PDA

View Full Version : Report: Steelers' Mike Adams to miss 'significant' time

polamalubeast
11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101684/article/report-steelers-mike-adams-to-miss-significant-time?campaign=Twitter_atl

fansince'76
11-27-2012, 11:09 AM
The good news just keeps coming...

polamalubeast
11-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Mike adams out. Beachum will start at RT

Edman
11-27-2012, 11:22 AM
I know I may catch hell for this...

Why can't it be the other Mike missing significant time? He could miss time and it wouldn't make a difference.

Seven
11-27-2012, 11:43 AM
At this point are we really overly concerned about the loss of Mike Adams? Of course it's never good to have a depth guy go down, but I've never cinsidered him to be the true starter this season. He can't pass protect at all and with the exceptions of a couple plays I haven't thought all that much of his run blocking, either. Not saying he won't develop but he's definitely still playing like a rookie - which is what Beachum will most likely play like, too. Regardless of which rookie right tackle was in there we are still going to have to give him help. And I actually thought Beachum played a nice game last week after he got those jitters out.

I think what we really need to do is hope DeCastro shows up big time in practice and forces his way into the lineup pushing Foster to right tackle.

Craic
11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
I know I may catch hell for this...

Why can't it be the other Mike missing significant time? He could miss time and it wouldn't make a difference.

I wouldn't say it wouldn't make a difference, but it would be a significantly less impact on our offense. Someone seriously needs to take a look at our training/nutrition/workout/etc. regimen(s) and fire some people if necessary.

I mean, it just seems like we have a significantly higher ratio of missed time due to injury in comparison to other teams every season.

steelreserve
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm really getting sick of this. Every week a different offensive lineman ends up with an ankle problem. Is the guy in charge of shoes and ankle tape getting high on the job or something?

tube517
11-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Gets old when your starting OL is a MASH unit every year.

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Mike adams out. Beachum will start at RT

dear god help us. do you have a link

Count Steeler
11-27-2012, 12:38 PM

I heard the press conference. Mike said it. I think there is a tweet in one of the other threads.

tube517
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/11/27/3697718/steelers-injury-report-depth-chart-roster-starting-mike-adams-status

Dwinsgames
11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
At this point are we really overly concerned about the loss of Mike Adams? Of course it's never good to have a depth guy go down, but I've never cinsidered him to be the true starter this season. He can't pass protect at all and with the exceptions of a couple plays I haven't thought all that much of his run blocking, either. Not saying he won't develop but he's definitely still playing like a rookie - which is what Beachum will most likely play like, too. Regardless of which rookie right tackle was in there we are still going to have to give him help. And I actually thought Beachum played a nice game last week after he got those jitters out.

I think what we really need to do is hope DeCastro shows up big time in practice and forces his way into the lineup pushing Foster to right tackle.

I agree with everything you said till the last line .... I think Beachum will play good enough with some help , he should be as good or better this week with increased reps ... Foster should stay at RG our line has had enough issue's without adding yet another new body IMO

NCSteeler
11-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't say it wouldn't make a difference, but it would be a significantly less impact on our offense. Someone seriously needs to take a look at our training/nutrition/workout/etc. regimen(s) and fire some people if necessary.

I mean, it just seems like we have a significantly higher ratio of missed time due to injury in comparison to other teams every season.

The problem with trying to blame conditioning and not bad luck is that our guys aren't down with gimpy hamstrings or sore groins. Most all of the injuries were seeing are in game incidents, pretty hard to train your way out of a twisted ankle or tore knee ligament from impact

Count Steeler
11-27-2012, 01:53 PM
The problem with trying to blame conditioning and not bad luck is that our guys aren't down with gimpy hamstrings or sore groins. Most all of the injuries were seeing are in game incidents, pretty hard to train your way out of a twisted ankle or tore knee ligament from impact

Should go back to more padded practices.

Dwinsgames
11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Should go back to more padded practices.

if only we could ..........

Count Steeler
11-27-2012, 02:01 PM
if only we could ..........

That has to be one of the dumbest moves on the part of the NFLPA, which I assume pushed for this new rule. Just seems to me that we have had more injuries doing it this way. AND the quality of defense in general around the league has suffered. Just unbelievable the poor tackling around the league. That is why the 49ers, the Bears and the Steelers stand out. They CAN still tackle.

Dwinsgames
11-27-2012, 02:10 PM
That has to be one of the dumbest moves on the part of the NFLPA, which I assume pushed for this new rule. Just seems to me that we have had more injuries doing it this way. AND the quality of defense in general around the league has suffered. Just unbelievable the poor tackling around the league. That is why the 49ers, the Bears and the Steelers stand out. They CAN still tackle.

it was the NFLPA who bargained for that change and to a point I can understand why but they where IMO short sighted in doing so and failed to look at the big picture , the league on the other hand was all to eager to give in because Offense sells tickets in most NFL cities and revenue is the name of the game , for me 45-42 does not get me excited to go watch the game an hour from home in the cold ...

I have not been to a game in several years and I am less and less likely to do so moving forward because of how much the game has been changing ... Last game I was at in person was in 3 rivers , had baseball press box seats right behind the end zone midway up the uprights dead center .... was warmer because of the walls and glass , they brought us a box lunch and a play by play sheet at the end of each quarter , we beat the Houston Oilers in the waning moments of the game Warren Moon almost got them the victory but the FG attempt right in front of me was wide right !!!