PDA

View Full Version : Steelers linebacker Harrison is heating up

stillers4me
12-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) linebacker coach Keith Butler has coached James Harrison enough to know when he isn’t healthy, and through the first month Harrison was on the field following knee surgery, Butler knew the All-Pro linebacker wasn’t fully recovered.

For a player who bases his game on power and leverage, Harrison had neither.

“If you can’t bend your knee … you don’t have as much power,” Butler said.

Slowly, the power has returned and Harrison is rounding into shape as the Steelers head down the home stretch in what has become almost a weekly must-win situation. ...........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3046750-85/harrison-butler-worilds-sacks-steelers-linebacker-game-knee-week-outside#ixzz2DpkbmHK0

Count Steeler
12-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Harrison will hopefully be more of an impact/splash player the rest of the way.

Steeldude
12-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I haven't seen it yet. He is still being stood up by the tackle. His knee does look better, but he is not even close to being the pass rusher he was before the injury/surgery.

Count Steeler
12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I haven't seen it yet. He is still being stood up by the tackle. His knee does look better, but he is not even close to being the pass rusher he was before the injury/surgery.

If all goes well, he should keep showing signs of improvement. Hopefully, if we do make the playoffs he will be at impact level, not just steady level.

steelreserve
12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Whatever he is or isn't accomplishing individually, the defense as a unit has been 100 times better since he came back. Some of that may also be due to getting that dingbat Mundy out of the mix, but I'm wiling to wager that Harrison's presence has helped a ton. His pass rushing may not be where it used to, but overall he does a hell of a lot better job at affecting plays than Worilds or Carter or whoever else they were throwing out there.

Dwinsgames
12-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Whatever he is or isn't accomplishing individually, the defense as a unit has been 100 times better since he came back. Some of that may also be due to getting that dingbat Mundy out of the mix, but I'm wiling to wager that Harrison's presence has helped a ton. His pass rushing may not be where it used to, but overall he does a hell of a lot better job at affecting plays than Worilds or Carter or whoever else they were throwing out there.

Harrison sets the edge as well as any LB in the game today , rarely does a RB get outside of him if he is free to rove

Devilsdancefloor
12-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Harrison sets the edge as well as any LB in the game today , rarely does a RB get outside of him if he is free to rove

QFT, now if he could just rub off on woodley a little more in that department, but i think worilds is coming along as expected

43Hitman
12-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Harrison has been playing better, especially since we haven't seen him dropping into coverage as much. His knee just isn't ready for that kind of lateral movement against the slot or quick TE's.

SteelerFanInStl
12-02-2012, 09:35 AM
QFT, now if he could just rub off on woodley a little more in that department, but i think worilds is coming along as expected

We'll find out today with Woodley out.

If we don't get pressure on Flacco today, we don't have a chance.

Seven
12-02-2012, 09:37 AM
It's obvious he's not the same pass rusher he was a couple of years ago, but he is playing better. However, if you pay attention to what this guy says through social media it seems like he's really beat up. Whether that's just the everyday effects of the game or something more, I'm not sure. But I think football has taken its toll on the dude.

XxKnightxX
12-02-2012, 09:42 AM

Woodley on the other hand....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Hopefully today is Jason Worilds coming out Party , the light seems to be slowly coming on this season , time to crank that generator up to full capacity and see what he has

Seven
12-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Hopefully today is Jason Worilds coming out Party , the light seems to be slowly coming on this season , time to crank that generator up to full capacity and see what he has

I've thought Worilds has been playing solid for a couple of seasons now. Haven't really understood the ciritiscism of him from the fanabse.

zulater
12-02-2012, 10:34 AM

QFT. It's no coincidence that our defense started to improve as soon as Harrison got back in the line up. Even though his pass rushing skills are no longer elite doesn't mean he's not one of the better OLB's in the league.