PDA

View Full Version : week 13: Baltimore Ravens(predictions)

polamalubeast
11-27-2012, 03:43 PM
if Roethlisberger not play, what is your prediction for this game?

Count Steeler
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I will NEVER verbally say the Steelers are going to lose. We will prevail!

Heinz Hitman
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
We will find out if this team does have any heart. After the loss we just experienced, they had better come out fighting with everything they've got. If they don't then throw in the towel.

zulater
11-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Honestly I doubt they'll win. I don't even think it will be close. But I'll watch all the same. To the end no matter the result.

I guess we'll find out who some of the bandwagon fans are this week. It doesn't matter if you don't believe. But if you jump ship or refuse to watch because you expect the result to be bad then you're a bandwagon fan. And if you're able and don't watch this game don't you dare jump on any fan who took the time to watch and possibly overreacts after the game. You lost that right the moment you decided the Steelers have to be good in order for you to take the time to watch.

BnG_Hevn
11-30-2012, 09:15 PM
I will NEVER verbally say the Steelers are going to lose. We will prevail!

Well, typing is not "verbal" so feel free. :)

HollywoodSteel
11-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Honestly I doubt they'll win. I don't even think it will be close. But I'll watch all the same. To the end no matter the result.

I guess we'll find out who some of the bandwagon fans are this week. It doesn't matter if you don't believe. But if you jump ship or refuse to watch because you expect the result to be bad then you're a bandwagon fan. And if you're able and don't watch this game don't you dare jump on any fan who took the time to watch and possibly overreacts after the game. You lost that right the moment you decided the Steelers have to be good in order for you to take the time to watch.

I get where you're coming from, Zu, but I don't entirely agree. I think it depends why you don't watch it. To me a bandwagon fan, by definition lacks passion for the Steelers and doesn't bleed black and gold. For instance I live in L.A. and I'm not a huge basketball fan, but if the Lakers are in the playoffs I'd be more likely to watch than otherwise. I guess you could call me a bandwagon fan, although maybe a real bandwagon fan is someone who claims to be more of a fan than he really is when times are good and loses interest when times are bad. But regardless, if I choose not to watch this game it will be for for the same reason I don't want to watch my kid get dental work -- not because I don't care, but because I'm not sure I can take it emotionally.

As far as your last two sentences, I agree with that. But I never jump on fan who reacts emotionally to a loss, especially on game day. I am one the worst violators on game threads.

Shoes
11-30-2012, 09:49 PM
May they fight like an injured grizzly....and win! I hope.... :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Any given Sunday.

salamander
11-30-2012, 10:15 PM
They're going to shock the world! :lol:

86WARD
11-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Ben or no Ben...loss.

oneforthetoe
11-30-2012, 11:58 PM
I have a feeling they are going to win. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling. I guess it is based on a couple of points.

We play better without Ben than most of us think. No we are not the same team without him, but we are rarely blown out of a game he doesn't play. Look Charlie played pretty poorly last week to say the least, but we still almost won despite 8 turnovers. I'll blame Charlie for two of those because he was pressing when we were behind. Second, I just feel like the Ravens haven't laid an egg for a while and I think they are due. If we can hold down Ray Rice, call me crazy (but not surly) but I actually think we can win.

Count Steeler
12-01-2012, 05:30 AM
It will be a much different Steelers team on the field this week. It is going to be tough to win in Baltimore, but we are not going to be upset with the way our guys play this week.

Here we go Steelers!

86WARD
12-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Super Bowl Weekend in Baltimore?

Shoes
12-01-2012, 09:19 AM

:chuckle:

Kittyfish
12-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I voted "ugly loss" because every time I feel hopeful in a situation like this, or when I feel really good about a game or when I really can't see losing no matter what I try to tell myself, as I felt in the SB vs the Packers... we lose. I am in actuality feeling slightly optimistic but am doing my best to quash those feelings. We Will Lose. Big Time.

I must put out an incredibly anxious vibe when watching football - I have a little pit bull/Dalmatian mix who gets terribly nervous and upset whenever I try to watch a game live, and she's my baby puppy so I don't like to put her through that. So I don't watch any game live per se; I listen to it on the radio (or, more accurately, on the computer). If we win, I will watch it and keep it for posterity. If we lose, I know how and what happened. Do I qualify as a fan? I'm not sure. :-)

tube517
12-02-2012, 02:53 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S_n-sLROa0A/Ts8ipBq33sI/AAAAAAAAAQk/30wzhT-lQjI/s1600/gatorade1.jpg

:jerkit:

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I am not touching this with a 10 foot pole .....

bet the over while there is still time

BlastFurnace
12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
John Harbaugh gets another Gatorade bath.

Ravens 20
Steelers 10

salamander
12-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Looks like 12 of us were right!

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 10:01 PM
I voted for the "shock the world" option......yeah me!
I lost the powerball twice this week....third time is a charm!

Count Steeler
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
That is why they play the games. Never give up!