PDA

View Full Version : Woodley out, Polamalu back for Steelers

Count Steeler
12-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Besides the headline that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been ruled out for Sunday's game at Baltimore, there was injury news for the NFL's top-ranked defense.

Here's the good: Troy Polamalu is expected back after missing the past seven games with a calf injury. The Pro Bowl safety is listed as probable.

Here's the bad: linebacker LaMarr Woodley is out with an ankle injury. He will be replaced by Jason Worilds.

The Steelers pass defense is ranked first in the NFL despite not having Polamalu. But the Steelers are hoping to generate more game-changing plays with him in the lineup. Polamalu is expected to play a "significant role," according to defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau. "I don't think he will be able to be out there every snap," LeBeau told reporters Thursday. "He is in good shape, but I think his football conditioning needs some development."

full story @ http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/60253/woodley-out-polamalu-back-for-steelers

GBMelBlount
12-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Wondering if he gets Calvin Johnson money for games he actually plays.

(I guess this could be said for both players)

Regardless, the standard is the standard and the D is going to need to turn in a stellar performance today.

steeldawg
12-02-2012, 11:56 AM
No woodley might actually help us today.

BlastFurnace
12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Sorry...but I don't look at Woodley on the bench as a loss. Wordlis is a better linebacker right now.