PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin announces Ben Roethlisberger starts on Sunday

polamalubeast
12-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will start against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, returning to action after missing the last three games with a shoulder injury.

Roethlisberger practiced for the second straight day on Thursday, and Coach Mike Tomlin was comfortable enough with what he saw to say Roethlisberger will start this week.

“He has been above the line in all areas,” said Tomlin following Thursday’s practice. “Really, the only question we can’t answer is taking a hit. Obviously that will be answered in the stadium on Sunday.

“I am extremely comfortable with his ability to work the field both vertically and horizontally. He has great velocity on his ball. We’re ready to go.”

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/12/06/roethlisberger-will-start-vs-chargers/

Count Steeler
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Who will be starting on the O Line? Hope we have the same level of protection that we had against the Ravens.

Good to hear that Ben has progressed well enough to play. Sure glad the danger of his ribs puncturing his aorta has passed.

Glad to have you back Ben, now get out there and zap some bolts.

venom
12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
The off. lineman who lets his man hit Ben should get released asap !!!! Protect him !!

Hindes204
12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Hope he's healthy enough to get some velocity on his passes. SD rush defense is pretty good, but they have some vulnerabilities in their pass defense we can take advantage of

HollywoodSteel
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I wonder if we'll get more holding calls than normal in this game. I know if I were an O-lineman I would rather hold than take the chance of Ben taking a hit. Normally, you'd want the o-lineman to release rather than take a flag on what would be a blatant penalty, with the hopes that Ben can escape and do something magical 9 times out of 10. But I can see how the mentality might be different this week.

steelerdude15
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm hoping that Ben will be safe this game. :pray:

Edman
12-06-2012, 04:48 PM
I wished Ben would sit out at least ONE more week, but if he showed minimal setback, then that's fine.

salamander
12-06-2012, 06:57 PM
I hope he's truly ready to go... I've seen one too many times where Ben comes off an injury and stinks up the joint his first game back. We cannot afford to lose anymore games.

Dwinsgames
12-06-2012, 07:14 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t26/castnbash/Steelers/Haley-1.jpg

cold-hard-steel
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
If he ain't good enough to start then he should not be there.just sayin..

- - - Updated - - -

Charlie people are gonna whine for you,suck it up and suck it in.

HollywoodSteel
12-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I hope he's truly ready to go... I've seen one too many times where Ben comes off an injury and stinks up the joint his first game back. We cannot afford to lose anymore games.

Seems like you're calling on the spirit of Pimply Dan. They can no lose any more games.

salamander
12-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Seems like you're calling on the spirit of Pimply Dan. They can no lose any more games.

CAN NO LOSE! :bounce:

polamalubeast
12-06-2012, 08:30 PM

And this is why Ben must play if he can play