PDA

View Full Version : Unsung rookie has tough task for Steelers on Sunday

stillers4me
12-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Veteran offensive lineman Max Starks has 118 NFL starts on his resume, including two in Super Bowls XL and XLIII.
But even after eight years in the league, the Steelers left tackle remembers well what it's like to line up as a starter for the first time.

For Starks, it came in the first game of his second season in the league in 2005 against the Tennessee Titans. Now, Starks is the eldest statesman on the offensive line and in position to impart some wisdom to rookie right tackle Kelvin Beachum, who will be making his first career start in place of injured Mike Adams on Sunday at the Baltimore Ravens.

"We've talked a lot," Starks said. "I've given him a lot of advice already. I've told him there is no equation that will make him successful or unsuccessful. The biggest thing for him is to be mentally tough. The game will be tough. He has to have a short-term memory, move on from one play to the other whether it's good or bad and just play the game."............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/unsung-rookie-has-tough-task-for-steelers-on-sunday-664467/#ixzz2Dpl44yL0

GBMelBlount
12-01-2012, 02:46 PM
My heart is saying "Go get'em Beachum!"

However the rational part of my brain (which is very small) is saying "Oh Snap!"

Count Steeler
12-01-2012, 02:51 PM
My heart is saying "Go get'em Beachum!"

However the rational part of my brain (which is very small) is saying "Oh Snap!"

I'm hoping having the full week to prepare and knowing what he is up against will help during the game. I will expect 1 or 2 holding/motion calls and probably going to allow 1-2 sacks. Just hope he gets that mental toughness and starts to excel is his game.

Psycho Ward 86
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
theres a reason he's unsung

salamander
12-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Who knows, he may surprise us after having a full week of practice. The one thing that really sucks though is that we probably won't see Heath catching many passes tomorrow.