PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall, Roethlisberger Amongst Today's Inactives.

86WARD
12-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Steelers inactives: QB Ben Roethlisberger (right shoulder), QB Byron Leftwich (ribs), OT Mike Adams (ankle), WR Jerricho Cotchery (ribs), OLB LaMarr Woodley (ankle), RB Rashard Mendenhall and CB DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Source: CBS Sports
(http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21233850/steelers-inactives-vs-ravens)

- - - Updated - - -

Ravens inactives: CB Jimmy Smith, CB Asa Jackson, DT Terrence Cody, OG Bobbie Williams, OG Ramon Harewood, WR Deonte Thompson, DE Pernell McPhee.

Source: CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21046511/ravens-inactives-vs-steelers)

Edman
12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Mendenhall is worse than in the Doghouse. He's on the Shit List.

He must've REALLY pissed somebody off in practice after his fiasco in Cleveland.

GodfatherofSoul
12-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Second that opinion. Going from 3rd string to inactive?

tube517
12-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Mendy went from the penthouse to the doghouse.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Mendy went from the penthouse to the doghouse.

next stop..... the outhouse

ALLD
12-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Mendy is all but gone. They aren't even going to have the chance to run the wheels off him.

86WARD
12-02-2012, 07:53 PM
next stop..... the outhouse

Been saying that since last season. I really never thought they would keep him and after this season, I'd be very surprised if they did. I'd actually rather have Wallace than Mendenhall if I had to pick one.

steelreserve
12-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Mendenhall has become all but irrelevant since we now have two other guys who have shown they can carry the load. Maybe more depending on how Rainey and Batch turn out. Just doesn't look like there's room for him next year, especially with cap space being at a premium.

Edman
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Mendy can sit out the rest of the season for all I care.

86WARD
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Staying on the bench this week too according to Tomlin...

Edman
12-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Tomlin has had enough of Mendenhall. And so has the team apparently. He may be our "best" back, but he has a ten cent head, and you can't fix a ten cent head. He still carries the ball away from his body and lacks the little things. This team has way too much stuff on it's plate (Cap Space) to keep wasting their time on a guy who is unwilling to give a crap anymore. A shame, because he was really good in 2009-2010 and looked like he had a bright future ahead of him. Dwyer and Redman are significantly less talented than Mendenhall, but they appear to give a shit when they stepped on the field. Dwyer especially has matured greatly.

Oh well. At least we got something out of him. Adios, Mendy. He can take Wallace with him as well.

Seven
12-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Since Mendenhall offers nothing other than being a featured back there just isn't any room for him on the gameday roster unless someone gets hurt. It might be a different story if he offered something in special teams or was even a far superior protector of the quarterback to the other backs but he just isn't. I think we may have seen the last of him in a Steelers uniform when he put it on the ground in Cleveland.

Psycho Ward 86
12-04-2012, 11:52 PM
funny how quickly a team turns on a player :lol:

Seven
12-04-2012, 11:58 PM
funny how quickly a team turns on a player :lol:

Do you really think it was quickly though? Seems to me this has been building for quite some time. At least this season. I guess in the grand scheme of things it seems quick, but if you look at the timeline I really think it was a calculated move. Mendenhall played poorly against the Ravens and saw split carries because of it, didn't respond well. Put the ball on the ground in Cleveland, didn't respond well - claiming he "did everything right" and just fell victim to circumstance when asked about the fumbles. Was demoted to third string, and apparently didn't respond well because he wasn't even active Sunday. Like I said, I think it was a pretty calculated move. Tomlin didn't sound optimistic about the chances of him seeing the field again anytime soon at the presser today, that's for sure.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Do you really think it was quickly though? Seems to me this has been building for quite some time. At least this season. I guess in the grand scheme of things it seems quick, but if you look at the timeline I really think it was a calculated move. Mendenhall played poorly against the Ravens and saw split carries because of it, didn't respond well. Put the ball on the ground in Cleveland, didn't respond well - claiming he "did everything right" and just fell victim to circumstance when asked about the fumbles. Was demoted to third string, and apparently didn't respond well because he wasn't even active Sunday. Like I said, I think it was a pretty calculated move. Tomlin didn't sound optimistic about the chances of him seeing the field again anytime soon at the presser today, that's for sure.

well not gonna lie, i sure missed him along with the entire fanbase when our running game looked like a damn joke the 1st couple weeks of the season. i wasnt crazy about mendenhall beforehand but i always felt that he was on the verge of having a truly indisputably great season. Heck, who wasnt excited after his appearance at the eagles game? Then most of us turned on him :lol:. Seemed pretty quick to me. i still think he's going to play better ball than he ever has before after this season, just not for us.

Seven
12-05-2012, 12:12 AM
well not gonna lie, i sure missed him along with the entire fanbase when our running game looked like a damn joke the 1st couple weeks of the season. i wasnt crazy about mendenhall beforehand but i always felt that he was on the verge of having a truly indisputably great season. Heck, who wasnt excited after his appearance at the eagles game? Then most of us turned on him :lol:. Seemed pretty quick to me. i still think he's going to play better ball than he ever has before after this season, just not for us.

I don't know, I could definitely see it - but to me that 2009 season is probably going to be tough for him to beat moving forward. He's already going to be 26 next year in a league where featured backs are a dying breed. It's hard for me to see him putting together another 4.6 YPC 1,100 yard season again. But who knows, he definitely has the skills to do it. I think he just needs to get his head right, but we can't afford to wait around for him to figure it out with a franchise quarterback who is in his prime looking for that third ring.

Seven
12-05-2012, 02:41 AM
I don't know, I could definitely see it - but to me that 2009 season is probably going to be tough for him to beat moving forward. He's already going to be 26 next year in a league where featured backs are a dying breed. It's hard for me to see him putting together another 4.6 YPC 1,100 yard season again. But who knows, he definitely has the skills to do it. I think he just needs to get his head right, but we can't afford to wait around for him to figure it out with a franchise quarterback who is in his prime looking for that third ring.

A ring he'd probably already have, were it not for a Mendenhall fumble.

zulater
12-05-2012, 03:58 AM
A ring he'd probably already have, were it not for a Mendenhall fumble.

That's unfair. There was plenty of blame to go around that game. While that fumble was a pivotal play, so was Ben's pick 6. And our db's barely covered anyone all game. We had our chances, and you can lament about certain plays. But it's not right to pin the loss on any one player or play.

steelreserve
12-05-2012, 04:15 AM
guess this goes to show
he shoulda humped Ben's leg one time less
one pump = accident, my bad
two pumps = ok, heat of the moment, shake it off bro, we cool
three pumps = WTF YOU ARE GAY

Seven
12-05-2012, 04:28 AM
That's unfair. There was plenty of blame to go around that game. While that fumble was a pivotal play, so was Ben's pick 6. And our db's barely covered anyone all game. We had our chances, and you can lament about certain plays. But it's not right to pin the loss on any one player or play.

Regardless of how many other mishaps the team made, it's not "unfair". Sure, the same thing can be said about the pick six or other mistakes that occurred in that game but at the end of the day if one of those turnovers don't happen the Steelers certainly have a great chance of winning that contest. I'm not blaming the entire loss on Mendenhall, but in an instance when we're speculating on the value of a player such as we are now it's absolutely fair to point that out.