PDA

View Full Version : Farrior at peace with new life off the field

zulater
12-06-2012, 07:11 AM
By Ron Cook / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It is a time like this that the Steelers really could use the man. The start of the stretch run to the NFL playoffs. A rugged path, almost certainly as a wild-card team. Another significant injury to a star defensive player ...
James Farrior would look pretty good in the Steelers locker room right about now.
"I knew the guys were looking up at me. I always tried to do the right thing," Farrior was saying over the telephone the other day, taking a break from retirement in his new home in Houston.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin once called Farrior "our unquestioned leader ... he sets the tone for this outfit."
It was at this point of the season that Farrior was at his best. He learned from Jerome Bettis and Joey Porter, just two of the many strong leaders in Steelers history. Hall of Famer Joe Greene was the greatest of all.
Farrior's was the last voice the Steelers heard before every game. Tomlin would turn the players over to him before they took the field. Farrior always seemed to know the right thing to say. By the time he was done, the players would have run through the wall for him.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/farrior-at-peace-with-new-life-off-the-field-664945/#ixzz2EHEgMZYp

Austin87
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Good read. Thanks for posting.

crcsnail
12-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeh was a good read thx for posting .