PDA

View Full Version : WR Sanders to be limited in practice for Steelers

stillers4me
12-05-2012, 08:21 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers just cannot catch a break. In a week which the team fervently hopes quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can return to action, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be limited in practice due to a shoulder sprain according to Mike Bires of the Beaver County Times (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/big-ben-has-something-to-prove/article_11380b81-9349-58ea-b13c-b8b81f0117ff.html#.UL9LsoGVPrM.twitter)...........

Read more @ http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/31156/WR-Sanders-to-be-limited-in-practice-for-Steelers/Default.aspx

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2012, 10:35 AM
learn how to hold onto the damn ball in the meantime

Dwinsgames
12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
is this Plax time or does Cotchery coming back again take his chance to do something away ? http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/thinking.gif

I am interested in seeing Plax get some reps to see just what he has left in the tank that made the Steelers be impressed during his workout ...

Cotchery with busted ribs 2-3 weeks removed has to still be hurting and probably is not up for taking any shots to that area and I fear he may short arm some balls because of it

BlastFurnace
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
C'mon down Plex

Count Steeler
12-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Got to make Plaxico at least earn his salary. If Sanders can't go, get him in there. Let's see what the Steelers see.

tube517
12-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Plax would be #2 and Brown #1A and Wallace #1B in Tomlin's new WR numbering system. :chuckle:

7willBheaven
12-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I'd be shocked if he didnt play Sunday...coach said he'd be limited early in the week...so nothing to see here as of now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be shocked if he didnt play Sunday...coach said he'd be limited early in the week...so nothing to see here as of now.

stillers4me
12-06-2012, 05:47 AM
learn how to hold onto the damn ball in the meantime

It was only one time. He's done really well this year coming back from foot injuries, IMO.

zulater
12-06-2012, 06:38 AM
It was only one time. He's done really well this year coming back from foot injuries, IMO.

Agreed.

3 reasons why I'm willing to give Sanders a pass for his misfortune last week.

1. As you've already stated it's only one week. Sanders has been very reliable for the most part as far as keeping drops and fumbles to a minimum.

2. Sanders was clearly devestated by his mistakes. Everyone handles adversity different, and I suppose it's unfair for us to judge players reactions. But I'm sorry, if a guy makes a critical game changing mistake I don't want to see him yukking it up on the sidelines or acting nonchalant. I'm not saying I want him over there bawling. But damn man if you screwed up at least show a little contritition, or at least don't look as if you don't have a care in the world.

3. He rebounded and made a crucial 3rd down catch after his earlair mistakes. Even though he was clearly upset with his play he kept his head in the game. He didn't sulk, and when called upon in a critical situation kept the sticks moving with a tough 3rd down catch.

GBMelBlount
12-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Agreed.

1. As you've already stated it's only one week. Sanders has been very reliable for the most part as far as keeping drops and fumbles to a minimum.

2. Sanders was clearly devestated by his mistakes. Everyone handles adversity different, and I suppose it's unfair for us to judge players reactions. But I'm sorry, if a guy makes a critical game changing mistake I don't want to see him yukking it up on the sidelines or acting nonchalant. I'm not saying I want him over there bawling. But damn man if you screwed up at least show a little contritition, or at least don't look as if you don't have a care in the world.

3. He rebounded and made a crucial 3rd down catch after his earlair mistakes. Even though he was clearly upset with his play he kept his head in the game. He didn't sulk, and when called upon in a critical situation kept the sticks moving with a tough 3rd down catch.

^This

I like Sanders (and his attitude) and hope they lock him up long term.

43Hitman
12-06-2012, 06:54 AM
The NFL would rather the refs call that fumbled pass completion incomplete. At least according to these guys.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000106277/Official-Review-Week-13-controversial-calls

cold-hard-steel
12-06-2012, 06:59 AM
I give the guy a break,he made a mistake.Everyone has a bad day once in a while.Not like he does that all the time.Stand tall young man!

Count Steeler
12-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I like his attitude about the fumbled ball. However, that is 2 games in a row that he has had fumbles. Maybe the Cleveland game should just be a right off, but I hope he doesn't put one on the grass this Sunday.

tube517
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Sanders made a clutch catch in the drive after the Flaccid sack fumble. He'll be fine.

cold-hard-steel
12-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself from a hardcore,nitpickin,fanbase.Like i said,stand tall young man!We need you.

Edman
12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Sanders had a hard time, but his head is in the right place. I'm not going to get hard on him because he was surely disappointed with himself, and still kept at it. Moments like this are what seperate the Heath Millers from the Mike Wallaces. It's not about NOT making mistakes, it's how you react to your mistakes, Sanders never gave up and still kept his head in the game. He's gonna be fine.

He was trying to switch arms and the ball squirted out. In an attempt at good ball security (Which was likely coached to him in practice the week before), he fumbled. I can't put that on him. It's not like he was trying to fumble.

Craic
12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Agreed.

1 and 3 I agree completely with. 2 I don't, because there are a lot of guys that have learned that you have to completely shut it down when something like that happens, or it will eat at you. Especially QB's after an INT. I'd rather see a QB laughing afterwards while having a series of pictures in his hand so he can both relax and learn from what he did wrong. That's not to say I don't understand what you're saying about contrition. I definitely do. I just think the time for that is the same time for celebrating - after the game.

Either way though, good post. It's really good to see Sanders have a good year after his injuries.

steelreserve
12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Fine him, he's faking it.

HollywoodSteel
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't disagree with anything you guys are saying. I like Sanders, but aren't we forgetting that he had 2 big screw ups. After the fumble he also had a drop. It was the play that he took the big hit, but he had dropped it before any contact.