PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor has fibula injury, could be significant

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
The Steelers’ win over the Ravens may have come at a significant price.

Cornerback Ike Taylor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor), we’re told, has a fibula injury. He’ll have an MRI on Monday.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, there is concern that the injury is significant............

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

SteelerFanInStl
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
These injuries just never end.

Edman
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Injuries will not stop this team.

steelreserve
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't know what kind of fibula injury you could have other than a broken leg, so that sucks. Here's hoping it's the kind that can heal in 4 weeks so he has a shot at playing in the postseason. I'm glad our other DBs stepped up so big tonight. If they can keep it up, maybe this won't be a killer.

Count Steeler
12-02-2012, 08:13 PM
He's probably done for the season. Cortez has to step up. We get Troy back, so of course someone else has to go down. Frustrating, but the standard is the standard.

86WARD
12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
This sucks big time. Allen stepped up today and played well. Hopefully he can continue that...

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
UPDATE 9:15 p.m. ET: The source says that the preliminary assessment is that Taylor will miss 2-6 weeks.

zulater
12-02-2012, 08:25 PM
UPDATE 9:15 p.m. ET: The source says that the preliminary assessment is that Taylor will miss 2-6 weeks.

With 4 weeks left in the regular season. Yikes!

I liked the way Allen played today though. And Curtis Brown!!

Count Steeler
12-02-2012, 08:27 PM
2-6 weeks? That is a pretty broad range. Tells me that they don't really know what is wrong yet. I sure hope it is the 2 week version.

Devilsdancefloor
12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds like it your time to shine Cortez! lets not forget Brown is going to have to replace cortez in nickel, so he is going ot have to step up as well

oneforthetoe
12-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Ok who is the Steelers' fibula conditioning coach?

He should be fired.

SteelerFanInStl
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Time for the young guys to step up.

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
A fracture would have shown up in the locker room on the x rays. Sounds like maybe a bone bruise.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I have the utmost confidence in my boy Cortez , wanted him to win the starting job now held down by Lewis ( as it looks now there was no wrong decision to be made by the coaches ) both will be starting and both are playing well ...

sucks for Ike and sucks for depth , now Curtis Brown is going to have to step up as the nickle back and Van Dyke is going to have to be active on game days to be the dime defender ....

we just have to hope the latter 2 can hold their own in expanded roles ...

Van Dyke is a speedster can run with anyone , just hope he can do so without grabbing the jerseys and costing us penalty yardage

oneforthetoe
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll wait for the MRI on Monday. I still remember when Cowher had Chuki Okibi's(sp) career over at his post game presser, only to have him play the following week.

86WARD
12-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Could be seeing the future with Allen and Lewis out there?

Steelman
12-02-2012, 08:51 PM
I'll wait for the MRI on Monday. I still remember when Cowher had Chuki Okibi's(sp) career over at his post game presser, only to have him play the following week.

Been awhile since I've thought about Chucki. :chuckle:

I'm gonna call a bone bruise, but either I doubt we see him back til postseason. Young DB's will have to step it up like they've been recently.

salamander
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I mentioned something about that in the game day thread.

GBMelBlount
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
I have the utmost confidence in my boy Cortez , wanted him to win the starting job now held down by Lewis ( as it looks now there was no wrong decision to be made by the coaches ) both will be starting and both are playing well ...

sucks for Ike and sucks for depth , now Curtis Brown is going to have to step up as the nickle back and Van Dyke is going to have to be active on game days to be the dime defender ....

we just have to hope the latter 2 can hold their own in expanded roles ...

Van Dyke is a speedster can run with anyone , just hope he can do so without grabbing the jerseys and costing us penalty yardage

I really think Cortez has great potential as well...and as far as Van Dyke, the Steelers defensive coaching may be just what he needed...at least hoping...sometimes it is a matter of maturing and finding the right team.

Steeltreal
12-02-2012, 10:53 PM
More significant loss than No Troy IMO. Next man up, Curtis Brown

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 10:56 PM
More significant loss than No Troy IMO. Next man up, Curtis Brown

correction it will be Cortez Allen starting

katmandu
12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
These injuries just never end. Unbelievable past 2 seasons with these injuries! Worst I've seen the situation in 40 years!

Craic
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I mentioned something about that in the game day thread.

If they can hold up down the stretch, it'd sure make life interesting around here in the offseason. All of a sudden, DB's are no longer an issue for the draft.

Austin87
12-03-2012, 04:55 AM
Time to see what Cortez and Curtis are made off.

LLT
12-03-2012, 05:19 AM

I said as much at the beginning of the season....I love Allen's cover ability. We have some very good zone corners on this team...but Cortez may be our best man to man corner.

I was just thinking that they might move Josh Victorian up...but remembered they just let im go to sign WR Bert Reed to the PS. That is a shame....I really like Victorian in the preseason.

steeldawg
12-03-2012, 05:40 AM
We never catch a break

Count Steeler
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
We never catch a break

Trouble is we catch to many of them.

steelerdude15
12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I hope that Ike will heal quickly and fully. Other than a few bad plays from Cortez, he played great last night. His coverage was pretty damn good.

Craic
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Almost silly that Lewis, who has played outstanding this season, is almost unmentioned here comparatively.

I mean, since when did we have so much depth in the DB department that "next man up" literally means no drop off in production? This is the PITTSBURGH STEELERS DB CORP we're talking about. There are certain truths in the world of Steelers football that are inevitable - and the Steelers pass defense, specifically their CB's could always be counted on to blow important plays and give away a lead late in the game.

All I can conclude, is that this is a sign of the apocalypse. Maybe the Mayan Calender was right after all?

Count Steeler
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Almost silly that Lewis, who has played outstanding this season, is almost unmentioned here comparatively.

I mean, since when did we have so much depth in the DB department that "next man up" literally means no drop off in production? This is the PITTSBURGH STEELERS DB CORP we're talking about. There are certain truths in the world of Steelers football that are inevitable - and the Steelers pass defense, specifically their CB's could always be counted on to blow important plays and give away a lead late in the game.

All I can conclude, is that this is a sign of the apocalypse. Maybe the Mayan Calender was right after all?

The Lake Effect has taken effect.

Dwinsgames
12-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I said as much at the beginning of the season....I love Allen's cover ability. We have some very good zone corners on this team...but Cortez may be our best man to man corner.

I was just thinking that they might move Josh Victorian up...but remembered they just let im go to sign WR Bert Reed to the PS. That is a shame....I really like Victorian in the preseason.

what is that saying about great minds ?

- - - Updated - - -

The Lake Effect has taken effect.

this is true ... no ball goes uncontested is not just a saying , it is a reality ( finally ) ...

no they are not getting many picks YET but getting your hand on the ball is the first step