PDA

View Full Version : Play calling

GBMelBlount
12-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Not impressed.

It seems like we run or Charlie stands in the pocket WAITING for the play to develop

Why are we not utilizing short quick routes.

polamalubeast
12-02-2012, 04:52 PM
again,very difficult to be a good OC with Batch as QB.....Even Sean Payton would be bad

The importance of a good QB is underestimated in this forum by some people

Steeldude
12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Not impressed.

It seems like we run or Charlie stands in the pocket WAITING for the play to develop

Why are we not utilizing short quick routes.

The short routes are covered. At least that's what it looks like to me. The Ravens don't respect Batch's arm.

GBMelBlount
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
The short routes are covered. At least that's what it looks like to me. The Ravens don't respect Batch's arm.

I would think with Heath and 3 lightning fast receivers you would line up 3 or 4 wide and open up the field....even on running plays.

Steeldude
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
I would think with Heath and 3 lightning fast receivers you would line up 3 or 4 wide and open up the field....even on running plays.

It looks to me that the Ravens are crowding the short field. I don't think the Steelers trust Batch's arm either.

ALLD
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Batch has a jelly arm. He looks over the hill and can't make the throws or read down field.

...And you could paint his portrait in the pocket, he stands there so long like he is waiting for a taxi. throw the damn ball already.

GBMelBlount
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
It looks to me that the Ravens are crowding the short field. I don't think the Steelers trust Batch's arm either.

I think you are right.

Thankfully Charlie found his groove.

polamalubeast
12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
when the QB play great,the OC look often great!

zulater
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Basically today showed that putting the handcuffs on Charlie last week probably cost us that game.

GBMelBlount
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Basically today showed that putting the handcuffs on Charlie last week probably cost us that game.

You just never know Zu.

It was Charlie's first game in forever so I am sure he was a bit nervous and rusty last week.

I am just thankful he rose to the occasion today.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Best of the Batch today