PDA

View Full Version : Jack Tatum Passes Away

fansince'76
07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Columbus, Ohio — Former Ohio State defensive back Jack Tatum died of a heart attack on Tuesday, 10TV Sports reported.

Read more: http://www.10tv.com/live/content/osufootball/stories/2010/07/27/story-ohio-state-football-jack-tatum-death.html?sid=102

:rip:, Jack.

Devilsdancefloor
07-27-2010, 01:03 PM
RIP jack!

venom
07-27-2010, 01:05 PM
People today still asking why he never made the Hall of Fame . R I P

memphissteelergirl
07-27-2010, 01:09 PM
He was one of those Raiders I loved to hate...but he was a fierce competitor. Have to respect that.

61 is way too young.

R.I.P.

HometownGal
07-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I remember The Assassin very well and though he was a real bastard on the field, I had mad respect for his talent and intense physical style of play (other than his hit on Daryl Stingly). :rip: Jack and prayers going up for your wife and children.

SteelCityMan786
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
RIP Jack Tatum.

SteelerSal
07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Sucks to see big named players from my childhood, pass away. RIP Jack....would of made a heck of a Steeler back in that era.

st33lersguy
07-27-2010, 01:52 PM
RIP assassin

Akagi
07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
What a ballplayer. RIP.

silver & black
07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
This news really ruined my day. Jack Tatum was my favorite Raider... still is.

I was fortunate enough get to meet him at the HOF game in 2006. He was just a great guy to talk with... soft spoken and kind. He was very accomodating to my wife and daughters, and he spent a little time talking old school Raiders with me.

Rest well Mr. Tatum... and thank you for making a Raider fan's day, a few years ago.

oneforthetoe
07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
R.I.P. Assassin.

X-Terminator
07-27-2010, 08:55 PM
I never got to see Jack Tatum play live, but everything I've seen and read about him...what a warrior he was. A no-holds barred approach to the game that exemplified the game back in those days.

:rip: Jack.

stillers4me
07-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Gone too soon. RIP.

The Duke
07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Damn, way too soon for such a legend. One of the few raiders I like. I would kill to have seen him play

RIP Jack

steelerdude15
07-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Rest in peace Jack.

Galax Steeler
07-28-2010, 03:28 AM
RIP Jack thanks for the memories.

memphissteelergirl
07-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I was browsing some other msg boards for their reaction...let's just say that most folks are not so sad about this news.

silver & black
07-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I was browsing some other msg boards for their reaction...let's just say that most folks are not so sad about this news.

That's because they are upset that he never played for their team... and the most glaring reason... they have no class.

fansince'76
07-28-2010, 07:41 PM

Not surprising, considering how many blubbering manginas there are nowadays who cry about Hines Ward's style of play - Ward's a pussycat compared to what Tatum was. I would imagine a lot of them probably thought he should have apologized to Darryl Stingley. For what, exactly? If anyone should've apologized to Stingley it should've been Grogan who hung him out to dry with a shitty pass.

BigNastyDefense
07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
That's because they are upset that he never played for their team... and the most glaring reason... they have no class.

EXACTLY.

Jack Tatum is one of my all-time favorite football players. He played for the Buckeyes, my favorite college football team. Then he played for the Raiders, one of my all-time most disliked (but respected) pro teams. He was one helluva football player and a monster hitter. You didn't go across the middle without getting laid out by him.

He was also a part of the greatest play in Steelers history, the Immaculate Reception.

:rip: Jack Tatum

silver & black
07-28-2010, 08:55 PM
EXACTLY.

Jack Tatum is one of my all-time favorite football players. He played for the Buckeyes, my favorite college football team. Then he played for the Raiders, one of my all-time most disliked (but respected) pro teams. He was one helluva football player and a monster hitter. You didn't go across the middle without getting laid out by him.

He was also a part of the greatest play in Steelers history, the Immaculate Reception.

:rip: Jack Tatum

It's nice to see the Steelers fans on this board giving a great player his due. I'm also a huge Buckeyes fan, and I remember "Crunch" with fond memories... as well as later when he played for my favorite NFL team as the "Assassin".

Great players are great players, no matter what team they play/ed for. Your Steelers have a whole slew of great players from the past... and some now, that I will have no problem recognizing when the time comes. Thanks for being classy, Steelers fans.

BigNastyDefense
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
It's nice to see the Steelers fans on this board giving a great player his due. I'm also a huge Buckeyes fan, and I remember "Crunch" with fond memories... as well as later when he played for my favorite NFL team as the "Assassin".

Great players are great players, no matter what team they play/ed for. Your Steelers have a whole slew of great players from the past... and some now, that I will have no problem recognizing when the time comes. Thanks for being classy, Steelers fans.

Great players are great players, and that's the damn truth. I hate Ray Lewis with a passion, but I will never say he isn't a great player (but Jack Lambert is the best MLB in the history of the damn game).

And you're welcome. For the most part, Steelers fans are classy.But everyone has their bad apples....except the Raiders, they are almost ALL bad apples! :-p

silver & black
07-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Great players are great players, and that's the damn truth. I hate Ray Lewis with a passion, but I will never say he isn't a great player (but Jack Lambert is the best MLB in the history of the damn game).

And you're welcome. For the most part, Steelers fans are classy.But everyone has their bad apples....except the Raiders, they are almost ALL bad apples! :-p
Naw... that's just a rumor. These days, we're almost ALL sour grapes! :wink02: