PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed disrespects Charlie Batch

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch put together one of the finest games of his career as the soon-to-been 38-year-old quarterback threw for 276 yards and a touchdown in a 23-20 win over the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium.

So, of course, the hot topic in the Ravens’ locker room was how the third-stringer was able to perform so well against one of the top teams in the NFL.

The Ravens were complimentary of Batch, for the most part that is.

Perennial All-Pro and future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed, well, he said nice things about Batch, but also took a couple shots at him as well.........

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/12/02/ed-reed-disrespects-charlie-batch/

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like they've been taking lessons from their whiner headcoach. :upyours:

st33lersguy
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Typical of that organization

Count Steeler
12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Much ado about nothing. Heck, Woodley called out Flacco. I can just imagine some of the trash talking that goes on.

X-Terminator
12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Uh huh. And that, ladies and gents, would explain why Tomlin did what he did on the handshake, even if I still think it was a douchey thing to do.

tube517
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Much ado about nothing. Heck, Woodley called out Flacco. I can just imagine some of the trash talking that goes on.

Ed Reed called out Flaccid. :lol: Not really a big deal.

Stlrs4Life
He didn't really say anything bad about him.

Godfather
*cough*SCOREBOARD*cough*

Edman
12-02-2012, 09:28 PM

Woodley called out Flacco in the Offseason, Not after a loss.

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
*cough*SCOREBOARD*cough*

^^^^^^^^^^^

Devilsdancefloor
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
*cough*SCOREBOARD*cough*

QFT remember the raider game .... KARMA.... it is showing its ugly head

SteelerFanInStl
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
It wouldn't be the Ravens if they didn't make excuses after a loss.

SteelerEmpire
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Pollard: “He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard said.

Yep. Us too. Like Batch over throwing Wallace in the in-zone, Sanders dropped pass that would have resulted in a TD... etc...

I'm gonna step away from me being a Steelers fan and say that 'the best team won tonight' !

Craic
12-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Let's see:

When asked if he was surprised by Batch’s performance, Reed said: “It is not surprising at all … well, maybe a little bit.”

After last weeks game, who WASN'T surprised by his game today? Yeah, that's really "taking a shot" at Batch. No, that's just being honest, IMO. A first place team in a division should be surprised when a 3rd string QB beats them.

Just as Pollard said that, Reed, whose locker is next to Pollard’s and was getting dressed at the time, did the old pretend-like-you-are-coughing-but-saying-a-derogatrory-word-under-your-breath gimmick.“Bull(expletive),” Reed said trying to mask the comment with a cough.
Give Pollard credit because he kept on with his praise of Batch without even blinking an eye.
“He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard said.

Hmm, sounds to me that Reed was actually calling out Pollard--that they watched film of last week, decided that Batch couldn't beat them, and that they had to make sure the running game wouldn't win the game for the offense. And yes, they did let things get away. So did the Steelers in the last game. It's a cliche that became a cliche because it's the truth pretty much ever game.

This is much more than "much ado about nothing." This is asinine journalism by Kaboly.

It wouldn't be the Ravens if they didn't make excuses after a loss.

I didn't see an excuse in that article. Did you? I just see them being honest.

SteelerFanInStl
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I didn't see an excuse in that article. Did you? I just see them being honest.

Yes, from Pollard.
“He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard said.

That's saying that they beat themselves, we didn't beat them. That's making excuses in my book.

DarthSpartans20
12-02-2012, 10:48 PM
LOL. Half of the people on this board were calling out Charlie Batch. And now you guys are criticizing the Ravens for doing what half you did. Hypocrites.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
LOL. Half of the people on this board were calling out Charlie Batch. And now you guys are criticizing the Ravens for doing what half you did. Hypocrites.

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/genius.gif

Craic
12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Yes, from Pollard.
[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
That's saying that they beat themselves, we didn't beat them. That's making excuses in my book.

Funny, I thought when our guys say that, it's taking responsibility. I mean, they DID let things get away. A fumble deep in their own territory, letting the Steelers advance and eat up clock without stopping them on the last drive. Taking an injury time out within the two minutes and losing their timeout (and then the guy walking off the field, after they wasted a time out earlier in the half). How about the 15 yard roughing the passer call on the same play that included the injury timeout?

Sound like to me, they let things get away and had mistakes. We capitalized on them and won the game. Had the situation been reversed, we could have said the same thing with the interception, the overthrow in the endzone, the PI call, etc. Sorry, but I just don't see it flying under the "DISRESPECT!" banner, as much as I see us looking for reasons to call it disrespect.

- - - Updated - - -

:chuckle:

Welcome to the board, and make sure you put your big-boy pants on and take it like a man when they descend on you. You're right, by the way, but probably not the best way to make an entrance, IMO.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 11:07 PM
- - - Updated - - -

:chuckle:

Welcome to the board, and make sure you put your big-boy pants on and take it like a man when they descend on you. You're right, by the way, but probably not the best way to make an entrance, IMO.

haha don't worry about DarthSpartans20 he can hold his own when need be ...

he is from the same board Zu , Heinz Hitman , Hollywoodsteel , Hawkman , and myself come from ...

he will be just fine :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
12-02-2012, 11:10 PM

He's one of our own, so when some douchebag from another team takes shots at him, we're going to defend him because he's one of our own. The only thing that jackass has done in his career was take Marsha out in 2008. Other than that, fuck him.

fansince'76
12-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Pollard: “He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard said.

Yep. Us too. Like Batch over throwing Wallace in the in-zone, Sanders dropped pass that would have resulted in a TD... etc...

No doubt. If a healthy Ben starts that game, we would've probably kicked their asses by 3-4 TDs. Ditto for the last game we played against them as well. Hell, the only reason we didn't double up the score on them today is because of that gift Sanders gave them.

katmandu
12-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Uh huh. And that, ladies and gents, would explain why Tomlin did what he did on the handshake, even if I still think it was a douchey thing to do.What did Tomlin do ?

X-Terminator
12-02-2012, 11:40 PM
What did Tomlin do ?

See this thread and post:

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/15714-Did-anyone-see-Tomlin-and-Harbaughs-aftergame-exchange?p=339298&viewfull=1#post339298

pepsyman1
12-03-2012, 12:33 AM
To be honest, I was gonna post a thread yesterday to ask if any of you had noticed how differently the Ravens players have dealt with the press in regards to the Steelers this year. Most of them have gone out of their way to be quite respectful this year of the Steelers and the rivalry. I've heard a number of them interviewed on Sirius this year and have been quite surprised. That Ed Reed said "bullshit" under his breath after losing a tight game to their main rival, I gotta call that a complete non-story.

LLT
12-03-2012, 05:24 AM

And you are criticizing people...because they were criticizing people?

Thats brilliant.

Dwinsgames
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
And you are criticizing people...because they were criticizing people?

Thats brilliant.

not what he did at all my friend ,

he simply stated ( with a LOL starting it off )

that people here bitched about C.B. and then turned around and bitched that Ravens players did the same thing they did

circle jerk of condemnation that is hypocritical ... he was laughing , not complaining , he was stating the facts of what happened ..where did he criticize other than say it was being hypocritical ?

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DarthSpartans20http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
(http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?p=339527#post339527)LOL. Half of the people on this board were calling out Charlie Batch. And now you guys are criticizing the Ravens for doing what half you did. Hypocrites.

SteelerFanInStl
12-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Funny, I thought when our guys say that, it's taking responsibility. I mean, they DID let things get away. A fumble deep in their own territory, letting the Steelers advance and eat up clock without stopping them on the last drive. Taking an injury time out within the two minutes and losing their timeout (and then the guy walking off the field, after they wasted a time out earlier in the half). How about the 15 yard roughing the passer call on the same play that included the injury timeout?

Sound like to me, they let things get away and had mistakes. We capitalized on them and won the game. Had the situation been reversed, we could have said the same thing with the interception, the overthrow in the endzone, the PI call, etc. Sorry, but I just don't see it flying under the "DISRESPECT!" banner, as much as I see us looking for reasons to call it disrespect.

I never mentioned anything about disrespect in my post so don't go putting that on me.

On the rest of it, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Craic
12-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I never mentioned anything about disrespect in my post so don't go putting that on me.

On the rest of it, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

True, you didn't. On the rest, sure. I just see these teams being so even that in essence, the only way for one team to win, is for the other team to make a mistake. We beat ourselves the last two games by allowing a TD on a punt return and before that, Sqeeze'em missing a field goal.

Dwinsgames
12-03-2012, 12:16 PM
True, you didn't. On the rest, sure. I just see these teams being so even that in essence, the only way for one team to win, is for the other team to make a mistake. We beat ourselves the last two games by allowing a TD on a punt return and before that, Sqeeze'em missing a field goal.

this time Swiss Ham came through

Craic
12-03-2012, 12:18 PM
this time Swiss Ham came through

Really is a shame when I purposefully misspell the guy's name, and then accidentally misspell the purposeful mispelling.

Sqeeze'em missing a field goal.

Squeeze'em :doh:

fansince'76
12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Most of them have gone out of their way to be quite respectful this year of the Steelers and the rivalry.

Coulda fooled me...

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3761075/20121118_lbm_al8_433.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Count Steeler
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM
The Ravens were only being "respectful" because they thought they had finally found the formula to beat us. Now that they are reminded that they don't have our number, they revert to their suck ass best.

LLT
12-04-2012, 12:14 AM
not what he did at all my friend ,

he simply stated ( with a LOL starting it off )

that people here bitched about C.B. and then turned around and bitched that Ravens players did the same thing they did

circle jerk of condemnation that is hypocritical ... he was laughing , not complaining , he was stating the facts of what happened ..where did he criticize other than say it was being hypocritical ?

Looking back at the post...it actual does look as if he was saying it toungue in cheek, so I withdraw the comment. But I agree with the other posters in that "I have earned the right to make fun of my family...but those outside the family dont inherently have that right".

steeldawg
12-04-2012, 05:55 AM
I hope he did disrepect him, I love to hate the ravens and i want our players and coaches to hate them too. I wouldnt expect our dbs to praise flacco if he had just beat them.

GBMelBlount
12-04-2012, 06:06 AM
The Ravens were only being "respectful" because they thought they had finally found the formula to beat us. Now that they are reminded that they don't have our number, they revert to their suck ass best.

I agree.

If I am not mistaken our team started complimenting the Ravens before being utterly abused opening game last season.

As soon as I heard the niceties being uttered by Ward and others I was thinking to myself....uh oh....they think they have their number..

There is so much parity that losing your edge loses the game.

In fact sometimes going into the half down a few is arguably not a bad thing...

steelpride12
12-04-2012, 08:17 AM
The Ravens are not truly even a good team. Sure they beat us 3 times in a row before Sunday and were 9-2, but still just an above average team. You can't win SB's with a QB who only plays well at home I'm sorry, but that's not the right formula. If we had Ben 100% for both games there is no doubt in my mind that we would have easily swept them and Reed would still be blowing his mouth around as usual.

It's a hated rivalry of course they're going to say negative things. It's a head game.

GBMelBlount
12-04-2012, 08:55 AM
The Ravens are not truly even a good team. Sure they beat us 3 times in a row before Sunday and were 9-2, but still just an above average team. You can't win SB's with a QB who only plays well at home I'm sorry, but that's not the right formula.

If we had Ben 100% for both games there is no doubt in my mind that we would have easily swept them and Reed would still be blowing his mouth around as usual.

It's a hated rivalry of course they're going to say negative things. It's a head game.

You just never know. It could be argued the Ravens lost because knowing Ben was out they did not bring there "A" game.

...and I am not sure saying that the Ravens are above average yet not a truly good team in the same post makes sense.

They are a good team imo.