youself. Way worse.But it is better than finding a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I think that's what the guns were for lol

Count Steeler
12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
OK, this thread is about Willie Colon and his injury. Let's get back on track.

Devilsdancefloor
12-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Suggs's play looks weird to me. Why is he going at Colon's legs, essentially taking himself out of the play instead of trying to get the ball carrier? Maybe he doesnt think he can get off a block so he's trying to bowling ball Colon and Mendy both. Pretty easy for Mendy to just jump over him though.

I we ran that play a bit to often and he knew it was coming at him and he wasnt going to make the tackle so take out the blocker and have the LBer willie was going to block plug the hole, again smart play by him

st33lersguy
12-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Terrell Thuggs is a total jerk and a total waste of life

ALLD
12-08-2012, 07:35 AM
I have to agree, there should be a ban on all hand guns during kick offs.

SMR
12-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I have to agree, there should be a ban on all hand guns during kick offs.

:rofl2:

CLASSIC.

cold-hard-steel
12-08-2012, 12:50 PM
He still got a torn bicept out of the deal.Must be one tough lady.Ripped the gun right out of his hand.Tore his bicept in the process.Lucky Plax wasn't there at the time.

cold-hard-steel
12-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Those original Cleveland Browns. Ya gotta wonder sometimes.

cold-hard-steel
12-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Smoke em if ya got em,sit back and relax.The real shit is comin down. The Ravens need to take a stake in the heart. Emanual Sanders can drive it there. I love you young man. You breached them,but never went through with your intent. Make things right.