PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin's college teammate( Darren Sharper) says 'bad blood' exists with Harbaugh

polamalubeast
12-06-2012, 09:22 AM
9:49AM EST December 6. 2012 - You better be careful what you say about coach Mike Tomlin's Pittsburgh Steelers because it could come back to bite you.

His undermanned team ended the Baltimore Ravens' 15-game home winning streak Sunday, evidently fueled in part by some two-week old comments from Ravens coach John Harbaugh, and set the stage for Tomlin's drive-by handshake with his counterpart following the game.

"There's bad blood between these two coaches," said NFL Network analyst Darren Sharper, who was Tomlin's college teammate at William & Mary in the 1990s, on Showtime's Inside the NFL on Wednesday night.

"You think about the fact that the teams do not like each other, so that carries over to the coaches because they're the ones preaching to the team before the games. And before this game there was a little bit of an incident in which Coach Harbaugh had some comments after they beat the Pittsburgh Steelers which he knew the camera was on, too."

Sharper was referring to a locker room clip of Harbaugh lauding his club immediately after its 13-10 win at Heinz Field on Nov. 18, the Steelers' first game this season without injured quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Said Harbaugh to the troops that night: "The toughest team won that football game. The mentally tough team won that football game. The better team won the football game. The team that knows how to win won that football game."

Yes, if you're keeping track, Tomlin's team has reached two Super Bowls and won one since 2008, Harbaugh's first year in Baltimore. The Steelers eliminated the Ravens in the playoffs on the way to both of those Super Bowls, and many Baltimore players acknowledge that the lone missing element in the teams' bloody rivalry is the fact that none of them (save Ray Lewis 12 years ago) have rings.

read more

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/06/mike-tomlin-jim-harbaugh-bad-blood-steelers-ravens-darren-sharper-inside-the-nfl/1750687/

tube517
12-06-2012, 09:32 AM
We all joke about Tomlinism's and like the way he handles himself w/the press. Let's be clear, Coach Tomlin is human and wants to win as many "sticky" Lombardi Trophies as possible. The Raisins are our main rival. I have no problem with him having some "bad blood" with that dickhead. I didn't know about the speech after the first game.

fansince'76
12-06-2012, 09:37 AM
"There's bad blood between these two coaches," said NFL Network analyst Darren Sharper, who was Tomlin's college teammate at William & Mary in the 1990s, on Showtime's Inside the NFL on Wednesday night.

:rolleyes:

Can we get Tomlin's third grade teacher's take on this too? :coffee:

cold-hard-steel
12-06-2012, 09:46 AM

Guess Mr. T is tired of bein dead indians in their cowboy movies.

Wallace108
12-06-2012, 11:50 AM

FS, did you read the quote at the end of the article? Sharper isn't just giving his opinion ...

"I know this for sure. I talked to Mike, and after the game I asked him about the handshake, and he said that there is some bad blood there. And he did not appreciate what Coach Harbaugh said postgame after the first victory."

Count Steeler
12-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I wonder if Tomlin would piss on Harbaugh if he was on fire?

X-Terminator
12-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Yep, Mike is tired of being constantly disrespected by that team, as I mentioned in the original handshake thread. Thanks Harbitch for the extra motivation! :thumbsup:

NJarhead
12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
I wonder if Tomlin would piss on Harbaugh if he was on fire?

No, but he'd consider extinguishing him with a wet chain, I'm sure. :wink02:

cold-hard-steel
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
If you are born a dick,is it possible to change,or will you just always be a dick?He is ,and always will be a dick.TMO.

SMR
12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Can't blame Tomlin one bit, especially after finding out about Hairball's post-game comments.

GodfatherofSoul
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
If you are born a dick,is it possible to change,or will you just always be a dick?He is ,and always will be a dick.TMO.

It's genetic. Did you see that documentary about his dad? It's like he went out of his way to raise the two biggest douchebags in town.

steelerdude15
12-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm sure there is bad blood between the two. Where isn't there bad blood between these two teams. I'm sure it runs from the ownership down to the fans.

NJarhead
12-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Harbaugh was a whiny little bitch, and Tomlin was watching

http://content8.flixster.com/question/31/58/65/3158658_std.jpg

cold-hard-steel
12-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Harbold has one thing on his side.He is bold.The only thing of it is,is that he sucks at it.You should never kick a live,burnin log,when it is already in the fire.