PDA

View Full Version : Suisham AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

stillers4me
12-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/shaun-suisham/1375892d-6f3e-462a-b784-4c6cd6bce2b2/) was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his outstanding performance versus the Baltimore Ravens in Week 13.

This marks the third time Suisham has been named Special Teams Player of the Week in his career and the second time this season (vs. Philadelphia, Week 5). Prior to that, Suisham was named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week in Week 9 of the 2007 season when he was a member of the Washington Redskins..........

Read more @
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Suisham-AFC-Special-Teams-Player-of-the-Week/aaeaeaf5-5270-4c51-9495-b888bdf74bd9

Count Steeler
12-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Congrats Swish! Keep up the good work.

Austin87
12-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Congrats!

GBMelBlount
12-06-2012, 07:05 AM
He is becoming Mr. Automatic (from inside the 50).

Sometimes the FO makes mistakes by keeping people too long and I thought perhaps they had in this case.

I was mistaken.

cold-hard-steel
12-06-2012, 07:10 AM
He is becoming Mr. Automatic (from inside the 50).

Sometimes the FO makes mistakes by keeping people too long and I thought perhaps they had in this case.

I was mistaken.

You mean La Machine? Are you Chuck?Hats off to the Redskins for cuttin him.

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2012, 01:58 PM
i cant believe im saying this after how much i hated him but he ought to be in the probowl conversation.

SMR
12-06-2012, 03:34 PM
KUDOS SWISH!!! You deserve it big time!!!!

zulater
12-09-2012, 07:35 AM
i cant believe im saying this after how much i hated him but he ought to be in the probowl conversation.

I'd give the AFC spot to Phil Dawson of the Browns at the moment. But just by a whisker. Like Suisham he's only missed one fg all year. But I give him the edge because he's 5-5 from 5o+.

Of course the argument for Suisham is that he's kicked 3 game winners and being on a playoff contender there's more pressure on him to make his kicks.

A perfect example of what difference pressure can make is ex Steeler kicker (Merry) Kris (miss) Brown. Anyway after Brown thankfully punked his way out of Pittsburgh he went to Texas. As long as the Texans were irrelevant and his kicks were pressure free he was lights out and performed as a All Pro quality kicker. But as soon as the Texans started to win games, and his kicks were potentially difference makers he started shanking them all over the lot.

Quite truthfully he may be the ex Steeler I respect the least.

Anyway back to Phil Dawson. I don't think this holds true of him. He could kick on my team anyday. And while neither he or Suisham will probably end up as the AFC's Pro Bowl kicker ( Scobee will get the vote) both are very deserving as of now.

steel striker
12-09-2012, 08:22 AM
WTG Shaun keep up the good work.