PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger visibly struggling to throw deep; Polamalu encouraged he’ll be back

stillers4me
11-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Ask Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) coach Mike Tomlin and his assistants how they determine when an injured player is ready to return, and they’ll offer this: “We go by what we see.”

Here’s what Mike Tomlin and offensive coordinator Todd Haley are seeing of Ben Roethlisberger in practice: Not much.

Here’s what Tomlin and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau are seeing of Troy Polamalu: Quite a lot but not enough for him to play full time..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3040006-85/roethlisberger-polamalu-practice-injury-haley-lot-isn-tomlin-steelers-thursday#ixzz2DfJ75Cd9

Count Steeler
11-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Might as well sit them both for another week. Make a big push for the last 4 games.

Dwinsgames
11-29-2012, 07:35 PM
http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/brick.gifnot sure I can sit through another game like the last 2 http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/duh2.gif

43Hitman
11-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I sure hope Hoyer is getting a lot more reps this week. Not sure if Charlie can handle to many hits from Suggs & Co. and with the oline shuffle starting to happen again, it could be another long day. I'm optimistic though that our D will come through big this week.

SteelerFanInStl
11-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Sit them both. Most likely we're not going to win this one anyway with all of the injuries. Not sure if I would bring Brown back yet either.

Let's get them all ready to play the last 4 games for the playoff push.

zulater
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Sit them both. Most likely we're not going to win this one anyway with all of the injuries. Not sure if I would bring Brown back yet either.

Let's get them all ready to play the last 4 games for the playoff push.

I get the feeling that we wont be seeing Ben for at least 3 more games.

The good news is that there's a possibility that's all we'll need. Win the last two games at home against the Browns and Bengals and you may just sneak in at 8-8. The more I look at the remaining schedules of the AFC Wild Card contenders the more likely I believe 8-8 will be enough.

SteelerFanInStl
11-29-2012, 09:00 PM

The good news is that there's a possibility that's all we'll need. Win the last two games at home against the Browns and Bengals and you may just sneak in at 8-8. The more I look at the remaining schedules of the AFC Wild Card contenders the more likely I believe 8-8 will be enough.

They did originally say that he'd be out 6 weeks minimum so I wouldn't be surprised.

It'd be tough to make the playoffs at 8-8 but I admit that I haven't looked at the schedules of the other teams.

GBMelBlount
11-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Zu

Perhaps.

However with our defense every game is our offenses to lose.

Turnover neutral and a good O line performance and we can beat Baltimore.

Dwinsgames
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
They did originally say that he'd be out 6 weeks minimum so I wouldn't be surprised.

It's be tough to make the playoffs at 8-8 but I admit that I haven't looked at the schedules of the other teams.

as an example the Colts have a pair of games vs the Texans yet on their schedule

zulater
11-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Perhaps.

However with our defense every game is our offenses to lose.

Turnover neutral and a good O line performance and we can beat Baltimore.

Baltimore is a different beast at home. In order to beat them without Ben we'd have to play a mistake free footbal game. And I don't think we've come close to a mistake free game eeven with Ben this year, so I just don't see that happening.

The Chargers in Pittsburgh is a possibility. But even then I'd say it's a long shot without Ben. We can't sustain drives, and if you gives Rivers enough chances he'll beat you.

Dwinsgames
11-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Baltimore is a different beast at home. In order to beat them without Ben we'd have to play a mistake free footbal game. And I don't think we've come close to a mistake free game eeven with Ben this year, so I just don't see that happening.

The Chargers in Pittsburgh is a possibility. But even then I'd say it's a long shot without Ben. We can't sustain drives, and if you gives Rivers enough chances he'll beat you.

I don't know ..sure he has the " pedigree to do so " but watching him he just does not look right , not the same player ...

I don't know if he has a shoulder issue or what but he lacks the same zip on the ball he had a couple years ago ....

I have only seen a couple games of him this year but I walked away unimpressed both times

http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/aha.gif

Craic
11-29-2012, 09:24 PM

It's be tough to make the playoffs at 8-8 but I admit that I haven't looked at the schedules of the other teams.

There's actually quite a few scenarios that put us in, and not really an upsets to talk about for that to happen either. It'd be easier if we also beat the chargers. But even if we lose that game, it is possible that we enter the playoffs as the fifth seed, provided the Titans can man up against the Colts next week. But for sixth seed, again, there's not too many (if any) surprises that need to happen.

zulater
11-29-2012, 09:26 PM
as an example the Colts have a pair of games vs the Texans yet on their schedule

The Colts are no cinch, but I still have them penciled in at 9-7.

The Bengals are at San Diego this week, are home against Dallas, then play at Pittsburgh and host the Ravens to finish the season. If the Steelers can beat the Bengals and they (Bengals) lose two other games the Steelers will get the AFC's final Wild Card berth. Unless the Chargers get to 8-8. They've already got 7 losses, but if they beat the Bengals and Steelers their rest of their schedule is pretty easy.

Craic
11-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Their a different beast at home, but their also a different beast this year. I agree that if our defense plays at its usual standard and our O line plays well, we could walk out with a victory.

zulater
11-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't know ..sure he has the " pedigree to do so " but watching him he just does not look right , not the same player ...

I don't know if he has a shoulder issue or what but he lacks the same zip on the ball he had a couple years ago ....

I have only seen a couple games of him this year but I walked away unimpressed both times

Truthfully the Steelers are probably going to need to find a way to beat the Chargers in order to gain a playoff berth. If they don't I suppose if they stole one in Dallas and win the final two home games, that could do it. But if we can't beat the Chargers at home I don't see much chance of beating the Cowboys in Dallas.

Dwinsgames
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Truthfully the Steelers are probably going to need to find a way to beat the Chargers in order to gain a playoff berth. If they don't I suppose if they stole one in Dallas and win the final two home games, that could do it. But if we can't beat the Chargers at home I don't see much chance of beating the Cowboys in Dallas.

you never know what your going to get with the Cowboys , one of the hardest teams in the league to figure out from week to week ... what Romo shows up is the key I guess , is it the guy who looks like he belongs in this league or the guy who tosses 4 picks in the first half ?

86WARD
11-30-2012, 10:42 PM
So what...Ben can't throw deep. Neither can Charlie Batch...

GBMelBlount
11-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Their a different beast at home, but their also a different beast this year.

I agree that if our defense plays at its usual standard and our O line plays well, we could walk out with a victory.

^^This.

The caveat is turnovers of course....

steeldawg
11-30-2012, 10:54 PM
^^This.

The caveat is turnovers of course....

we could but we gave themb a damn good defensive effort last time and it wasnt enough.As Zu pointed out we cant sustain drives without ben, its hard to win the field position battle like that.

GBMelBlount
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Which is why the point was made about the offensive line....and turnovers.

steeldawg
11-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Which is why the point was made about the offensive line....and turnovers.

No your right we are going to need turnovers or a big special teams play.