PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Pouncey could switch from center to guard

stillers4me
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
The Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/)’ offensive line has been so decimated by injuries that the team plans to move its All-Pro center to guard.

Maurkice Pouncey, who leads the AFC in Pro Bowl voting for centers, will shift to left guard for Sunday’s game against Baltimore if Willie Colon’s balky knee doesn’t show improvement.

Colon missed last week’s Cleveland game and didn’t practice Wednesday. He would only say that he’s taking the injury day to day.

Pouncey, a former first-round pick, didn’t hesitate when asked to make the move............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3033014-85/guard-pouncey-center-steelers-legursky-colon-week-move-game-offensive?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Stee lers+Stories%29#ixzz2DZK47IZC

Count Steeler
11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Looks like the coaches got a wake up call. Glad to see they are trying out different options.

Devilsdancefloor
11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
WOW! I dont know if i like it, but it makes a ton of sense, but do not like Beachum out their that means Heath will be helping him a lot

Dwinsgames
11-28-2012, 07:42 PM
so are we potentially looking at ....

LT Big Max LG Pouncey C Lego RG Foster RT Beachum or is Foster kicking outside and DeCastro going to play RG ?

Edman
11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
This game is going to be hilariously terrible.

86WARD
11-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Pouncey at G and Legursky at C >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Poncey at C and Legursky at G.

Pristas
11-28-2012, 08:24 PM
This game is going to be hilariously terrible.

I think it's a good move. Pouncey is a mauler. And Legursky has proven to be very reliable at center.

Dwinsgames
11-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Pouncey at G and Legursky at C >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Poncey at C and Legursky at G.

Lets just hope this is the backup plan and Colon is able to go ... I just do not like to much mixing up of the linemen , having 1 guy out of the starting lineup is enough ... if this all happens potentially only Starks will be in his normal spot ( that is if Foster kicks outside and DeCastro starts ) 2 guys out of 5 in their normal spot if Foster stays put at RG and Beachum starts at RT ...... whomever plays QB could get killed on a breakdown in protection from not knowing your job well enough .....

steelpride12
11-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Better having Legursky at center where he plays well than keeping him at LG and watching the OL crumble. It makes sense and Pouncey will hold his own just fine at LG.

Moose
11-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Batch is QB, looks like they are flipping for his protection. Legursky is okay at center and can hold'em, and Pouncey will do fine. Gotta have faith in the coaches.

BlastFurnace
11-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Better having Legursky at center where he plays well than keeping him at LG and watching the OL crumble. It makes sense and Pouncey will hold his own just fine at LG.

Agreed. I don't want to see Ngata throwing Legs around at guard again this year.

I bet Beachum is on a very short leash this week. If the 1st couple of drives don't go well, Foster will be at RT by the 2nd Qtr.

cold-hard-steel
11-29-2012, 09:46 AM
The "mach 5" strikes again. (LOL"

fansince'76
11-29-2012, 11:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auszi9bUr3o

:chuckle:

ALLD
11-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Last gasp attempt to salvage a season. This game will be a double flusher.

GBMelBlount
11-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I agree that Pouncey at guard is probably a better option than Bronco Legursky.

43Hitman
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Probably going to see a lot of stunts and defensive lineman for the Ravens just standing around trying to confuse the guys playing out of position. Could get ugly. I wouldn't be nearly as worried if Ben were healthy enough to play.

Craic
11-29-2012, 09:31 PM

There are no words to describe my rage

http://gifs.gifbin.com/480503758.gif

Craic
11-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Wow, I guess that killed the thread

Count Steeler
11-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Wow, I guess that killed the thread

Well, don't you feel it every time she kicks him?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, you should go post it in the Dwyer and Wallace threads and see what happens.

Craic
11-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Well, don't you feel it every time she kicks him?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, you should go post it in the Dwyer and Wallace threads and see what happens.

LOL ain't that the truth.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2012, 09:44 PM
But does it make sense to weaken two positions to strengthen one?

GBMelBlount
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Absolutely. It is a calculated trade off that should benefit us in aggregate. Not a double negative.

fansince'76
11-30-2012, 10:27 PM

Considering how badly Legursky plays at guard as opposed to how well he plays at center, yes.

Dwinsgames
11-30-2012, 10:32 PM

I do not thing that is a question that can be accurately answered until the game is over on Sunday , anything said now is purely speculative .....

consider this ... Pouncey plays well at LG but at some point in the game gets his knee taken out whereas if he had been at Center is never happens ... was it worth it ?

I know it is highly speculative and you can not play scared of the unknown but this could be a move that pays off well while it lasts but ends badly , he is going to be playing a different pos and Guard puts you at some different risks than he is used to facing at C ... 1 time is all it take to lack focus when your thinking the play is over and its not for that defender ....

I hope nothing goes wrong , and most likely nothing will but stuff like this always gets me a little on edge http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/nailbiter.gif