PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger to return and start against the chargers

polamalubeast
12-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Ben to return, Ike out at least two games with hairline fracture

The Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger to return and start against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, but they will be without cornerback Ike Taylor for at least two games and possibly longer, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.
Taylor has some form of hairline fracture in his lower right leg, an injury that occurred on the second play in Baltimore when he broke up a deep pass for Ravens receiver Torrey Smith.
He will be replaced by nickel back Cortez Allen, who had three passes defensed but also gave up two long passes, including a touchdown, against the Ravens.
Roethlisberger was not medically cleared to play against the Ravens – the third game in a row he missed with a rib and shoulder injury – but the Steelers intend for him to return to practice and start against the Chargers.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/89efaad4-f4ab-4e0a-ab58-9e2b8be69132/?source=twitter

This is a very good news if this is true in the case of Ben

Yes Batch has played very well against the Ravens, but this is important to not forget the two horrible games of the steelers offense before the last game

steelreserve
12-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Yes Batch has played very well against the Ravens, but this is important to not forget the two horrible games of the steelers offense before the last game

Don't worry, I don't think anybody is going to forget that. The sooner Ben can come back, the better. As long as he's not rushing things so much that he's ineffective himself.

ALLD
12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Part of the fumbles and bad throws/picks was that everybody was out of sync. If you are used to the way one QB throws and then you suddenly have to conform to the back up's tendencies and vice-versa, it could be problematic until the wrinkles get ironed out.

zulater
12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
My read is that it's still a coin toss proposition on whether Ben or Charlie starts. Until I see Ben's throwing with full velocity without pain I'm going to assume he's still out.

Moose
12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
My read is that it's still a coin toss proposition on whether Ben or Charlie starts. Until I see Ben's throwing with full velocity without pain I'm going to assume he's still out.

Agree ! Ben coming back too early isn't a good thing for us either. I guess we'll just have to have faith in the coaches.

Craic
12-04-2012, 01:37 PM

I agree - right up to the "without pain," part. I think a little pain and discomfort, they'll let go. Pain that hinders him is a different story however. Honestly, the playoff picture is still such a mess right now that it's anyones guess whether Ben coming back now or later is better for the team. I just hope they've taken all the proper precautions.

polamalubeast
12-04-2012, 01:42 PM
if the steelers lose with Charlie Batch vs SD and Roethlisberger could play, I'll be very frustrating and the steelers will be in trouble

fansince'76
12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
if the steelers lose with Charlie Batch vs SD and Roethlisberger could play, I'll be very frustrating and the steelers will be in trouble

Yep. That win against the Ravens goes right into the toilet if we lose to SD.

zulater
12-04-2012, 05:17 PM

If Ben can play at a reasonably high level he will play. But that's yet to be concluded.

And if Ben is out I expect charlie to step up again and do enough to beat a struggling Chargers team.

polamalubeast
12-04-2012, 05:23 PM
If Ben can play at a reasonably high level he will play. But that's yet to be concluded.

And if Ben is out I expect charlie to step up again and do enough to beat a struggling Chargers team.

I agree for Roethlisberger.....In fact,if Ben can play at a good level,he must play!

In the case of batch, I not think he will play well as the game against the Ravens, but if the steelers avoid turnovers, the Steelers have a good chance to win

I just not want to have a another ugly game as the game against the browns

zulater
12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Ben Roethlisberger improving
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8708358/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-strengthening-shoulder-source-says

Ben Roethlisberger is determined to do everything possible to return after missing three starts with rib and shoulder injuries.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback has been working to improve his strength and range of motion as the soreness in his shoulder and chest have diminished, according to a source.

Mike Tomlin and his coaching staff will determine over the course of the week whether Roethlisberger returns from a three-week absence.

Roethlisberger will attempt to demonstrate to the coaching staff that he's capable of making all of the required throws, something he failed to accomplish last week.

It seems practices Wednesday and Thursday will determine his readiness, and then everyone in the organization will be holding their breath the first time he takes a hit.

At his weekly news conference Tuesday, Tomlin said Roethlisberger will be given an opportunity this week to prove he's healthy.

"Ben is getting closer to healthy. He threw (Monday) and I guess it could be described as successfully," Tomlin said. "We'll see what it looks like on the football field (Wednesday). He will be given an opportunity to prove that he is healthy and we will let that progress go from there."

However, like last week, the team is proceeding with Charlie Batch as the starter for now.

"In the meanwhile Charlie is our guy and we'll prepare and plan with that in mind just like we did a week ago. We will continue to give Brian (Hoyer) some work if we can. The reps that we give Ben will primarily come from Brian," Tomlin said. "There won't be many opportunities for Byron (Leftwich) to prove that he is getting healthy even though he is."

cold-hard-steel
12-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Ben can sit out for the rest of the regular season for all i care,maybe come back for some time in the last game to get sharpened up a bit.I would want him at 100% for the play-offs.We are going to the play-offs bye the way.Charlie can get it done for us. I can smell the play-offs coming down.