PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger 'going to try' to play against Ravens on Sunday

polamalubeast
11-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Week 13's a big one for the Steelers: they play the Ravens for the second time in three weeks, with any hope of winning the AFC North on the line. A loss would also send them to .500 and potentially move them out of a very tight playoff race.

Which is why it would be lovely for Pittsburgh to have injured quarterback Ben Roethlisberger back under center. And Ben said he's "going to try" to play.

"I'm going to try," Roethlisberger said, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "It's killing me to watch."

Of course, it's one thing to "try to play" and an entirely different one to actually get medically cleared and back on the field. Roethlisberger probably tried to play the last two weeks. But, considering the life-threatening potential for his rib injury, there's no way that Pittsburgh would let him.

In two games without Big Ben, the Steelers have scored all of 24 points -- seven came on a defensive touchdown. Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch have combined to complete 38 of 73 passes for 400 yards, zero touchdowns and four interceptions. The offense is completely stalled, and there's no real reason to think it'll suddenly turn around, even if the running backs stop fumbling six times a game.

Pittsburgh can keep things close without Ben, as long as their defense is playing at a high level. But the idea that they can get back to the postseason without him for any extended stretch is laughable. And that's exactly why he's so desperate to get back on the field.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21143186/ben-roethlisberger-going-to-try-to-play-against-ravens-in-week-13

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Lol which means he's clearly playing.

tube517
11-26-2012, 07:21 PM
"It's killing me to watch 2 injury prone dinosaurs try to play QB."

Fixed your quote, Ben.

Edman
11-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Lol which means he's clearly playing.

Which means he'll likely re-aggravate his injury and sit out even more, flushing our season down the toilet.

DarthSpartans20
11-26-2012, 07:54 PM
How effective could he really be two weeks removed from a fractured rib??

Craic
11-26-2012, 08:35 PM
"I'm going to try," Roethlisberger said, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "It's killing me to watch."

You know . . . with the type of injury he has, this is the LAST phrase I ever wanted to read. And no, I'm not trying to be funny. I really am worried that it will actually kill him to play, rather than metaphorically kill him not playing.

salamander
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
PLEASE, Steelers... don't let Ben play if he's not fully healed yet. The last thing we need is to have something serious happen to him.

polamalubeast
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I want that Ben plays vs Baltimore, but of course, Ben must not play if this is dangerous for his life

Shoes
11-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Save rat revenge for next year, Ben. Enjoy your wife and new son.

Craic
11-26-2012, 10:28 PM
PLEASE, Steelers... don't let Ben play if he's not fully healed yet. The last thing his wife and new child needs is to have something serious happen to him.

Fixed it for you Nepa . . . I figured you'd probably agree with it anyway.

zulater
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
You know . . . with the type of injury he has, this is the LAST phrase I ever wanted to read. And no, I'm not trying to be funny. I really am worried that it will actually kill him to play, rather than metaphorically kill him not playing.

Preach, if there was any real danger of that happening the Rooney's, and the league will prevent him from taking the field. Trust me. With all the lawsuits flying around you can bet the league will want to see the x-rays and have an independent doctor determine if there is any extra risk of a life altering/ ending injury occuring on the field. And the same goes double for the Rooney's. You think the Steelers want to go foward as the team that allowed a player to rush back to the field to save a season only to needlessly lose his life due to an injury that wasn't healed? Those 6 Lombardi's would be forever tarnished. And oh yeah, don't forget Ben's a new father, and still relatively speaking a newlywed. There's no way he personally would take the field this year if he thought his very life would be at risk. ( or at least any more than any other player on the field)

If and when Ben takes the field again this season, I wont guarantee he'll be 100% healthy. There could be some lingering range of motion or soreness issues still in evidence. But he wont be at any risk of losing his life due to a pre existing condition. There's no way the powers that be would allow it!

fansince'76
11-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Preach, if there was any real danger of that happening the Rooney's, and the league will prevent him from taking the field. Trust me. With all the lawsuits flying around you can bet the league will want to see the x-rays and have an independent doctor determine if there is any extra risk of a life altering/ ending injury occuring on the field. And the same goes double for the Rooney's. You think the Steelers want to go foward as the team that allowed a player to rush back to the field to save a season only to needlessly lose his life due to an injury that wasn't healed? Those 6 Lombardi's would be forever tarnished. And oh yeah, don't forget Ben's a new father, and still relatively speaking a newlywed. There's no way he personally would take the field this year if he thought his very life would be at risk. ( or at least any more than any other player on the field)

If and when Ben takes the field again this season, I wont guarantee he'll be 100% healthy. There could be some lingering range of motion or soreness issues still in evidence. But he wont be at any risk of losing his life due to a pre existing condition. There's no way the powers that be would allow it!

Yep. Just look at the precautions they still take with Ryan Clark when the Steelers come to Denver to play. I think Tomlin would nip it in the bud if it were a real possibility he'd be risking his life by playing - it probably wouldn't even get to the Rooneys or the league.

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Chris Mortensen from espn says he talked to the doctors and they said the rib has healed to the point where he isnt at risk for further damage.

Craic
11-26-2012, 11:56 PM

Yeah, but you forget. Ben's a drama queen that got injured on purpose so that the Steelers would lose the last two games. Now, with four left, he's planning on coming back in without a back up QB to speak of (his idea all along), and play with his "life on the line" as people would think, just so that he can then eek the team into the playoffs in the number six position. Then, after the last game, he'll reveal that the ribs were re-injured to up the drama. He might even have a broken thumb or toe by that time.

After all of that, he'll start out in the playoffs slowly, throwing an INT or two just to put us behind, because it's always more dramatic to lead a comeback win. Everything'll be going well through the next few games until the week before the Superbowl, when it's revealed that he broke curfew, taking his lineman out to the Chuck E. Cheeze after-hour all night party where he may or may not have had a beer while sitting with some unknown rodent with an overly large plastic nose.

Of course, it's all staged for another heart-stopping superbowl game with a come from behind victory after he broke 203 bones in his body.

Come on Zu, you have to learn how to interpret these things properly.

Crow-Magnon
11-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Serious question: this is the second season in a row where Roethlisberger has missed games due to injury. I know he was having a great year up to the Chiefs game, but do you think his years of sticking in the pocket and taking shot after shot is finally taki.g its toll on his body?

Count Steeler
11-27-2012, 04:43 AM
Serious question: this is the second season in a row where Roethlisberger has missed games due to injury. I know he was having a great year up to the Chiefs game, but do you think his years of sticking in the pocket and taking shot after shot is finally taki.g its toll on his body?

Absolutely. There is only so much punishment the body can take, and he set a record (I believe) on number of sacks for his career and he still should be able to play another 5 or 6 seasons (given his age). Some of those hits are attributable to his playing style, but mainly, we have had a poor O Line for most of his playing days with the Steelers.

zulater
11-27-2012, 04:59 AM

His last 2 injuries had nothing to do with accumulative hits and as little to do with age. The high ankle sprain would have gone down the same at any point in his career giving the torque that was applied to that joint. If anything it's a tribute to Ben's sturdiness that he didn't break the ankle.

And the double whammy shot against the Chiefs that put him out this time was just one of those things in my opinion. Just a perfect storm hit that would result in serious injury to any qb in the league.

Sometimes you just get a spell of bad luck.

steelpride12
11-27-2012, 08:15 AM
I understand where the doctors and Ben are coming from in a way, but still disagree. Obviously his rib has healed to the point where it is safe to play, but there is no way in Hell Ben is 100% or even close! Why risk him going down for the season def. when we have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs even if we lose to the Ratbirds?! There has to be some "smart" thoughts going through the coach staffs heads and medical staff. I know they want to win and the Ratbirds game is a huge one, but safety always comes first, def. when it's your $100 million dollar QB.

stillers4me
11-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Even if he does play, Ben usually plays like shit coming off an injury. And I say that with all due respect. The guy is tough as nails and I'll take him over anybody but right now it seems to be a pain tolerence issue. And he's going to try way too hard because we are backed into a corner.

How effective could he really be two weeks removed from a fractured rib??

It was dislocated, not fractured.

BlastFurnace
11-27-2012, 09:25 AM

I'd rather him sit as well for the same reason. The Aorta is nothing to play with. My brother-in-law suffered a burst Aorta and was dead instantly. If that rib punctures that aorta...I don't even want to think about it.

Baltimore always likes to give him that extra umph on their hits.

tube517
11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Just come back when fully healed and cleared. It's just a football game. After all, the OL is making the annual MASH unit comparisons now

Dino 6 Rings
11-27-2012, 09:49 AM
stupid if he plays, if it means he can get re-hurt and ruin our chances at a playoff run. we still have the Bengals head to head so we can fight them off for the last wild card spot later on. Makes more sense to go into Baltimore now, and just try to knock their teeth out of their mouth with hard hits and brutal play, without Ben, and not worry about the score board, soften them up for the playoffs, cause we may see them again.

steel striker
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Plus we all know the ravens will now be trying to hit him in the ribs. God I hope Ben can't do anymore harm to this injury.

polamalubeast
11-27-2012, 10:59 AM
If the steelers waiting for Roethlisberger to be 100% healthy to play Ben, the season will be over

I'm sure Roethlisberger was not 100% healthy in 2005,2008 and 2010 in their super bowl run

In football(and the other sports), you have to play if you can, even when you are injured

polamalubeast
11-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Tomlin will judge Big Ben with his own eyes: must prove in practice "he's capable."

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSSteelers/status/273475886634893313?p=v

Dino 6 Rings
11-27-2012, 11:24 AM
its sad that a broken ribs Ben would even have to play in a game because our depth at back up QB is that pathetic.

BnG_Hevn
11-27-2012, 11:54 AM
If the steelers waiting for Roethlisberger to be 100% healthy to play Ben, the season will be over

I'm sure Roethlisberger was not 100% healthy in 2005,2008 and 2010 in their super bowl run

In football(and the other sports), you have to play if you can, even when you are injured

The player has to play "If he can play effectively". Too many times starters will start and ruin the chances to win.

I'm on the train to sit Ben. Unless he is 85% or better, sit him. The first game against Ratbirds was MORE than winnable. The Steelers can beat them without Ben.

I'm putting all 16 confidence points in Yahoo Pick'em league on the Steelers.

BlastFurnace
11-27-2012, 12:10 PM
We don't have to win this game to make the playoffs. The division is gone. Congratulations Ravens on another Regular Season Championship.

The playoff run really begins next week for the next 4 games. Win the next 4, the Steelers are in. I'd rather have Ben one more week healthier than get him beaten up against the Ravens this week....and you know they will take their shots at him.

Steeldude
11-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Have BR dress, but do not start him.

polamalubeast
11-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Steelers Depot: Ben Roethlisberger Still Unlikely To Be Ready To Play Against Ravens

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/ben-roethlisberger-still-unlikely-to-be-ready-to-play-against-ravens/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Moose
11-27-2012, 02:43 PM

Excellent reply !! I know Ben's injury is serious, but come on people, as was said, if it can be life ending he would be OUT of football. There are many, many injuries that could 'kill' you on the football field, hell any sport as injuries that are lurking out there that could kill you. As Zu said, the Rooney's aren't going to let Ben take the field if a hit will kill him. A hit on a WR could kill, a hit on a RB could kill. I'm not being cold by any means, just realistic. Sports can be dangerous. I'm getting a little tired of all the Ben hype. Rest, get healed, or retire. When Ben is healed he should return.

fansince'76
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Ben starting at least gives us a CHANCE to win. If Batch starts, I'm probably not going to even bother watching/listening to the game myself, because it's just going to be a repeat of the last two games. The defense will keep us in it and the offense won't be able to do shit besides trip all over themselves and we'll wind up losing by 3-7 points.

Moose
11-27-2012, 03:03 PM
The defense will keep us in it and the offense won't be able to do shit besides trip all over themselves and we'll wind up losing by 3-7 points.

Losing by 3-7 points ? You did mean 3-7 TDs didn't you ? You did watch our offense in Cleveland, didn't you ??? LMAO Our defense maybe holds their offense, but the scoring their defense does against our offense is what scares me.

fansince'76
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Losing by 3-7 points ? You did mean 3-7 TDs didn't you ? You did watch our offense in Cleveland, didn't you ??? LMAO Our defense maybe holds their offense, but the scoring their defense does against our offense is what scares me.

Our defense has been playing really well lately, so I don't think we'll get blown out. That's the only reason. I'm PRAYING that Ben can go Sunday.

Edman
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Ben starting at least gives us a CHANCE to win. If Batch starts, I'm probably not going to even bother watching/listening to the game myself, because it's just going to be a repeat of the last two games. The defense will keep us in it and the offense won't be able to do shit besides trip all over themselves and we'll wind up losing by 3-7 points.

A Hobbling Ben is just as useless as Ben being on the sideline. We thought we had a "chance" against San Francisco and we ended up with no chance. Ben got hurt more and never recovered. We got ousted weeks later. It didn't even matter.

Save Ben for the stretch run and more than likely we'll be paying back Baltimore double time with interest in January. Let them crow their regular season wins and regular season championships, we'll just end their season again. It's all about the playoffs, and anything can happen, it's all about getting a groove at the right time.

Baltimore may have a stranglehold on the North, but they haven't exactly proved they're head and shoulders above the Steelers. If the Steelers give them a hard time Sunday, it will only reconfirm that despite their great record, they're not a dominant team. I could be wrong, but we'll see. If the Steelers get drubbed, then I'll gladly recant my statement.

tube517
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Well, Gilbert's on IR, but does Beachum become the next tripper?

polamalubeast
11-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Our defense has been playing really well lately, so I don't think we'll get blown out. That's the only reason.

Our defense play great right now,but the problem is that our offense is a turnovers machine right now:frusty:

fansince'76
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
A Hobbling Ben is just as useless as Ben being on the sideline. We thought we had a "chance" against San Francisco and we ended up with no chance. Ben got hurt more and never recovered. We got ousted weeks later. It didn't even matter.

I see your point, but he won't really be hobbling from this injury as it's not a problem with his legs. If he can throw effectively, and for the most part, without pain, he should be able to elude rushers a lot more readily than he was able to in the Niners game last season.

Again, I am PRAYING he can go on Sunday.

Moose
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Save Ben for the stretch run and more than likely we'll be paying back Baltimore double time with interest in January. Let them crow their regular season wins and regular season championships, we'll just end their season again. It's all about the playoffs, and anything can happen, it's all about getting a groove at the right time.

Baltimore may have a stranglehold on the North, but they haven't exactly proved they're head and shoulders above the Steelers. If the Steelers give them a hard time Sunday, it will only reconfirm that despite their great record, they're not a dominant team. I could be wrong, but we'll see. If the Steelers get drubbed, then I'll gladly recant my statement.

You're exactly right. I definitely agree that Balt. isn't an elite team, nor do I think they will go far in the play-offs. They won a lot of games that they shouldn't have. Just lucky win's, but that's what good teams do. Balt. is good, not great, and are definitely beatable. We should have beat them...but didn't. And that has come back to haunt us, which I figured would. Tenn. game, Oakland game, and now Cleveland is haunting us. Look what our record would be if we played as we should have and won those games, first off, we wouldn't be having this conversation. As I always said, with a 16 game season every game is a must win ! But, that's all history and ' what ifs', and in our present situation with Ben and our win/loss record is it worth hurrying Ben back ? Tough decision. The wild card situation is going to be in other teams hands. A lot of other teams are going to have to lose for us to make it in the play offs, and is a 1 and out worth hurting anyone over ?

Dwinsgames
11-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Moose we hold our own destiny in our own hands ... we are currently on the inside looking out , not the outside looking in ... we take care of our own business and it does not matter what other teams do ... we need no help at this point as long as we control what we can control ...

if we fail to take care of business then we may need some help but until that time presents its self we are in control of our own destiny

Moose
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Dwinsgames I understand what you are saying and yes, right now we are on the inside looking out as far as wild card. But with Ben out against the rat's and Batch in, it's pretty much a tough situation that we win. Injuries are there and I just hate bringing player's in then get hurt. I hate saying it, but I see the bungholes jumping the Steeler's and getting the wild card.

Dwinsgames
11-27-2012, 04:21 PM
time will tell

- - - Updated - - -

keep in mind the colts have no easy path ahead either and will be dropping some games

86WARD
11-27-2012, 07:20 PM
#3 QB Sunday. Waste to play.

Seven
11-27-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't believe he should play. If he comes back a week from now reasonably healthy we have a very good shot at the postseason. If he comes back way too early to try and beat the Ravens (I know you guys don't want to hear this but it's not a must win) and goes down for good our chances of a run are over. You would think the coaching staff would have learned their lesson from last year at San Francisco.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-28-2012, 01:28 AM
this has the feeling of last years Niners game. If he doesn't think that someone isn't going to drill him into the ground on his shoulder then he is mistaken. He needs to sit his ass down.

zulater
11-28-2012, 06:54 AM
If Ben thinks he can go, and if he proves to the coaches he can play then play him. But you spell it out to both Ben and Haley that you run plays that limit Ben's risk of reinjury. Also if the Ravens get more than two scores up, which would neccissate abandonment of the run then you get Ben out and put either Batch or Hoyer in. We can't do like we did in last year's season opener and let Ben get beat like a pinata long after the result has been determined.

In other words you can't play scared in this league. Truth be told the Ravens are very average when it comes to rushing the passer this season. If you're scared to play Ben agaoinst them and he's reasonably healthy, then you might as well just shut him down for the season.

Haley's devised an offense that does a pretty good protecting Ben. If we use the same sort of game plan that we used @ the Bungholes and Giants ( both teams statistically have better D's than the Ravens) Ben can be productive while not being overexposed.

One of the reasons I think things blew up against the Chiefs was because of the weather that night. Did you watch the kicks all night that game? Basically the Chiefs didn't have to respect the downfield pass, because swirling winds virtually eliminated any chance they would work. Then you take out 84 (AB) and the intermediate routes have been compromised. So they could get away with selling out to stop the run.

Anyway if the weather's favorable and Ben shows he's ready. Go for it! How great a statement would it be to take down the Ravens in Baltimore? Even if we don't catch them to win the division we would serve notice to everyone that we're a team to be reckoned with. Most important that message would reverberate through our own locker room. And if we get healthy and confident we're as good as anyone in this dam n league! Either conference!

zulater
12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21231665

Roethlisberger cleared to practice fully on Friday, chose not to
By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger surprised some teammates and frustrated others by not pushing to practice more this week, according to sources with knowledge of the situation, as he recovered from a shoulder sprain. Many in the organization thought Roethlisberger would face the Ravens on Sunday in Baltimore after suffering the injury more than two weeks ago; he was cleared medically to do as much as he wanted this week, sources said, but did little besides throw the ball on the sidelines.

On Friday, with Roethlisberger having yet to perform much in practice, coach Mike Tomlin informed Roethlisberger he would have to practice fully Friday to play, sources said. Otherwise, he would be ruled out on that day's injury report. In the past, some injury situations with Roethlisberger have lingered into the weekend, complicating preparations for the fill-in starter. In 2009, for instance, in an eventual loss at Baltimore, backup Dennis Dixon was not certain he would be starting until the day before the game. Tomlin wanted to avoid such a situation here. Roethlisberger has told some he was unable to throw the ball, but sources said he was not being held back by team doctors and was given clearance to practice fully.

This is not the first time there has been something of a disconnect between Roethlisberger and the team over a medical situation. He previously talked about a potentially life-threatening rib injury but has been listed on the injury report only with a right shoulder problem.

The two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback's cautious approach to a return has led to frustration among some teammates, given the Steelers' 6-5 record and tenuous place in the playoff race. But the issue is not expected to be major going forward. The current expectation is that Roethlisberger will do more in practice this week and play in Week 14, against the Chargers at home.

Shocking! A national reporter trying to portray a divide between Ben ahd his teammates! :sarcasm:

Seven
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
All I've been hearing this week is that Ben's arm strength isn't there. He's absolutely right not to play and risk further injury if that's true.

siss
12-02-2012, 12:35 PM
perhaps this injury tok a mental toll on him and he isn't ready to test the arm...perhaps...

zulater
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM
perhaps this injury took a mental toll on him and he isn't ready to test the arm...perhaps...

If he can't throw with velocity then what's the use of him playing anyhow? While I'm sure there are some teammates frustrated, I doubt their frustration is with Ben so much as it is with the situation.

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 01:07 PM
There's no chance in hell that Ben is able to play, but chooses not to.

Anybody that follows this team knows how much of a competitor Ben is, how many times he has taken the field in pain and sacrificed his body for one play or for a win. These reporters like to stir the pot and can't stand the fact that the Steelers have had so much success and that Ben is the center of the teams success and, despite the bad PR over the years, the Rooneys have stuck by him and so have his teammates.

If Ben isn't on the field, he's not physically able to help this team win. Period.

zulater
12-02-2012, 01:07 PM
https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic

Funny. A reporter who hasn't been NEAR #Steelers since TRAINING CAMP claims players are sour on Ben ...

Yeah … I don’t believe it for one second. // And you shouldn’t, at least based on my actual interaction with the athletes.

Count Steeler
12-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Mr La Canfora strikes again. He has the opposite of a man crush on Ben.

Usually these "insider" type guys are full of shit.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2012, 01:16 PM
we are getting playoff help from everywhere right now ...Miami is losing , Titans are losing , Colts are losing ,

stillers4me
12-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Steelers knew Ben wouldn't be able to play.
Ben Roethlisberger will not play today against the Ravens and it’s possible he might not be ready to play against the Chargers next week, as well..

The Steelers knew Roethlisberger wasn’t going to be able to play this week, but they held out hope he might miraculously get better as the week went alone. That’s why Mike Tomlin said they are “leaving thje door open” for him to play. But even the players on offense knew early in the week that Charlie Batch, not Roethlisberger, would play against the Ravens.

Roethlisberger’s injury is not about being able to endure pain. He has shoiwn oiver the years that he plays with pain, and endures pain, maybe more than any player on the team.

Rather, it has to do with his ability to throw the ball – that mis, throw the ball more than 10 yards -- which he can’t do. And it’s possible his injury might not improve for him to do it well enough when the Steelers play San Diego at home next Sunday.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/dc6ca4d8-54ec-4045-be5a-05654259c8cb/?source=twitter

GBMelBlount
12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I want Ben as close to 100% possible before he steps on that field again.

I don't want us going into the playoffs again with Ben at 50%.

86WARD
12-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Officially inactive...along with Mendenhall.

polamalubeast
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
The Steelers would have at least a chance to win today with Roethlisberger

zulater
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
The Steelers would have at least a chance to win today with Roethlisberger

Are you kidding us? :frusty:

Of course they would. Thye'd beat that fucking Ravens team with a legitimate NFL qb, let alone one of the top 5 in the NFL like Ben.

God almighty. :doh: Really?! :crazy:

X-Terminator
12-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I think it's safe to say that a healthy Ben would have ripped the Rats a new asshole. In both games. They were gifted 3 turnovers tonight, but their defense really isn't all that great.